Jwicks1995

I have Unipolar Depression, Anxiety & Major Gut issues. Mirtazapine seems to have failed due to the Noradrenergic profile having a negative effect on my extremely high anxiety. Cannot even handle 15mg it seems...I want to try Seroquel, I understand it affects 5HT1A & antagonizes various 5-HT receptors and hefty reduces cortisol. However, its metabolite is an NRI..which I'm hoping does not have too much of an effect - as it's used to reduce manic episodes I doubt its effects on Norepinephrine and Alpha 2 antagonism are as strong as Mirtazapines, so hopefully, this is promising. I'm dosing Cypro with positive results but as this stage, given my history, I am a lost cause, tried dozens of meds, diets, supplements, etc - So hoping this will help.

Am I able to grab any opinions on this medication - Dosages, Experiences, Peats thoughts? I'm ALWAYS bloated and stressed, if this nips it in the but I'll be happy. I refuse to be reliant on Benzos. I also have Metergoline & Memantine on hand.

Maljam

What are you eating? Might not be what you want to hear, but if you are constantly bloated that would suggest something you are eating is disagreeing with you, which a pharmaceutical can only go so far to fix.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Experimented with an array of diets since early 2017. Went from low fodmap-> low carb -> keto -> Carnivore -> when I transitioned off this everything started to turn to ***t - I believe metabolic issues occurred around this time - > whole foods -> and currently peating with lots of sugar - boiled potatoes, fruits etc - if I’m stressed I am bloated no matter what - and when I’m bloated my breathing is ****88 etc - starts a bad cycle that I’m always inside of unless I’m sedated or unstressed which is rare, benzos work - but I do not want to be dependent. I may also have seretonergic issues as whilst I was on carnivore I was also on an SSRI - I went back on 6 months ago STUPIDLY - and am down to a small dose wanting to get off it it. So I’m guessing my issues are also metabolic and seretonin related. Also a lot of PUFAS in circulation I believe. Some days I can wake up feeling okay - grab a glass of water and within 5 seconds I can have brainfog from simply ingesting water...it’s an absolute joke - perhaps I’m in a constant high cortisol state which does not allow proper digestion which backs up the contents - thus leaving an opened lower oesophageal sphincter - and with prolonged and acute aspiration of stomach ph playing a role in this sudden onset brainfog - because I start to feel very stuffy as soon as it occurs

Frankdee20

Seroquel has dose dependent affinity for different receptors.... low doses effect histamine and adrenal receptors, and moderate effects serotonin and finally highest doses effect dopamine

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

I've tried various probiotic strains with no avail - have you seen genuine results with these?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have Unipolar Depression, Anxiety & Major Gut issues. Mirtazapine seems to have failed due to the Noradrenergic profile having a negative effect on my extremely high anxiety. Cannot even handle 15mg it seems...I want to try Seroquel, I understand it affects 5HT1A & antagonizes various 5-HT receptors and hefty reduces cortisol. However, its metabolite is an NRI..which I'm hoping does not have too much of an effect - as it's used to reduce manic episodes I doubt its effects on Norepinephrine and Alpha 2 antagonism are as strong as Mirtazapines, so hopefully, this is promising. I'm dosing Cypro with positive results but as this stage, given my history, I am a lost cause, tried dozens of meds, diets, supplements, etc - So hoping this will help.

Am I able to grab any opinions on this medication - Dosages, Experiences, Peats thoughts? I'm ALWAYS bloated and stressed, if this nips it in the but I'll be happy. I refuse to be reliant on Benzos. I also have Metergoline & Memantine on hand.
The gut majorly contributes to mental conditions, such as anxiety, so restoring proper gut function should greatly help against anxiety.
Clearly something is fermenting and bloating you and that can either be a certain food or an overgrowth of a certain bacteria that's causing bloating. Are you also constipated? Do you have white overgrowth on your tongue?
I know of someone who also was just bloated even after a glass of water and after using a few natural herbs and substances, the bloat and inflammation went away.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

I can get the stools out without a battle - So I wouldn't say constipated - but I definitely feel backed up - sometimes though it feels as if its just full of air that isn't moving - but my gut literally protrudes out so much it's nuts - and YES, it is white - I have attached a photo. ( IT's GROSS BTW)

What would you suggest? Advice would be much appreciated...I'm more than desperate :(
120122009_669727330612671_3232156878553142800_n.jpg

Hans

Forum Supporter
I can get the stools out without a battle - So I wouldn't say constipated - but I definitely feel backed up - sometimes though it feels as if its just full of air that isn't moving - but my gut literally protrudes out so much it's nuts - and YES, it is white - I have attached a photo. ( IT's GROSS BTW)

What would you suggest? Advice would be much appreciated...I'm more than desperate :(
View attachment 19662
The excess gas is usually from methane producing bacteria, such as Methaninobrevibacter smithii and Methanospaera stadmagnae, and methane producers usually correlate with constipation.
So addressing those should help to reduce the bloating. Cinnamon and oil of oregano are two great options.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

They’re proven to reduce methane producing bacteria? I wonder how effacious this is in comparison to anti biotics such as rifaximim? Link below

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093012/

Do you know of any other compounds that are proven to reduce methane/methane bacteria? Fixing my digestion would feel like a miracle at this stage. It’s been a joke for so long.. I remember never having to worry about it years and years ago, and coincidentally also having a much better life... this actually all start after my last over seas trip to Thailand where I went downhill quite rapidly..very odd ... perhaps I caught something. I wouldn’t mind obtaining some anti biotics to try and nuke whatever is screwing up my gut motility - anyone have any product suggestions and/or websites I’d be able to obtain without prescription? Cbf convincing my cynical doctor and end up being convinced to do something different..

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yep, oregano, Now Products do these Oregano Oil Softgels

Make sure they are the 55% Carvacrol ones, highly recommend these :):
Yes, the higher the better. :)

They’re proven to reduce methane producing bacteria? I wonder how effacious this is in comparison to anti biotics such as rifaximim? Link below
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093012/
Slow Transit Constipation Associated With Excess Methane Production and Its Improvement Following Rifaximin Therapy: A Case Report

Do you know of any other compounds that are proven to reduce methane/methane bacteria? Fixing my digestion would feel like a miracle at this stage. It’s been a joke for so long.. I remember never having to worry about it years and years ago, and coincidentally also having a much better life... this actually all start after my last over seas trip to Thailand where I went downhill quite rapidly..very odd ... perhaps I caught something. I wouldn’t mind obtaining some anti biotics to try and nuke whatever is screwing up my gut motility - anyone have any product suggestions and/or websites I’d be able to obtain without prescription? Cbf convincing my cynical doctor and end up being convinced to do something different..
Rifaximin is basically the gold standard anti-biotic, so perhaps it's something you can try out just to see if it helps.
If you suddenly started getting gut issues after traveling you most likely picked up some bacteria or parasite while being there. It's very common. Perhaps you can try anti-parasitics, such as wormwood, black walnut, artemisinin, etc.

I have had fantastic digestive health from L.reuteri and use the one below, which I think is very, very good value;
L. Reuteri Probiotic - Swanson Health Products

I take it first thing in the morning with water and about an hour before food.
Yeah L. reuteri has also been shown to lower methane producers.

CoconutEffect

Camphosal is one my favorite idea labs products.

what dose are you at the with cypro? When are you taking it?

I developed an anxiety disorder during and after lockdowns, eradicated by taking cypro .5mg morning and .5mg afternoon, instead of taking it nightly

I have paradoxical responses to drugs but it’s a low dose and cuts through the anxiety that was at times paralyzing.

Camphosal is one my favorite idea labs products.

what dose are you at the with cypro? When are you taking it?

I developed an anxiety disorder during and after lockdowns, eradicated by taking cypro .5mg morning and .5mg afternoon, instead of taking it nightly

I have paradoxical responses to drugs but it’s a low dose and cuts through the anxiety that was at times paralyzing.
@dilantinoid Any experience with MB (Methylene Blue) for anxiety?

aguineapig

Tobacco was a huge factor for stabilizing my gut. I was not functional for all of 2019, and a combo of tobacco, cypro and buspirone with the occasional beta blocker turned everything around. 2020 has probably been the best year of my life.

Experimented with an array of diets since early 2017. Went from low fodmap-> low carb -> keto -> Carnivore -> when I transitioned off this everything started to turn to ***t - I believe metabolic issues occurred around this time - > whole foods -> and currently peating with lots of sugar - boiled potatoes, fruits etc - if I’m stressed I am bloated no matter what - and when I’m bloated my breathing is ****88 etc - starts a bad cycle that I’m always inside of unless I’m sedated or unstressed which is rare, benzos work - but I do not want to be dependent. I may also have seretonergic issues as whilst I was on carnivore I was also on an SSRI - I went back on 6 months ago STUPIDLY - and am down to a small dose wanting to get off it it. So I’m guessing my issues are also metabolic and seretonin related. Also a lot of PUFAS in circulation I believe. Some days I can wake up feeling okay - grab a glass of water and within 5 seconds I can have brainfog from simply ingesting water...it’s an absolute joke - perhaps I’m in a constant high cortisol state which does not allow proper digestion which backs up the contents - thus leaving an opened lower oesophageal sphincter - and with prolonged and acute aspiration of stomach ph playing a role in this sudden onset brainfog - because I start to feel very stuffy as soon as it occurs

So you were better with keto and carnivore?

Jing

Rifaximin is basically the gold standard anti-biotic, so perhaps it's something you can try out just to see if it helps.
If you suddenly started getting gut issues after traveling you most likely picked up some bacteria or parasite while being there. It's very common. Perhaps you can try anti-parasitics, such as wormwood, black walnut, artemisinin, etc.
Do you know anywhere you can buy this antibiotic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom