Skin Care Myths

baccheion

It's all about minerals and vitamins (including MSM/sulfur and monomethylsilanetriol/silicon), most of which can be supplemented. And eating well. And MSM lotion.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

It's all about minerals and vitamins (including MSM/sulfur and monomethylsilanetriol/silicon), most of which can be supplemented. And eating well. And MSM lotion.
Thank you for your comment. According to my understanding, Ray Peat is not a fan of MSM.

baccheion

Thank you for your comment. According to my understanding, Ray Peat is not a fan of MSM.
What the hell? What was his reasoning? MSM + silicon + vitamin C can be a great skin/collagen stack, especially with MSM lotion.

JustAGuy

MSM increases collagen production like crazy for me in the start but I feel like it’s effects lessen over time. Like my body finds it new homeostasis and adjusts. In the beginning I get a lot of dry/dead skin on my feet soles. This slowly diminishes again over time. I use it when I have a wound. I had a deep cut on the sole of my feet that was bleeding a lot. It recovered very rapidly using MSM temporarily.

I have always had basically perfect skin, the only moment I get problems is if I undereat calories or eat high protein /fat foods. This causes my skin and hair to become oily.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

What the hell? What was his reasoning? MSM + silicon + vitamin C can be a great skin/collagen stack, especially with MSM lotion.
Engineer: Actually, two simple questions coming through me. First one is MSM and does it have an influence on male or female libido? OK, Dr Peat, MSM...Methylsulfonylmethane.

RP: I'm very cautious about it. The dimethyl sulphide I think has its uses but I'm not sure that there's anything really fully safe with MSM.

baccheion

Engineer: Actually, two simple questions coming through me. First one is MSM and does it have an influence on male or female libido? OK, Dr Peat, MSM...Methylsulfonylmethane.

RP: I'm very cautious about it. The dimethyl sulphide I think has its uses but I'm not sure that there's anything really fully safe with MSM.
Strong reasoning [/sarcasm]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals