Third world Diets and hair loss.

Korven

Don't most asian countries fry literally everything in vegetable oil? Exception - south east asia I believe they use more coconut oil there

Yes literally everything is fried in cheap PUFA oil. Traditionally they would've used coconut oil and pig fat which would be way healthier.

Austin Resch

I’ve been wondering if sometimes we’re overthinking diet. I know that there are plenty of missing pieces to this puzzle. Take Asian countries and African countries for instance, the countries that consume large amounts of starches. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for their entire life. And yet they have some of the lowest instances of hair loss in the world. Just makes you wonder.

We don’t know what we do not know.
Have you read the book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr Weston Price? It lends itself well to your questions, looking critically at the health status of groups of humans living many regions across the world. Comparing members of the same lineage who have continued to live more ancestral/primitive lifestyles, compared to their siblings/relatives that have adopted more modernized lifestyle/nutrition, the difference in health status is clearly visible through the photographs Dr. Price was able to capture, and the evaluations of dental health (tooth decay, cavities, gum disease, mouth breathing, jaw girth/formation, facial features, etc.).

The presentation titled Homo carnivorous by Dr. Barry Groves also explores in depth what your are pondering.

sun-maid

Cool!! What did you notice about their diets sun-maid?
I think you should not look at diet only but for overall lifestyle factor here a list:

1) Lot of sun exposure
2) They walk around a lot
3) Altitude. I think living in high altitude is huge, I was in cusco for 2 weeks, I never saw a bald man(even early balding) except for european tourist. Also when treking in mountain for weeks (approx 4000meter) I never saw a balding trek guide. They had long dark and thick hair.
4) They eat mostly whole food (nothing in particular, just good complete meal)
5) Electronics/gaming is not very big. Kids dont have smart phone, they run around playing soccer
6)They drink coffee
7) They tend to follow the sun (go to bed early), they are very hardworking people
8) Family culture is big too, they seems to all know each other very well

I was mostly in the country side tho, never went in the big city. So the air was cleaner I guess

Honestly we cant really make any conclusion base on that, still I would like to know what other people who went in south america (mostly west coast) think.

OP
P

PolishPrince

I think you should not look at diet only but for overall lifestyle factor here a list:

1) Lot of sun exposure
2) They walk around a lot
3) Altitude. I think living in high altitude is huge, I was in cusco for 2 weeks, I never saw a bald man(even early balding) except for european tourist. Also when treking in mountain for weeks (approx 4000meter) I never saw a balding trek guide. They had long dark and thick hair.
4) They eat mostly whole food (nothing in particular, just good complete meal)
5) Electronics/gaming is not very big. Kids dont have smart phone, they run around playing soccer
6)They drink coffee
7) They tend to follow the sun (go to bed early), they are very hardworking people
8) Family culture is big too, they seems to all know each other very well

I was mostly in the country side tho, never went in the big city. So the air was cleaner I guess

Honestly we cant really make any conclusion base on that, still I would like to know what other people who went in south america (mostly west coast) think.
I like that. One thing I disagree about, and it’s the reason I wanted to make this post, is that I think a ton of conclusions can be drawn from that. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

hunchoz

Interesting. I’m thinking high fat foods came at such a great cost in the past so they were rare. To get access to dietary animal fat you’d have to risk your life. Where as carbs from fruit and tubers are right there for the picking.
umm no, nuts are high fat and they were staple foods. Polynesian island, hairloss is rare and they eat coconut as a staple. its the animal protein that causes baldness and other disease because protein overworks the kidneys and healthy kidneys is key to good circulation and hair.

JKX

umm no, nuts are high fat and they were staple foods. Polynesian island, hairloss is rare and they eat coconut as a staple. its the animal protein that causes baldness and other disease because protein overworks the kidneys and healthy kidneys is key to good circulation and hair.
Umm, no. Coconuts predominantly contain saturated fat and hence are protective. Its not the protein that burdens the kidneys its high PUFA foods. Just search for omega 6 and kidney function and you'll find numerous studies backing this up. They also cause atherosclerosis so there's the circulation angle covered too.

hunchoz

Umm, no. Coconuts predominantly contain saturated fat and hence are protective. Its not the protein that burdens the kidneys its high PUFA foods. Just search for omega 6 and kidney function and you'll find numerous studies backing this up. They also cause atherosclerosis so there's the circulation angle covered too.
um no. You can look at other animals. When dogs are fed a diet of only lean meat, they develop kidney disease and one of the treatments is feeding them lard or another fat. it happens in cats also and other animals. The Effects of High-Protein Diets on Kidney Health and Longevity
Dietary Protein Intake and Chronic Kidney Disease

JKX

um no. You can look at other animals. When dogs are fed a diet of only lean meat, they develop kidney disease and one of the treatments is feeding them lard or another fat. it happens in cats also and other animals.
Umm, yes.

hunchoz

Umm, yes.

The Effects of High-Protein Diets on Kidney Health and Longevity
The body only needs a certain amount of protein ,excess protein is a burden on the kidneys, it also causes bone loss. Its a known fact. Methione nd cysteine are some of the amino acids that cause this. broth/stockgelatin and skins are safer protein. The kidneys use alot of energy to get rid of uric acid. Which is caused by purines, high in animal protein. If you look at amazon tribes,polynesians, malaysians . Hairloss is rare, they eat mostly cassava,taro, and malaysians eat rice. 95% of their Protein comes from fish which is low in purines.

Last edited:

JKX

The Effects of High-Protein Diets on Kidney Health and Longevity
The body only needs a certain amount of protein ,excess protein is a burden on the kidneys, it also causes bone loss. Its a known fact. Methione nd cysteine are some of the amino acids that cause this. broth/stockgelatin and skins are safer protein. The kidneys use alot of energy to get rid of uric acid. Which is caused by purines, high in animal protein. If you look at amazon tribes,polynesians, malaysians . Hairloss is rare, they eat mostly cassava,taro, and malaysians eat rice. 95% of their Protein comes from fish which is low in purines.

Perhaps, but its a little cheeky to post a meta-analysis of studies based on people with CKD to prove your point. These people already have impaired kidney function so its no wonder that high protein creates an additional burden. They have a pre-existing condition.

I think you'll find it difficult to determine what 'excess protein' means exactly, to whom and in what context. The protein isnt the burden, all foods cause a 'burden'of some sort, its the stressful reaction of the individuals metabolism to said burden which creates the problem.

I dont see any of those tribes consuming copious amounts of vegetable oils?

Michael Mohn

If Danny's hypothesis about the brain hair connection has some truth then hair might be sacrificed for the preservation of higher brain activity. Wèsterners/whites have the most brain activity and stress due to complex social interactions therefore more hairloss. Add vitamin D deficiency for half the year and degraded food supply.

hunchoz

If Danny's hypothesis about the brain hair connection has some truth then hair might be sacrificed for the preservation of higher brain activity. Wèsterners/whites have the most brain activity and stress due to complex social interactions therefore more hairloss. Add vitamin D deficiency for half the year and degraded food supply.
Thats false. hairloss is simply a circulation problem. I found a article from 1883, hairloss in those days wasnt called hairloss it was called dry brain because thats what it is. No blood flow in scalp. Thats why the sides and the back never fall out because they have separate arteries. Hair loss means poor kidney function, which leads to poor heart function, clogged arteries . fibrosis in scalp. Its because kidneys get rid of excess phosphorus and protein .. once kidney function is effected. Phosphorus will remain and will harden arteries.

If that brain connection was true, then asians would have just as much baldness but its rare in most asian countries. Dry brain is the reason for hairloss.. Thats why before the hair falls out, the body gives you warnings with dandruff. Its also why when men go bald there scalps get bigger. Its because phosphorus hardens the arteries cause fibrosis which causes skull expansion

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

Thats false. hairloss is simply a circulation problem. I found a article from 1883, hairloss in those days wasnt called hairloss it was called dry brain because thats what it is. No blood flow in scalp. Thats why the sides and the back never fall out because they have separate arteries. Hair loss means poor kidney function, which leads to poor heart function, clogged arteries . fibrosis in scalp. Its because kidneys get rid of excess phosphorus and protein .. once kidney function is effected. Phosphorus will remain and will harden arteries.

If that brain connection was true, then asians would have just as much baldness but its rare in most asian countries. Dry brain is the reason for hairloss.. Thats why before the hair falls out, the body gives you warnings with dandruff. Its also why when men go bald there scalps get bigger. Its because phosphorus hardens the arteries cause fibrosis which causes skull expansion
You don't explain why westerners get disproportionately more hairloss. Your claims about kidney function being causative and phosphorus hardening arteries and expanding skulls sounds very unfounded or badly formulated.

hunchoz

You don't explain why westerners get disproportionately more hairloss. Your claims about kidney function being causative and phosphorus hardening arteries and expanding skulls sounds very unfounded or badly formulated.
It is simple. Westerners eat more meat .Excess Protein overworks the kidneys.The kidneys are also destroyed by chemicals , heavy metals, and bacterial infections.Teeth fillings,crowns,root canals also play a part. I know for a fact that every male who goes bald, has dandruff before they bald. Dandruff is just another word for dry brain,dry scalp poor circulation. its all the same.

Last edited:

hunchoz

The Key to regain hair is. First you have to deal with what ever is infecting your kidneys. 2nd low animal protein. Gelatin/Stock and skins are safe. Higher fat intake is good. ALso potassium,arginine is a must. Natural calcium sources. But the real key is to break up the fibrin in the scalp, by slighty making your scalp bleed but only after you take care of the chemicals/infection.Homemade vinegar and yeast have enzymes that break up fibrin.

If Your Brain-Hair theory is true. Why don't balding men lose the back of their hair or the sides?

Last edited:

reality

The Key to regain hair is. First you have to deal with what ever is infecting your kidneys. 2nd low animal protein. Gelatin/Stock and skins are safe. Higher fat intake is good. ALso potassium,arginine is a must. Natural calcium sources. But the real key is to break up the fibrin in the scalp, by slighty making your scalp bleed but only after you take care of the chemicals/infection.Homemade vinegar and yeast have enzymes that break up fibrin.

If Your Brain-Hair theory is true. Why don't balding men lose the back of their hair or the sides?

I’m inclined to believe the circulation theory, but if it’s the case then why don’t females experience pattern baldness?

nitro warrior

So would you say bringing blood manually by hanging upside down daily could make a difference? Has anyone tried this here?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals