Survived late stage covid phneumonia

yerrag

So, so true…
Another reason I think the attitude is so extreme right now toward low spo2 is the fear of the potential for anoxic injury or death in these people. This current situation would be a great time to start seriously investing if carbogen could help.
I wish there is a consumer market for carbogen where small tanks of carbogen can be bought with their special adapters made for carbogen. But given that is just as real as Santa, what would it take to get a Kickstarter going for such a product? Does the law make it illegal?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wish there is a consumer market for carbogen where small tanks of carbogen can be bought with their special adapters made for carbogen. But given that is just as real as Santa, what would it take to get a Kickstarter going for such a product? Does the law make it illegal?
I do not know but I feel this is worthy of exploring further. Perhaps one of us should start a new thread on the topic and see what develops? I would even consider emailing Peat at some point on the subject despite my typical stance of not bothering him unless absolutely necessary.

yerrag

I do not know but I feel this is worthy of exploring further. Perhaps one of us should start a new thread on the topic and see what develops? I would even consider emailing Peat at some point on the subject despite my typical stance of not bothering him unless absolutely necessary.
If I didn't get so sick 6 weeks ago, I wouldn't have experienced how helpful carbogen was in assisting my body overcome my diseased state at that time. Because I couldn't properly diagnose the cause because my fever kept me from taking blood tests, I could not help the body except for inhaling carbogen. I believe it gave me the CO2 to keep my body from getting into a very acidic state. I was eventually able to get out of the feverish state. Carbogen put me in that position.

I'm glad you mentioned carbogen, and that appreciation must come from your exposure to patients that would have been helped if the hospital had the option to choose carbogen.

I feel strongly that because the gremlins made carbogen unavailable, the therapies used to make up for depriving patients of CO2 had to be used, making everyone having to use Rube Goldberg solutions.

Certainly, the subject deserves a thread of its own. Your experience and insight would bring more traction in getting interest in the thread.

Writing Ray is a great idea as he probably already knows the inside story and he can help us navigate the treacherous waters of medical orthodoxy and inertia.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If I didn't get so sick 6 weeks ago, I wouldn't have experienced how helpful carbogen was in assisting my body overcome my diseased state at that time. Because I couldn't properly diagnose the cause because my fever kept me from taking blood tests, I could not help the body except for inhaling carbogen. I believe it gave me the CO2 to keep my body from getting into a very acidic state. I was eventually able to get out of the feverish state. Carbogen put me in that position.
That’s phenomenal!!!
I feel strongly that because the gremlins made carbogen unavailable, the therapies used to make up for depriving patients of CO2 had to be used
Whoa, well said. It’s like we have only been allowed little crumbs of helpful therapeutics here and there to make everything look good on the surface but it’s really not working. With something as basic as breathing we should be able to do so much better!
Certainly, the subject deserves a thread of its own. Your experience and insight would bring more traction in getting interest in the thread.

Writing Ray is a great idea as he probably already knows the inside story and he can help us navigate the treacherous waters of medical orthodoxy and inertia.
I will start a new thread later today and move the last few posts to it to get the ball rolling. Thank you yerrag!

Perry Staltic

Peat talking about carbogen in a podcast was my first exposure to him. It was in regards to the damage caused by ventilators due to high FiO2 (O2 concentration). It would be good to hear that again if someone knows of it. At the time I did not know the person's name, but after finding this place I realized it was him by recognizing his voice in other podcasts here..

sunny

I'm glad you mentioned carbogen, and that appreciation must come from your exposure to patients that would have been helped if the hospital had the option to choose carbogen.

I feel strongly that because the gremlins made carbogen unavailable, the therapies used to make up for depriving patients of CO2 had to be used, making everyone having to use Rube Goldberg solutions.

Were you able to get Carbogen In a hospital?

yerrag

That’s phenomenal!!!

Whoa, well said. It’s like we have only been allowed little crumbs of helpful therapeutics here and there to make everything look good on the surface but it’s really not working. With something as basic as breathing we should be able to do so much better!

I will start a new thread later today and move the last few posts to it to get the ball rolling. Thank you yerrag!
That's great! Who knows, we may generate enough interest that a podcaster like Joe Rogan gets carbogen back in the limelight. I mean, it really should.

ps I was sick 10 weeks ago, not 6.

yerrag

Can you set the % CO2 on that machine? Don't see any display
Yes, using its Android app. I set it at 5% but it's hard to fine tune so it just ends up with the sensor telling me it's 10%. Since there is no oxygen tank used, I'm pretty much breathing air plus CO2, with the CO2 fed into the air as a fraction of the oxygen content of air. There is not much of a positive pressure involved, so my breathing is not forced.

yerrag

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

yerrag

So does carbogen increase your CO2?
For one, it contains 5% CO2 already and 95% O2 (of course, when you're assisted with a respirator, you're breathing in both atmospheric air and carbogen, so you're not really breathing 5% CO2).

With more CO2 in blood, more tissue oxygenation occurs and with more oxygen available, you are better able to get out of anaerobic glycolysis (where lactic acid is produced) into mitochondrial respiration, where CO2 is produced.

In a body where efficient metabolism is hindered, it would be difficult to get the body back up because internally no significant quantity of CO2 can be produced. With no CO2, the body increases its acidity and this leads to a downward spiral in a vicious cycle. It creates an unhealthy terrain that causes more imbalance microbially.

To keep this spiral from occurring, external assistance in the form of carbogen would provide CO2 continually and this slowly spurs the restoration of metabolic health, and the body can recover, especially when it can restore its CO2 production ability. CO2 is not a byproduct of metabolism, but an essential product of it.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Does CO2 increase your CO2?
I would think yes, breathing more of a certain substance increases the concentration of that substance.

I know peat advocates for high altitude higher CO2 for better health and also simple thing as bag breathing

I remember around 2016 I tried bag breathing for only like 5 mins into a sandwich bag in my room, and I felt a sudden side effect, I couldn't feel my arms, I felt wierd, everything was crashing down inside, I stopped and after 15 mins or so everything normalized

At that time I lived in a sick house (black mold) and was also very reactive to anything like supplements etc

Anyway, I haven't tried it again since and should try some bag breathing but does anyone have any explanation or similar stories of such sudden and at the time scary side effects from raised CO2?

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

For one, it contains 5% CO2 already and 95% O2 (of course, when you're assisted with a respirator, you're breathing in both atmospheric air and carbogen, so you're not really breathing 5% CO2).

With more CO2 in blood, more tissue oxygenation occurs and with more oxygen available, you are better able to get out of anaerobic glycolysis (where lactic acid is produced) into mitochondrial respiration, where CO2 is produced.

In a body where efficient metabolism is hindered, it would be difficult to get the body back up because internally no significant quantity of CO2 can be produced. With no CO2, the body increases its acidity and this leads to a downward spiral in a vicious cycle. It creates an unhealthy terrain that causes more imbalance microbially.

To keep this spiral from occurring, external assistance in the form of carbogen would provide CO2 continually and this slowly spurs the restoration of metabolic health, and the body can recover, especially when it can restore its CO2 production ability. CO2 is not a byproduct of metabolism, but an essential product of it.
Thanks for that, I love write ups from someone who has a passion for a subject.

So does bag breathing create the same effect as using this machine? I wrote about my experience a long time ago with bag breathing would be interested in your thoughts on this.

K

Kayaker

I would think yes, breathing more of a certain substance increases the concentration of that substance.

I know peat advocates for high altitude higher CO for better health and also simple thing as bag breathing

I remember around 2016 I tried bag breathing for only like 5 mins into a sandwich bag in my room, and I felt a sudden side effect, I couldn't feel my arms, I felt wierd, everything was crashing down inside, I stopped and after 15 mins or so everything normalized

At that time I lived in a sick house (black mold) and was also very reactive to anything like supplements etc

Anyway, I haven't tried it again since and should try some bag breathing but does anyone have any explanation or similar stories of such sudden and at the time scary side effects from raised CO?
CO is carbon monoxide, a toxic gas.

I believe putting your head under the covers is a much better alternative to bag breathing and wouldn't increase CO2 fast enough to have negative side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals