Letrozole - aromatase inhibitor - endometriosis

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi Ladies!

I'm looking into ways to shrink endometrial lesions- i have deep infiltration unfortunately.. i actually don't experience any pain really. I've been taking protest-e and thyroid for fair while and seem to go ok with my cycle.. so, i had a weird 48h period of pain and abdominal distension .. then i had another a few weeks later.. and then a 3rd a few weeks later again.. all three times the pain has lasted about 48 hours and then resolved. By the second episode I thought I actually had an appendicitis situation… So I went and got an ultrasound because I wasn't going to present myself to the emergency department on the weekend. Although I've had my endometriosis diagnosed previously, this was the first scan I've had in a while and it has progressed significantly. All the usual and expected conversations we've had re birth control and going in for surgery. All of which I have declined. I'm now looking at options for shrinking endometriosis lesions. I understand Dr Peat's recommendations around oestrogen. I've been in this lifestyle stream for over five years now. My health has improved significantly over this time with challenges of course. However my endometriosis has obviously continued to grow. I wondered if any women here had looked at aromatase inhibitor's? I know @haidut talks about these types of drugs with some regularity. But I understand mostly it's in regards to men. Most of the posts on here about Letrozole around men and bodybuilding and their oestrogen issues... so, can I pull focus to the women on this drug? I'd be really interested to hear what other people have tried and whether you've actually been successful at shrinking endometriosis patches/lesions. cheers

Herbie

Ray Peat didn't think the "zole" drugs were not very safe. My mother used letrozole but got bad side effects, apparently exemestane is safer but still no where near as safe as progesterone.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat didn't think the "zole" drugs were not very safe. My mother used letrozole but got bad side effects, apparently exemestane is safer but still no where near as safe as progesterone.
unfortunately progesterone hasn't stopped the progression so i don't feel it's likely to shrink lesions

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals