This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

L

lollipop

@HealthisWealth I make me own! Xyla is the brand of xylitol I buy. Look back on this thread to page 4 or 5 and I posted my recipe.

I have altered it since then. PM me with an email address and I will send you my PDF. Can’t seem to upload a PDF from my phone.

YourUniverse

Put a hold on "kiss your dentist goodbye" from my local library, interested in oral health especially since adopting such a sugar laden diet.

Ive never really had trouble with my teeth, but have made some recent brushing changes.

I've been brushing with baking soda, is this a terrible idea? How about brushing with salt? From the discussion it seems Ill be getting my hands on some xylitol, for a rinse? And probably also as paste.

I dont know what to think about the books apparent recommendation of fluoride. Water where I live is fluoridated, and its interaction with T3 as been discussed here, etc... I'll see the argument made in the book.

DDK

I wonder what Dr. Ellie thinks of Judd's recommendation of just brushing the mouth with bar soap? She seems to reference him many times in her lectures/writings. Bar soap is alkaline forming, non-abrasive, anti-bacterial, etc...

InChristAlone

I wonder what Dr. Ellie thinks of Judd's recommendation of just brushing the mouth with bar soap? She seems to reference him many times in her lectures/writings. Bar soap is alkaline forming, non-abrasive, anti-bacterial, etc...
I would think the system wouldn't work as effectively as she likes fluoride for teeth health. I'm personally trying the fluoride because I have a history of yucky cavities (using no fluoride for yrs).

B

Braveheart

I do this...and rinse w xylitol...works for me.

DDK

I would think the system wouldn't work as effectively as she likes fluoride for teeth health. I'm personally trying the fluoride because I have a history of yucky cavities (using no fluoride for yrs).

fluoride just displaces calcium in the hydroxyapatite structure of the teeth, so it's either made of calcium hydroxyapatite or fluoroapatite. Maybe you aren't absorbing calcium well, can't utilize it for some reason, so getting fluoride is better than none in your case.

Last edited:

DDK

@DDK

Do soap has glycerine?

Some does, some does not. Some add glycerin, some remove all of the glycerin, some soaps have such a small amount remaining after saponification that it's negligible. You can tell how much glycerin it has by how moisturizing it is. If the soap is very moisturizing and non-drying it has a lot of glycerin. Ivory bar soap dries me out terribly when washing body hands, so I know it doesn't have much glycerin, that's why I brush my teeth with it.

InChristAlone

Getting calcium in your diet doesn't necessarily mean strong teeth. Weston A Price found it was the x-factor. I've been trying to do the K2 more often.

Some does, some does not. Some add glycerin, some remove all of the glycerin, some soaps have such a small amount remaining after saponification that it's negligible. You can tell how much glycerin it has by how moisturizing it is. If the soap is very moisturizing and non-drying it has a lot of glycerin. Ivory bar soap dries me out terribly when washing body hands, so I know it doesn't have much glycerin, that's why I brush my teeth with it.

so for body its ok to use high glycerin soap ?

bornamachine

I got hurt using Dr Ellie's advice, and I was so sold on it!!

InChristAlone

Yeah very rude to say I got hurt without any further details. Not to mention her system is pretty mainstream many people are already doing mouth washes and crest toothpaste for yrs and yrs. I did nothing for yrs and got crap teeth.

x-ray peat

David PS

I've been brushing with baking soda, is this a terrible idea? How about brushing with salt? From the discussion it seems Ill be getting my hands on some xylitol, for a rinse? And probably also as paste.

I dont know what to think about the books apparent recommendation of fluoride. Water where I live is fluoridated, and its interaction with T3 as been discussed here, etc... I'll see the argument made in the book.

I am just getting back into this thread. Dr. Ellie addresses baking soda at https://drellie.com/2014/04/07/baking-soda-the-craze/

In addition, not all baking sodas are created equal. If you choose to use baking soda, consider finding an aluminium-free product. Here is one that I have used for other purposes. https://www.iherb.com/qna/Bob-s-Red...g/9852/q/8caf49e0-bbcc-11e7-bb53-b0ca2f2b9131

The fluoride in the water is a much bigger issue than the rinse that you spit out. I do not drink municipal water for many reasons and fluoride is one of them

David PS

Interesting. After looking at this some more I think this is the reason why Dr. Ellie recommends using Closys mouth rinse along with the xylitol as this would kill off any xylitol resistant S. Mutans. Maybe some good natural killers too; Ive seen that peppermint oil and licorice extract may work

Closys is used to normalize the ph in your mouth before brushing. see the short video at

x-ray peat

Closys is used to normalize the ph in your mouth before brushing. see the short video at

Then killing off potential resistant S. Mutans with Closys would be a secret bonus though Im sure she knows about this issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals