This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

x-ray peat

So I had been doing the xylitol gum after everything I ate, all the way up until bedtime. Well... I think it gave me intense acid reflux. I hadn't had that bad of reflux in forever. I looked it up and some people can have major digestive issues from it. But I thought the amount in gum wouldn't cause that. I am going off for a period and then going on again to see if my theory is correct. My teeth still feel good from the other stuff but maybe not as fresh during the day.
The smallest amount upsets my stomach. I use pure xylitol crystals and just swish with saliva and spit, and spit , and spit....

Xisca

I have also had reflux, but I do not know if this is linked. I had stopped xylitol for a while and still had reflux, and only 4 hours after meals when I bend!
@Janelle525 if you can keep posted in how much time it goes away.... thanks for having posted about this!

EIRE24

I did a little more research into xylitol and why it was killing my stomach. So though it starves the bad bacteria in your mouth it can also feed the bad bacteria in your gut, making for a rather unpleasant experience if you eat too much. Or in my case just a 1/4 teaspoon. So if anyone else has these stomach symptoms I would suggest to just swish it in your mouth and spit it out when done. I havent found any benefit to eating the stuff and other potential reasons not to.
Xylitol Side Effects: Safe or Dangerous?
Xylitol: Not as Sweet As It's Cracked Up to Be - The Healthy Home Economist
Looks like I will also have to pass on Lisa's candies as well :(.
I wonder if this is similar for diet drinks with sweetners?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm using earthpaste right now because I ran out of regular crest and I was already at the health food store so I went ahead and bought a tube. I'm grateful that this alternative was mentioned because I didn't have time to go to another store before work that night. It has a nice flavor. My teeth seem to really benefit from fluoride though so I have to be diligent with remembering to use ACT rinse.

raypeatclips

So I had been doing the xylitol gum after everything I ate, all the way up until bedtime. Well... I think it gave me intense acid reflux. I hadn't had that bad of reflux in forever. I looked it up and some people can have major digestive issues from it. But I thought the amount in gum wouldn't cause that. I am going off for a period and then going on again to see if my theory is correct. My teeth still feel good from the other stuff but maybe not as fresh during the day.

Xylitol chewing gum disturbed my gut horribly too, after around 6 pieces in a day, 2 after each meal.

L

lollipop

Still having my xylitol candies multiple times a day and no problems with my GI.

Xisca

I stopped swallowing xylitol and my stomach seems better.

I still have the problem that the sweet taste makes me hungry when I am not....

I'm using earthpaste right now because I ran out of regular crest and I was already at the health food store so I went ahead and bought a tube. I'm grateful that this alternative was mentioned because I didn't have time to go to another store before work that night. It has a nice flavor. My teeth seem to really benefit from fluoride though so I have to be diligent with remembering to use ACT rinse.

So crest toothpaste because it has no glycerine?

Whats ACT rinse?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @Blossom

So fluoride is not an issue?
I think it is an issue in drinking water and I was hesitant to use fluoride in toothpaste and mouth rinse at first but it's helped my teeth so much that I don't want to go back to avoiding it in my oral care. I did monitor my temps and pulse when I started using fluoride for oral care and didn't notice any issues but everyone is different. I know from my mom that loosing teeth can have a big negative impact on a persons health so that motivated me to give it a fair trial. I'm lucky that I no longer have fluoridated water where I live so perhaps that has made a difference. I believe @achillea mentioned using t3 after oral care with fluoride just to be careful.

Xisca

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How can you notice the difference when using or not using it?
Hi @Xisca,
My teeth started remineralizing within a couple weeks of using fluoride. When I got busy and skipped the fluoride rinse for just a couple days thinking it wouldn't matter my teeth started becoming sensitive. After starting it again the sensitivity went away. Maybe one day I won't need it but for right now it seems very helpful.

I think it is an issue in drinking water and I was hesitant to use fluoride in toothpaste and mouth rinse at first but it's helped my teeth so much that I don't want to go back to avoiding it in my oral care. I did monitor my temps and pulse when I started using fluoride for oral care and didn't notice any issues but everyone is different. I know from my mom that loosing teeth can have a big negative impact on a persons health so that motivated me to give it a fair trial. I'm lucky that I no longer have fluoridated water where I live so perhaps that has made a difference. I believe @achillea mentioned using t3 after oral care with fluoride just to be careful.

I will try the crest toothpaste. But that earthpaste seems popular.

Saw at amazon this toothpaste with xylitol.

71xJQZXLwmL._SL1500_.jpg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I will try the crest toothpaste. But that earthpaste seems popular.

Saw at amazon this toothpaste with xylitol.

71xJQZXLwmL._SL1500_.jpg
I like them both. The toothpaste you linked doesn't contain glycerin and I think no glycerin is the reason Dr. Ellie recommends regular Crest. If you try it I'd be interested to hear what you think. It's always good to have multiple options!

@lisaferraro

Is that a mint/candy? or sweetener purpose?

Im looking for mints and most have more than 5ingredients like this spry

spry mints.jpg

But this snowflakes brand looks more "clean"

snowflakes.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals