Cholesterol And Other Things

Jayelle96

Hi all,

I recently had bloodwork showing low TSH, high liver enzymes, platelets, LDL, and total Cholesterol of 244. My doctor focused on the TSH and Cholesterol, halving my NDT, and of course he wants me to take statins if my cholesterol doesn't show 'improvement'. I was wondering about the platelets and enzymes, myself.

I'm hoping to find a way to appease him enough he stops with the statin talk, improve my liver health, and work around his fear of low TSH. In addition to the 30 mg NDT, I also have a prescription for 25 mcg liothyronine. Is there an optimal dosing schedule for the thyroid medication, and any suggestions for ways to improve liver and cholesterol?

OP
J

Jayelle96

He did not order a Vitamin D test. I've been taking Carlson A & D, as well as Thorne K2, and caffeine with theanine. I have tried aspirin, but haven't found a way to take it that doesn't bother my stomach.

omnivoracious

You may want to ask for a lipoprotein nmr test which will show LDL-P particle number and particle size. This tells you more about your cholesterol and can give you better guidance on what you may want to change if necessary to try to improve your cholesterol.

x-ray peat

cholesterol is the modern medical world's bogeyman. absolutely avoid statins. 244 doesnt seem that high but if you want to lower it these are some thing to try
red yeast rice (natural statin)
Aspirin
Taurine
Glycine
Rice Bran Extract IP6
Vit E Delta tocotrienol
coq1o
Policosanol
Pantethine
vit c

I have somewhat high cholesterol too so I keep a running list of things that may work

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals