very new here

nikki6

Hi, I'm Nikki. I'm very new to even the idea of changing my diet. Most of what I consume is typical American 'on the go' food...
So why am I here then? I'd like to learn about the Peat diet & implement it into my daily life.

I've been diagnosed with many medical issues over the years. Endometriosis was first in my early 20's. I had surgery after surgery for that. Now in my 30's I've been told I have Ceilac disease & vitamin deficiencies. I'm pretty much fed up with going to doctors.

I just had a terrible allergic reaction to sunscreen & I decided I need a change.

I found this forum through a caring friend.

I am 36

I've never altered my diet except for some dairy restrictions.

I'll be reading & learning.

Thanks everyone!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:welcome2 nikki6! I was wondering if you had an intestinal biopsy or blood work that led to the celiac disease diagnosis? I was told I had celiac disease a couple years ago so I'm mostly curious since a lot of confusion seems to occur when it comes to celiac disease. :eek: I'm happy you found the forum.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nikki, :yellohello

It's great to see you here. :mrgreen:

As you will come to find out, once you start implementing things to restore energy to the metabolism, life starts to get brighter. A new hope is found and things start to make sense.

Let us know if you have any questions at all. We are here to help each other. :grouphug2

See you around. :hattip

4peatssake

:welcome2 to the forum nikki!
So glad that you found us.

OP
N

nikki6

Blossom said:
:welcome2 nikki6! I was wondering if you had an intestinal biopsy or blood work that led to the celiac disease diagnosis? I was told I had celiac disease a couple years ago so I'm mostly curious since a lot of confusion seems to occur when it comes to celiac disease. :eek: I'm happy you found the forum.

Hi Blossom! That's a great question. I was diagnosed by blood work & some sort of test. Dr said since I tested positive for Celiac on all 3 tests (?) That it was conclusive. I am lactose intolerant, since birth & I have a hard time with most foods & new styling products. I have to stay with same shampoo,etc

How about you? Is that how Dr found yours?
Thx! I'm glad to be here :) :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
nikki6 said:
Blossom said:

Hi Blossom! That's a great question. I was diagnosed by blood work & some sort of test. Dr said since I tested positive for Celiac on all 3 tests (?) That it was conclusive. I am lactose intolerant, since birth & I have a hard time with most foods & new styling products. I have to stay with same shampoo,etc

How about you? Is that how Dr found yours?
Thx! I'm glad to be here :) :)
Sounds about the same but I only had two tests that were positive. I think people like us really should be mindful of avoiding gluten like the plague. Peat views celiac disease a bit differently than medicine and sees it more as a hormone imbalance. Luckily all the Peaty foods are naturally gluten free. I used to have very sensitive skin like you describe and that has resolved too with healing. I'm still mindful of what I put on my skin though. I'm very pleased you found the forum and I think you will find we are a supportive and helpful bunch!

natedawggh

I never bothered to get tested for celiac, because after I realized wheat was causing my debilitating stomach issues and sinus infections, I couldn't dare go back on it for testing. I was always sensitive to screw ups and was mostly successful for five+ years, but ever since I've switched to a diet based on saturated fats (one of the bases of Dr Peats work) I have occasionally had pizza or a doughnut with no reaction whatsoever (something that would have instantly triggered a sinus infection previously). I by no means do this regularly, as wheat is definitely a poison.

My biggest recommendations for you is to read Dr Peats articles, and re read them. You're in luck because most of his research is centered on women.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals