This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

L

lollipop

Closys is used to normalize the ph in your mouth before brushing. see the short video at

Xylitol does this as well.

“Third, it raises the pH of the mouth. Cariogenic bacteria prefer living in a low pH environment and produce the acid that demineralizes enamel. In the presence of xylitol, the bacteria stop producing acid and the polysaccharide slime that holds the biofilm together, and they simply slide off the teeth. In the presence of sugar, bacteria thrive, produce acid and stick to the teeth. Bacterial numbers are significantly reduced in the presence of xylitol. Xylitol promotes an alkaline oral environment which is conducive to oral health.”

http://www.speareducation.com/spear...l-the-biggest-game-changer-for-dental-hygiene

I have a xylitol candy after everything I eat/drink, a meal, snack(s) and have found no need for closys.

OP
achillea

achillea

Transient bacteremia can result after dental procedures or brushing of teeth.
Perez-Chaparro, P. J.; Meuric, V.; De Mello, G.; Bonnaure-Mallet, M. (2011-11-01). "[Bacteremia of oral origin]". Revue de Stomatologie et de Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale. 112 5): 300–303. doi:10.1016/j.stomax.2011.08.012. ISSN 1776-257X. PMID 21940028.

Dr. Ellie says the main source is flossing

raypeatclips

Transient bacteremia can result after dental procedures or brushing of teeth.
Perez-Chaparro, P. J.; Meuric, V.; De Mello, G.; Bonnaure-Mallet, M. (2011-11-01). "[Bacteremia of oral origin]". Revue de Stomatologie et de Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale. 112 5): 300–303. doi:10.1016/j.stomax.2011.08.012. ISSN 1776-257X. PMID 21940028.

Dr. Ellie says the main source is flossing

Does anyone know if water flossing i.e waterpik would do this as well?

InChristAlone

x-ray peat

Does anyone know if water flossing i.e waterpik would do this as well?
I also heard/read that the waterpik is dangerous as the force can separate the gum from the teeth and increase the size of dental pockets. I stopped using my waterpik except for the occasional nasal xylitol flushes. Stops all colds.

IMO Dr Ellie doesnt necessarily warn against all flossing. Only in cases were you are doing it wrong and causing the gums to bleed. She just doesn't think its 100% effective for removing plaque but the alternative of leaving a piece of steak between your teeth until it rots seems to be reason enough to floss. I don't think it will harm you if you are careful
https://ultimateoralhealthguide.com/2012/03/27/no-flossing/

Last edited:
L

lollipop

I also heard/read that the waterpik is dangerous as the force can separate the gum from the teeth and increase the size of dental pockets. I stopped using my waterpik except for the occasional nasal xylitol flushes. Stops all colds.

IMO Dr Ellie doesnt necessarily warn against all flossing. Only in cases were you are doing it wrong and causing the gums to bleed. She just doesn't think its 100% effective for removing plaque but the alternative of leaving a piece of steak between your teeth until it rots seems to be reason enough to floss. I don't think it will harm you if you are careful
https://ultimateoralhealthguide.com/2012/03/27/no-flossing/
+1

kaybb

In the past, flossing seemed to really help. I saw this thread and started to try a few suggestions. Earth Paste toothpaste, stopped flossing and found a xylitol gum. Now two weeks into it my back molar broke ... a piece just broke/cracked off :(. I had all kinds of teeth problems years ago and flossing seemed to stop them. (No more cavities/root canals) I’ve always brushed regularly. I’m hoping this program will strengthen my teeth. I do want to floss, so thanks for that reference on Dr. Phillips and flossing.

kaybb

Has anyone one experienced “Burning Mouth Syndromel”? It makes eating or rinsing with anything mint hard because of burning sensation that is present in the mouth. I want to make your candies, @lisaferraro Maybe find a flavor that works. And also, your homemade mouthwash? Have you posted the recipe ? I can check further back... but if you haven’t I’m going to need it :)

L

lollipop

Has anyone one experienced “Burning Mouth Syndromel”? It makes eating or rinsing with anything mint hard because of burning sensation that is present in the mouth. I want to make your candies, @lisaferraro Maybe find a flavor that works. And also, your homemade mouthwash? Have you posted the recipe ? I can check further back... but if you haven’t I’m going to need it :)
Hi @kaybb! Here is a link to mouthwash. I buy it. It is an old Louisiana recipe. My grandmother used it as well :):

https://www.drtichenor.com/shop/mouthwash

Also for the candies, use any flavor! Orange oil, lemon oil etc... ❤️

OP
achillea

achillea

No Flossing?

Using appropriate amounts of xylitol has been shown (over a period of 6 months) to remove 98% of plaque from the mouth, saliva, and teeth! When plaque is 98% gone – what are you flossing?
The mouth rinses that I recommend ensure that the mouth and teeth remain “clean” also.
I worry that for some people flossing can cause damage. If your gums bleed then you may be opening up a wound into which germs can enter the body. If you have gum recession – flossing may be preventing its re-growth and healing.
There is not one single randomized clinical trial to show that flossing prevents cavities!!
Ellie

She said she has not flossed in 20 years.
We have found if you prepare the mouth first with brushing or listerine, then use a floss threader for removing only something stuck it is safer.
The problem is the bacteremia

x-ray peat

Using appropriate amounts of xylitol has been shown (over a period of 6 months) to remove 98% of plaque from the mouth, saliva, and teeth! When plaque is 98% gone – what are you flossing?
The mouth rinses that I recommend ensure that the mouth and teeth remain “clean” also.
I worry that for some people flossing can cause damage. If your gums bleed then you may be opening up a wound into which germs can enter the body. If you have gum recession – flossing may be preventing its re-growth and healing.
There is not one single randomized clinical trial to show that flossing prevents cavities!!
Ellie

She said she has not flossed in 20 years.
We have found if you prepare the mouth first with brushing or listerine, then use a floss threader for removing only something stuck it is safer.
The problem is the bacteremia
I personally have been flossing all my life and like most I suspect, never had a problem, I did some googling and it seems bacteremia caused by flossing is found to be a problem with those who have periodontal disease/gingivitis. If you are careful, dont have gingivitis, and dont bleed I dont think its an issue.

I have flossed after brushing/rinsing and you still pull out stuff so I just cant see how leaving that stuff stuck between the teeth is a good idea. Just my opinion.

Periodontal health status and bacteraemia from daily oral activities: systematic review/meta-analysis. - PubMed - NCBI
RESULTS:
There were 290 potentially eligible articles, of which 12 article on B-EOA fulfilled the inclusion criteria and were processed for data extraction (seven on toothbrushing, one on dental flossing and four on chewing). Evaluating the influence of plaque and gingival indices on the prevalence of bacteraemia following toothbrushing, the pooled odds ratios were 2.61 [95% confidence interval (CI) = 1.45-4.69] and 2.77 (95% CI = 1.50-5.11), respectively. None of five studies on bacteraemia following dental flossing and chewing revealed a statistically significant association between oral hygiene, gingival or periodontal status and the development of bacteraemia.

CONCLUSIONS:
Meta-analysis showed that plaque accumulation and gingival inflammation scores significantly increased the prevalence of bacteraemia following toothbrushing. However, systematic review showed no relationship between oral hygiene, gingival and periodontal status and the development of B-chewing, and there is no evidence that gingival and periodontal health status affects B-flossing.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The vigorous rinsing in Dr. Ellie's program seems to work for me. I had some slight bleeding in the first couple weeks but none whatsoever since. I only use floss now when I can feel something stuck between my teeth.

bionicheart

Great info. I still think daily use of K2 is the way to go for teeth no matter where it is applied. Read up on Weston Price. He called it activator-x before it became known as Vit K.
what's the best way to use K2 for oral health? a few drops diluted in water and rinse? Swallow or use topically? I have Thorne's K2 drops

InChristAlone

I only floss particular teeth that usually have gunk after doing the whole system.

churchmouth

I get huge chunks of meat stuck in between my teeth that no amount of xylitol rinsing can remove. It can even cause pain. I beleive some people need to floss, if still eating meat, based on their teeth arrangement. But I do agree it would be better for gum health to not floss if there are no large particles to remove.

Obi-wan

what's the best way to use K2 for oral health? a few drops diluted in water and rinse? Swallow or use topically? I have Thorne's K2 drops
I just do topically on my neck

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals