Somatic Experiencing Of Peter Levine

PeatThemAll

Something changed in me this summer. It's like I'm living on a 12-hour cycle (bio)clock. Basically wake up at 3AM, full of energy, not hungry, still eat after a while, then energy/adrenaline maintains me for a while (mental sharpness). Although I still eat in that period, after 7-8 hours I'm shot and slowly start to slump until the end of the 12-hour cycle. I rest (lying) when schedule allows for it, through the 2-4 PM part. After that metabolism kicks back in.

Here's the Levine-related question: can/do animals "burn" (low-grade fever) residual stress after a high intensity period? That's how my body cycles down, and back up (burn), when I have a stressful/productive morning. The only times I felt that type of burn, in the past, were after long days outdoors. Now it seems that since I allow myself to feel whatever (no judging, let the body be), that burn "recoup" period is getting more and more frequent/normal to me.

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

Sorry, I do not understand your question, can you explain better what you mean by burn?
Basically, we and animal alternate like waves activation and relaxation.
I can also understand your 2 parts of the day as what experience the spanish people with the afternoon siesta!

PeatThemAll

Sorry, I do not understand your question, can you explain better what you mean by burn?
Basically, we and animal alternate like waves activation and relaxation.
I can also understand your 2 parts of the day as what experience the spanish people with the afternoon siesta!

With regards to the burn, it feels like at the start of a fever. Hot all over my body, but not painful. Rather than just feeling "normal" heat, it feels like I'm "radiating" heat (becoming a heat source rather than just homeostasis). Kind of life your car's engine staying hot forca while after running.

As for siesta. nice. I'm just surorised it takes that long (cycle = hours) rather than 20 minutes (typical north american nap time).

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, first, the spanish siesta is 2 hours! A full cycle.
Animals, to my knowledge, do not burn stress but shake it.

I try to tell something about heat: in the body, it is a sign of activation, as you mention having it when practising sport. It is just the nrmal and adapted heat in the muscles.
When the activation is sudden and strong, the actual heat of the moment is redistributed, for instant use where needed. This means that the skin gets cold and pale. Blood just goes away to where needed.

Here Peat is interesting for common every day needs of activation, have a look at what happens at the level of your metabolism!
And I have no idea about the peculiar rythm you mention....
Rythm is just normal to have, and exists many different rythms. It is very normal to alternate between activation and relaxation, as far as there is enough balance and pendulation. I mean by pendulation that normally, the level of the pendulation on 1 side gives the level at the other side, they should compensate.

PeatThemAll

Prompted by this thread: 101 Year Old Fred Kummerow Exercised A Lot And Eats Whole Grains, Oatmeal, And Vegetables

To me, the mind can be quite the handbrake with regards to metabolism. Two sources left an impression on me. The first being Dr. Sarno's book (back ache, triggered by mind-driven vasoconstriction), the other Tony Robbin's Unlimited Power book (mentioning a person's blood sugar profiles changed when a person suffering from multiple personality disorder switched personalities). The mind can be quite the director, whether at the systemic or local level of metabolism.

The way I look at it there's not much to gain, except buying time in emergency situations, in bottling in what one lives regardless of what one's inner critic / social conditioning says. It's not what surfaces that matters, it's how you manage (read: accept) it. Otherwise some part of your body's processes get locked-in/frozen, and it's just waiting for the non-stressful perfect time to resurface.

"Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

When we have gathered too much of undischarged energy, then the paradox is that we need the mind for helping us go out the situation, because it is just too much to discharge all at once.

The mind is a good tool for observing oneself,
and then to use imagination for making changes at subtle level, because the body does not make the difference. So of course we can use the mind, or else we see it thinking uncontroled and increasing the stress charge.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals