Thank You Ray Peat And Danny Roddy And This Forum: Just Recorded All New Record High Body Temp. 99F

jzeno

IMG_20190104_085242.jpg

Thank you all. After leaving the standard American diet in 2007 for a vegetarian diet and slowly progressing throughout the years from one popular diet to another--blood type, ketosis, raw vegan, raw Paleo (can you relate?)--I feel like I finally have a working knowledge of what to avoid and what works.

Thanks all and thanks to Ray Peat.

Kartoffel

Great for you! But is that bread I see on your plate ;) ?

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Great for you! But is that bread I see on your plate ;) ?

Yes. It's natural sourdough. I can't survive without some starches.

I like to Fry bread in coconut oil. Very satisfying for a very greasy toast.

Kartoffel

Yes. It's natural sourdough. I can't survive without some starches.

I like to Fry bread in coconut oil. Very satisfying for a very greasy toast.

I love sourdough, too, and it's fun to make it yourself. One of my few guilty pleasures.

milk_lover

Congrats man! If you don't mind, please tell us your diet and supplement routine (if there is any).

jet9

Congrats

Pretty sure Coconut is biggest contributor to T increase. Could you test same meal without Coconut?

Well done! And it gives me inspiration as I begin to adapt tis way of eating. Regarding all those diets you tried, I'm sure lots of people here can relate, and it shows an experimental mind-set, which is good! Peat and Roddy both seem to like the William Blake quote "the true method of knowledge is experiment", and like you say it has given you a working knowledge of what works for you.

yerrag

Very nice hitting the sweet spot and exceeding it even! What is the heart rate at that temp?

JustAGuy

For me personally temperature does not correlate with wellbeing at all. In my case it just depends on fluid vs calorie intake. If I eat only 1500 calories but barely drink anything I will have a very high temperature with no energy. Anyone else has this?

yerrag

For me personally temperature does not correlate with wellbeing at all. In my case it just depends on fluid vs calorie intake. If I eat only 1500 calories but barely drink anything I will have a very high temperature with no energy. Anyone else has this?
It's still better to have a high enough to be normal temperature though. But I can relate. My temperature stays at 37C even when my heart rate sticks to the 54-73 range during the day. Recently, it went further down to the 48-58 range and my temperature hardly changed.

Runenight201

High salt and low fluid sky rockets my temps too, but to a level where I feel very uncomfortable, and overheat far too easily. This is easily remedied by consuming sucrose filled fluid. It’s the perfect combo in my experience, starch, meat, salt, veggies, sucrose, leaves me perfectly satiated.

As of late I’ve been finding the chicken drum stick superior to most other meats. Something about it...so juicy and digestible.

One time I got my temps to 99.5 by drinking 5 cups of coffee back to back. I felt like I was cracked out in a bad way though, would not recommend

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Congrats

Pretty sure Coconut is biggest contributor to T increase. Could you test same meal without Coconut?

Agreed. Coconut oil, Orange Juice, Coffee and Aspirin have been the biggest contributors.

Not interested in being cold, sick, or low energy, so I'll pass on the experiment. I hope you'll understand. It works. I'm not rockin' the boat.

Waremu

Stress hormones such as cortisol can drive temperature as well, so body temp in of itself should never be the main correlator to look at. But within the Peat context, body temperature in of itself is never a gauge to overall health of metabolism/person. Peat has mentioned this many times. So rather, it is body temp. within the context of, or in conjunction to, higher pulse, and hormones that correlates with well being. That said, to heal you have to start from somewhere and it is still good to have a higher body temp IMO even if it's somewhat driven by some stress, since that will partly be inevitable until people are able to heal their metabolisms more. I think it's worse to have a colder body regardless.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Wow. I just recorded a temperature so high my thermometer thought I was having a fever. It beeped and flashed. 99.5 F:

1.jpg

cupofcoffee

Legends say that he got his temperature so high and his metabolism so fast that his soul left his body and started living on the sun to cool off

B

BRBsavinWorld

Legends say that he got his temperature so high and his metabolism so fast that his soul left his body and started living on the sun to cool off
I kid you not, I took too many pro-metabolic things at once (bag breathing, megadose B3, NDT, coffee), that I was sick for 2 days and on the second day, threw up twice lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals