The Manufacturing Of 60s Culture /"rock&roll"

GAF

I never believed those beatle boys could write those songs, especially the Erectile Dysfunction song "Something". Watch the original music video.... Hilarious.

Had to be an old guy....

Ritchie

Since when has ghost writing been so shock and awe worthy. Today it is pretty much the norm in pop music of all genres and widely accepted as such. So there were powerful influencers with strong links to government establishments behind 60s rock bands to distract and influence the main stream through pop culture.. again, shock awe. How is that any different from say, religion? Perhaps it was during the 50s and 60s those in power realised religion was losing its influence over the new generation and so had to come up with something cooler and more appealing (ie the beetles/stones). What was it that Karl Marx is famous for quoting, something about opiates.. perhaps they needed a new opium of the people. How genius, they came up with one that literally actually influenced people to take opium! (And made heroin illegal, even more genius but that's for another thread). I realise placing religion in this discussion can be sensitive for the faithful, but there are a fast array of other examples.. from mainstream news (which has become a culture in itself) to social media, to professional spectator sports, to movies and television shows, to the fashion industry, the list goes on and on and I'm sure every one here can think of more examples at the drop of a hat. So what? To what end does that leave us? Armed with this knowledge, where do we go from here is more to the question..

Last edited:

GAF

To what end does that leave us? Armed with this knowledge, where do we go from here is more to the question.

Growing up means coming to understand that Santa Claus is fake and so is everything else, so relax and go have some fun before you kill yourself.

Psychopaths run the show and we don't stand a chance of stopping them, but we can have more fun than them.

Ritchie

Growing up means coming to understand that Santa Claus is fake and so is everything else, so relax and go have some fun before you kill yourself.

Psychopaths run the show and we don't stand a chance of stopping them, but we can have more fun than them.
Man. I don't know where you've been getting your information from but you've been grossly mislead. Santa Claus is real AF.

Queequeg

I just started reading those links on Laurel Canyon and besides being very eye opening I found it funny that the known fake TV band The Monkees where fully accepted by the "real" bands as equals at Laurel Canyon. The author states that this was because they were all fake and none of them were actually very good musicians in the beginning. I think eventually they all learned to play instruments and would begin to play on their own albums. There is a great documentary called The Wrecking Crew about the studio musicians who were the one who actually played on all the albums at this time.

Richiebogie

@x-ray peat

From their first days on television The Beatles sang live, played instruments and entertained.

They were confident, quirky and musical.

I do not see why some secret, malevolent, elderly, Frankfurt school philosopher is more likely to have written the lyrics and composed the music for their songs than the performers themselves.

Not being classically trained may be an advantage to creativity.

Given Paul McCartney's writing style, Sgt. Pepper may be married to Miss Salt, and have nothing to do with an obscure British secret service leader carrying out a directive of Winston Churchill.

Re "Yesterday", Are 23 year olds incapable of suffering depression or feeling blue? Did no one under the age of 50 appreciate or purchase the song?

Certainly some pop groups are managed and have songs written for them. Laurel Canyon sounds more like a collaborative project than the Beatles, but then again it may just be a zone of affluence and individualism which encouraged the higher arts.

The pro-peace, pro-passivity of the songs versus the artists' connections to powerful military could be an unconscious attempt at seeking balance.

Last edited:
Professionals ghost write music today and it sucks, so what's up with that

x-ray peat

@Richiebogie If that were the only evidence against the Beatles or the Laurel Canyon crowd I would agree, but unfortunately it's not. Lot's of good stuff can be found in the sources already given and elsewhere on the web. I would say that music, TV, film or any other product of mass media is not as innocent as we are told. The good thing is that once you realize that, and see how they are doing it, their power to affect your thinking drops dramatically. Of course not watching or listening to any of it is probably the best thing you could do.

beatles.png

Last edited:

Badger

Since when has ghost writing been so shock and awe worthy. Today it is pretty much the norm in pop music of all genres and widely accepted as such. So there were powerful influencers with strong links to government establishments behind 60s rock bands to distract and influence the main stream through pop culture.. again, shock awe. How is that any different from say, religion? Perhaps it was during the 50s and 60s those in power realised religion was losing its influence over the new generation and so had to come up with something cooler and more appealing (ie the beetles/stones). What was it that Karl Marx is famous for quoting, something about opiates.. perhaps they needed a new opium of the people. How genius, they came up with one that literally actually influenced people to take opium! (And made heroin illegal, even more genius but that's for another thread). I realise placing religion in this discussion can be sensitive for the faithful, but there are a fast array of other examples.. from mainstream news (which has become a culture in itself) to social media, to professional spectator sports, to movies and television shows, to the fashion industry, the list goes on and on and I'm sure every one here can think of more examples at the drop of a hat. So what? To what end does that leave us? Armed with this knowledge, where do we go from here is more to the question..

oneZero is correct about ghost writing being the norm in pop music writing. Today and in the past. My father-in-law (now deceased) was a part-time music teacher. He was not into pop music, and did not know much about it, but he always said that the Rolling Stones hit "Wild Horses" was actually written by one of his former students. The student sold all rights to the song to Mick Jagger, who legally claimed authorship of it as a result of paying for the right. But he didn't write it. No doubt they have purchased similar rights to other hit songs. And they are doing it, everybody else is.

Badger

I just started reading those links on Laurel Canyon and besides being very eye opening I found it funny that the known fake TV band The Monkees where fully accepted by the "real" bands as equals at Laurel Canyon. The author states that this was because they were all fake and none of them were actually very good musicians in the beginning. I think eventually they all learned to play instruments and would begin to play on their own albums. There is a great documentary called The Wrecking Crew about the studio musicians who were the one who actually played on all the albums at this time.

The book, "The Wrecking Crew," which I read, proves this conclusively, and is essential reading for anybody interetsed in 1960s US pop musical history.

Badger

The John Pepper/Sgt Pepper connection is astonishing and am glad it was shared here. Here's something I found that adds more:

"From Miles Mathis:
Although John Pepper was head of the entire British spy organization in the US from the late 1940's, his presence has been pretty well scrubbed from the literature. While the first head of BSC, William Stephenson, has a long page at Wikipedia, Pepper has nothing. They can now admit Stephenson was a master spy, the inspiration for James Bond, but Pepper is still in the shadows. Why? Because his name was used by the Beatles for an album. They foolishly used his real name and told you to look twenty years before. The album actually lacks any subtlety, and as you have seen, they give you a list of agents on the cover, providing you with their pictures in case you don't know their names. Sgt. Pepper's blows the cover of almost 100 agents, so its success as propaganda relies on the assumption of an incredible ignorance and laziness by the audience—which assumption turned out to be true."
SGT. PEPPER = British M16 Agent JOHN PEPPER, | Nothing is Real: Paul was Replaced

Whether it was Adorno or not the Beatles music was way too complex to be written by kids who couldn't even read music and didn't have a clue about music theory. Its obvious that they were helped by very experienced composers and lyricists. Many of their chord progressions are lifted right from classical music and opera. As for lyrics, is this what a 23 yo would sing about or an old man past his prime?

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be.
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Read the Laurel Canyon article and you will see how all of the most heavily pushed music comes from intelligence. Sgt Pepper actually refers to the head of MI6 in the US, John Pepper, who coordinated psy ops in the US in the 1940s.
"It was twenty years ago today
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play"

AJC

To anyone who's read this thread or any of the Laurel Canyon material so far, give the first minute of this song (1967) a listen--I predict an 80% chance you'll laugh out loud at a certain point.

Richiebogie

@x-ray peat

I guess I think of Beatles and Carole King as fairly innocuous, but it is by thousands of incremental steps that Western culture has descended to an artist called Madonna celebrating a black mass in front of thousands of people a night, then getting a different fan up on stage each night to declare that they are "an unrepentent b*tch" when Christianity is built on repentance and consideration for others, Miley Cyrus simulating sex during prime time television, children being taught to ask for gender reassignment, talk of minimum 40% quotas for women in construction and maintenance jobs...

As I was born in 1970, I may not have considered how the 1960's chipped away at Western culture from the 1950's etc.

The girls screaming in the presence of the Beatles was demonstrating idol worship and a loss of self control similar to demonic possession.

The hippy message was about nihilism, neglect of duty and was somewhat anti-family.

It may be a conspiracy, but if it is not, it seems to have come from some sustained anti-Christian, anti-Western spirit.

Last edited:

GAF

So why did our parents deserve a more complex message of evil?

EVIL doesn't necessarily have a timeline of their own choosing nor does it necessarily know the exact outcome of every action it takes...maybe. possibly. maybe not. I will ask satan and see if he will give me an answer on my new weegee bored.

x-ray peat

The John Pepper/Sgt Pepper connection is astonishing and am glad it was shared here. Here's something I found that adds more:

"From Miles Mathis:
Although John Pepper was head of the entire British spy organization in the US from the late 1940's, his presence has been pretty well scrubbed from the literature. While the first head of BSC, William Stephenson, has a long page at Wikipedia, Pepper has nothing. They can now admit Stephenson was a master spy, the inspiration for James Bond, but Pepper is still in the shadows. Why? Because his name was used by the Beatles for an album. They foolishly used his real name and told you to look twenty years before. The album actually lacks any subtlety, and as you have seen, they give you a list of agents on the cover, providing you with their pictures in case you don't know their names. Sgt. Pepper's blows the cover of almost 100 agents, so its success as propaganda relies on the assumption of an incredible ignorance and laziness by the audience—which assumption turned out to be true."
SGT. PEPPER = British M16 Agent JOHN PEPPER, | Nothing is Real: Paul was Replaced
IMO Miles Mathis is more of a disinfo agent whose purpose is to lead people down blind holes. These guys don't make mistakes like what Mathis is describing. The Album cover designer/MI6 who outed John Pepper did so in what was probably part of an occult ritual practice known as Revelation of the Method. It basically mocks the victim and further debases him for knowing he is being abused but does nothing about it even if only on a subliminal level.
I've read a lot of Mathis' stuff and he is mostly full of ***t with some good info thrown in to keep people reading.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

To anyone who's read this thread or any of the Laurel Canyon material so far, give the first minute of this song (1967) a listen--I predict an 80% chance you'll laugh out loud at a certain point.

nice, more revelation of the method imo. obvious Satanist too. What kills me about Zappa is how so many musical critics could actually push him as a great artist and avant garde talent. More CIA tricks I suppose.

x-ray peat

@x-ray peat

I guess I think of Beatles and Carole King as fairly innocuous, but it is by thousands of incremental steps that Western culture has descended to an artist called Madonna celebrating a black mass in front of thousands of people a night, then getting a different fan up on stage each night to declare that they are "an unrepentent b*tch" when Christianity is built on repentance and consideration for others, Miley Cyrus simulating sex during prime time television, children being taught to ask for gender reassignment, talk of minimum 40% quotas for women in construction and maintenance jobs...

As I was born in 1970, I may not have considered how the 1960's chipped away at Western culture from the 1950's etc.

The girls screaming in the presence of the Beatles was demonstrating idol worship and a loss of self control similar to demonic possession.

The hippy message was about nihilism, neglect of duty and was somewhat anti-family.

It may be a conspiracy, but if it is not, it seems to have come from some sustained anti-Christian, anti-Western spirit.
Totally agree. I think the Beatles were part of a good guy/bad guy dialectic with the Rolling Stones. They pretty much divided up the population into following one or the other. But once the Beatles started pushing LSD, anti-Christianity, and free love like the Stones you had no where else to go.

I just looked up what Carole King was writing and even she was somewhat subversive. Look at the lyrics to Pleasant Valley Sunday, complete attack on middle class values and probably was designed to help further the generation gap. It is a good song though.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals