Very high cholesterol

davidgraham

I have very high cholesterol typically seen in people with famial Hypercholesterolemia.

Also have high progesterone. I am not on any medication or supplements.

Obviously doctor wants me on statins.

What can I do ontop of peat nutrition?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311_201704_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230311_201704_Dropbox.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20230311_201715_Dropbox~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230311_201715_Dropbox~2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 69

L_C

How is your thyroid, temps etc? Usually it's underactive thyroid responsible for excess cholesterol.

Hiep

Full flush niacin/nicotinic acid will lower LDL-c, tryglycerides, Lp(a) and increase HDL.

Most in this community are against niacin due to the side effects of elevating prostaglandin D2 levels.

From personal experience, I suggest monitoring your serum uric acid levels (i.e. get a uric acid test meter) if you decide to try high dose niacin supplementation.
e.g. 2-3g niacin + 2-3g TMG per day in divided doses on top of a good B-Complex

Chris Masterjohn and Alex Leaf did a two part deep dive video on niacin that is still available on YouTube.

---

You can also try drinking pu-erh tea (active ingredient: theabrownin). It lowers LDL cholesterol & triglycerides but how it does it is the opposite of a statin.

I first heard about pu-erh tea from Brad Marshall ("Fire In A Bottle"/@fireinabottle3410 on YouTube) in his video series on obesity. In the first episode, he covers the role of AHR (aryl hydrocarbon receptor) in promoting obesity and in the second episode he discusses pu-erh tea.

Under normal conditions, something like 95% of bile is re-absorbed and ends up back in the liver. Pu-erh tea is an HMG-CoA Reductase agonist (i.e. induces the liver to make more cholesterol). With the increased cholesterol production, the liver generates more bile acid but the tea also partly blocks bile re-absorption. So you end up excreting/pooping out more of it (i.e. effectively wasting the cholesterol & triglycerides). The assumption in this scenario is that you're eating enough saturated fat to trigger the generation and release of bile.

Recall: Statins are HMG-CoA Reductase inhibitors and blocks cholesterol synthesis (along with Vitamin K2, D, hormones, and CoQ10). I don't believe it makes much sense to take a statin AND drink pu-erh tea as they'll partly cancel each other out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals