Taurine as a possible antiaging therapy: A controlled clinical trial on taurine antioxidant activity in women ages 55 to 70

OP
David PS

David PS

Scallops taste amazing as well. But…Mmm where can I get me some “chicken by-product meal”!
Yes and even the fake stuff is expensive. I am finally thinking about taurine supplements.

OP
David PS

David PS

Why not just get it from food though. Even up to 2000mg is doable using whole foods. How much would you want to supplement?
Your right I should double down on getting it from my food. I am shooting for 4000mg This paper suggests that up to 6000mg may be okay.

Scientific Opinion on the safety and efficacy of taurine as a feed additive for all animal species specieshttps://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.2903/j.efsa.2012.2736

Mossy

Scallops taste amazing as well. But…Mmm where can I get me some “chicken by-product meal”!
Most major brand cat food has that in it; probably dog food as well.

OP
David PS

David PS

August 2022
These results suggest that taurine promotes E2 synthesis through p38/miR-7a/Glg1/Cyp19a1 signaling pathway, which is crucial to understand the function and mechanism of taurine on estrogen synthesis.

OP
David PS

David PS

Therefore, further research is needed not only in astrocytes and neurons, but also in other glial cells in order to fully comprehend taurine metabolism and function in the brain. Nonetheless, astrocyte’s role in taurine-induced neuroprotective functions should be considered as a promising therapeutic target of several neuroinflammatory, neurodegenerative and psychiatric diseases in the near future. This review provides an overview of the significant relationship between taurine and astrocytes, as well as its homeostatic and neuroprotective role in the nervous system.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals