Third world Diets and hair loss.

PolishPrince

I’ve been wondering if sometimes we’re overthinking diet. I know that there are plenty of missing pieces to this puzzle. Take Asian countries and African countries for instance, the countries that consume large amounts of starches. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for their entire life. And yet they have some of the lowest instances of hair loss in the world. Just makes you wonder.

We don’t know what we do not know.

OP
P

PolishPrince

Do you have any studies or data evidence to back this up ?
Nope that’s my point. We can’t wait for the studies to come out all the time. Studies hinge a lot on public interest, business interest fads etc. Simple observable facts and some intuitive reasoning can be very helpful and save you a lot of time waiting for a study before you can make a change.

your response sums up my initial question perfectly.

Apple

I’ve been wondering if sometimes we’re overthinking diet. I know that there are plenty of missing pieces to this puzzle. Take Asian countries and African countries for instance, the countries that consume large amounts of starches. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for their entire life. And yet they have some of the lowest instances of hair loss in the world. Just makes you wonder.

Maybe consuming lots of dairy in Europe/America ?
I saw a comment of a guy from Switzerland , he compared some villages in his country, in the village where people consumed cheese the most , most elderly men were bold...and the other way round, in the village where people didn't eat cheese, most men preserved their hair
Go figure...

OP
P

PolishPrince

I saw a comment of a guy from Switzerland , he compared some villages in his country, in the village where people consumed cheese the most , most elderly men were bold...and the other way round, in the village where people didn't eat cheese, most men preserved their hair
Go figure..
Go figure...
Interesting. I’m thinking high fat foods came at such a great cost in the past so they were rare. To get access to dietary animal fat you’d have to risk your life. Where as carbs from fruit and tubers are right there for the picking.

retroactive

Starch avoidance can be good for some people, but its hardly the most important thing for Peat inspired eating. If you feel fine with starch, and it supports your temp and pulse for example, and you don't get endotoxin issues from it, then eat starch. When you compare to other countries yes they may eat starch but maybe they are also doing other positive things or avoiding other negative things with respect to hair loss factors (prolactin, cortisol, estrogen etc).

Hans

Forum Supporter

The more Westernized a country becomes, the higher the hair loss rate. The closer people eat to their native diet (unrefined foods) the lower incidents of hair loss. Stress and junk food skyrocket hair loss.

orangeUglad

It's true they do eat tons of starch...but I know in addition to the starch they eat every part of the animal...so they are getting tons of collagen...and in Africa I know they use tons of palm oil in the cooking (saturated fat)...in addition there are tons of tropical fruits out there

orangeUglad

The more Westernized a country becomes, the higher the hair loss rate. The closer people eat to their native diet (unrefined foods) the lower incidents of hair loss. Stress and junk food skyrocket hair loss.
I agree with you on this

ursidae

Low A
When someone is doing well on a poverty diet its about what they dont eat

OccamzRazer

Yep! That about sums it up.

Perhaps add: the less sunlight a country gets, the higher their hair loss.

OP
P

PolishPrince

I think
I think ‘westernized’ partially means higher fat intake. It’s just not affordable for large swathes of the population.

OP
P

PolishPrince

It's true they do eat tons of starch...but I know in addition to the starch they eat every part of the animal...so they are getting tons of collagen...and in Africa I know they use tons of palm oil in the cooking (saturated fat)...in addition there are tons of tropical fruits out there
I agree
What’s starch got to do with hair
Higher PUFA intake specifically - both in relative and absolute terms.
If you look at Asian populations they consume a considerable amount of Pufa in the form up fish. And they have some of the best hair in the world. And the absolutely crush the rice.

OccamzRazer

If you look at Asian populations they consume a considerable amount of Pufa in the form up fish. And they have some of the best hair in the world. And the absolutely crush the rice.
True, that's a good point.

IMO the pre-oxidized, omega-6-heavy PUFA found in so many SAD foods is probably the real problem.

orangeUglad

Don't most asian countries fry literally everything in vegetable oil? Exception - south east asia I believe they use more coconut oil there

OP
P

PolishPrince

IMO the pre-oxidized, omega-6-heavy PUFA found in so many SAD foods is probably the real problem.

That makes sense. The body has to deal with that stuff as a dose of poison every time it’s ingested. No wonder it can’t maintain healthy extremities like hair and good skin.

sun-maid

Nope that’s my point. We can’t wait for the studies to come out all the time. Studies hinge a lot on public interest, business interest fads etc. Simple observable facts and some intuitive reasoning can be very helpful and save you a lot of time waiting for a study before you can make a change.

your response sums up my initial question perfectly.
Have you been to africa? Most males are balding, even more then western country I would say

sun-maid

From observation and lot of travelling only, I think South american country (espicially west coast) have the lowest rate of balding

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals