Taurine deficiency as a driver of aging

Mossy

Does anyone have a go to food source for Taurine? Seems like it's mostly in seafood, which I'm trying to avoid because of heavy metals. Maybe Turkey thighs based on this article? Not sure about the pufas though

When finances were better, I'd always go for scallops for taurine, and white fish (orange roughy, Alaskan cod). I don't worry about the heavy metals. I see some sites have eggs and milk as sources too. I think I remember reading a quote about milk for taurine from Peat.

Last edited:

Jam

@Jam

What positives do you see with 150mg SSKI?
As mentioned previously, it seems to have halted my periodontal disease and reversed various arthritic issues like tendinosis in my left shoulder and sciatica. Again, I do not consider it a supplement, but a medicine, FWIW.

Mauritio

This totally makes sense to me. It's actually one of the side effects that I don't like when taking taurine; as it can be distracting.
Oh yes , wait until you tried it topically on the private parts:flushed:

Mauritio

Oh wow!
Not even 4g of per day for 7 days brought taurine levels back to normal in trauma patients. It just brought it to half of the normal level.
It is interesting that taurine seems to be so affected by trauma. I've read before that the biosynthetic pathway is inhibited by stress.
Maybe taking semi-large (>5g/day) doses post-trauma for 2 or 3 weeks would be a good idea! Or even pre-trauma, in the case of an operation or a stressful event.

Comstock

When finances were better, I'd always go for scallops for taurine, and white fish (orange roughy, Alaskan cod). I don't worry about the heavy metals. I see some sites have eggs and milk as sources too. I think I remember reading a quote about milk for taurine from Peat.

Apparently it's high in organ meats like heart and liver.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTrd8DrArnQ

I'll be taking some freeze dried organ supplements like these, and see if I feel anything.

Mossy

Mossy

Apparently it's high in organ meats like heart and liver.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTrd8DrArnQ

I'll be taking some freeze dried organ supplements like these, and see if I feel anything.

Interesting. So there is a naturally derived source, though not isolated, and definitely not cheap. Maybe it's the beef heat that has the taurine, because according to this site, beef liver doesn't have it (or their data is off):

Comstock

Interesting. So there is a naturally derived source, though not isolated, and definitely not cheap. Maybe it's the beef heat that has the taurine, because according to this site, beef liver doesn't have it (or their data is off):

So there are these sources. Idk really

Amazon product ASIN B07SBXSFHFView: https://www.amazon.com/Beef-Liver-Treats-Freeze-Dried/dp/B07SBXSFHF

@Jam I have borax at home, it was given to my mother for a shoulder calcification. She tried it on an empty stomach one morning and was vomiting, the label also states that she is toxic 🙄. Maybe I had the wrong dosage...should I go to mcg with water or juice? i want to try it

Jam

@Jam I have borax at home, it was given to my mother for a shoulder calcification. She tried it on an empty stomach one morning and was vomiting, the label also states that she is toxic 🙄. Maybe I had the wrong dosage...should I go to mcg with water or juice? i want to try it
Who gave it to her, what brand, and how much did she take? The borax I have is food grade, make sure yours is too. I take the tip of a knife, about 25-30mg (ca. 3mg of boron) in orange juice. This is the dosage recommended by Walter Last (RIP).

David PS

TheSir

Even 200mg throws me into depression and despair for a few hours. Wonder what's up with that
I think people should experiment with the dosage quite a bit.
Those GABA receptors function in a U-shaped curve (and you might have to take a possible rebound into account), so you get a different effect from it depending on where on the curve you are at any given moment in time.
Revisiting this. The depressive mood does seem to be caused by a too low dose of taurine. A gram made me feel great today. I think you're completely right.

TheSir

took just 70 mg of taurine and shortly after lots of rumbling in my gut i passed some bile containing stools and felt calm and less water retention
I used to interpret this as a symptom of having taken too much taurine. Is it actually something you could push through?

Mauritio

I used to interpret this as a symptom of having taken too much taurine. Is it actually something you could push through?
After a week I had to stop taurine . I got a feeling of bile congestion and my sleep was bad. Eating copper rich foods helped with the insomnia and especially the bile congestion but not completely.

TheSir

After a week I had to stop taurine . I got a feeling of bile congestion and my sleep was bad. Eating copper rich foods helped with the insomnia and especially the bile congestion but not completely.
From just 70mg? What did the bile congestion feel like?

Mauritio

From just 70mg? What did the bile congestion feel like?
No, i went to higher doses. It felt kind of toxic, constipation, endotoxin like feeling, pressure over the liver/ gallbladder, dark cicrcles under eyes,...

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
We tried 500 mg at supper. After a week and a half I really notice some constipation and I ended up with a sore spot on my nose. Maybe a lower dose would be better if I decide to try it again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals