"Natural" skin-care routine/products?

Jennifer

You've really shared all your beauty secrets with us huh, Jennifer :) Thank you for the threads!

You’re welcome. Haha! More like Mother Nature’s beauty secrets. All credit goes to her. :happy:

paco

I've had acne on my face since a few years I've been trying different products - from synthetic to natural now.

For the skin, obviously nutrition and gut+liver health are the most important.

I use a Neroli cleanser before sleeping (and I saw a big difference - my acne on the jawline and neck doesn't exist anymore) and this tallow balm once every two days in the morning.

Very minimal but it is what works the best for me.

I'm 73 and I get comments from other people that my skin looks amazing. My skin is in very good shape, all things considered. Here's what I've done for skin care for more than 20 years:

1. I always wear a hat if I'm outside in the sun. I'm outside a lot.

2. I wash my face with a very gentle unscented liquid glycerine soap. here.

3. I use Dickenson's Witch Hazel as a toner to get the soap residue off.

4. I use hydogenated coconut oil as a moisturizer after the witch hazel. I'm pretty generous with it. Coconut oil is wonderful for the skin.

5. I get 8 hours of sleep each night.

6. I do not eat polyunsaturated fats (liquid seed oils). Eating polyunsaturated fats will age your skin and make it susceptible to sun burning.

EDIT: I linked to the wrong witch hazel product above (oops). I use this one.
I really never could understand how a “toner” is good. It seems soap is harsh enough, stripping away the skins natural oils, but why is this extra nail in the coffin necessary?

i only wash my face at night, and only if I happen to be wearing face powder that day. I don’t wear liquid foundation. The only other product I use is raw honey on my face to deep clean and nourish it. I just let my skin do what it is meant to do and it has never been better than now..

mostlylurking

I really never could understand how a “toner” is good. It seems soap is harsh enough, stripping away the skins natural oils, but why is this extra nail in the coffin necessary?
I'm using extremely gentle unscented glycerin soap; it still leaves a residue that makes my skin dry and drawn. The toner removes the last residue of soap. Then I apply hydrogenated coconut oil. It works for me.

I'm using extremely gentle unscented glycerin soap; it still leaves a residue that makes my skin dry and drawn. The toner removes the last residue of soap. Then I apply hydrogenated coconut oil. It works for me.
Oh so toner is recommended to remove soap residue?

golder

My mother advised me to start using Dickenson's witch hazel on my skin back in 1963. Her lovely porcelain skinned red headed college room mate always used it on her own delicate skin in the 1930's. Witch hazel has been around a very long time.
Nice, what’s the use of witch hazel? As a cleanser? As a man I basically just shower and then use a moisturiser (saturated fatty acid based) after that. Not sure where I could incorporate the witch hazel?

mostlylurking

Nice, what’s the use of witch hazel? As a cleanser? As a man I basically just shower and then use a moisturiser (saturated fatty acid based) after that. Not sure where I could incorporate the witch hazel?
It gets the soap residue off your face. Apply with a cotton ball. Other uses too. I like Dickenson's (link above), good product, unscented, gentle.

Cleanse Oily Skin
Treat Minor Wounds

Heal Bug Bites

Treat Acne
Minimize Stretch Marks

Soothe Razor Burn
Treat Cold Sores

Remove Makeup

Reduce Scars

Calms Scalp Irritation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back