September 15th deadline for Vaccination

B

Blaze

My wife was just informed that she and the other healthcare workers at her facility must have the vaccine by September 15th or they will be let go. The skilled nursing facility in El Cajon, Ca. (San Diego area) said it was a requirement being put on them by the State and will now be mandatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

Blaze

My wife was just informed that she and the other healthcare workers at her facility must have the vaccine by September 15th or they will be let go. The skilled nursing facility in El Cajon, Ca. (San Diego area) said it was a requirement being put on them by the State and will now be mandatory.
She loves her work and will probably go against my advice and get the vaccine even though she would prefer not to get it. Pretty difficult when your employment is threatened to motivate you.

JamesGatz

Same thing is happening to my father and he's 2 years from retirement and still refuses to get the vaccine no matter what - I have a feeling my place of employment is next - I find it hard to believe that across the country people would be fired for not accepting it come the fall - that's a lot of people unemployed and a lot of space that needs to be filled ...

OP
B

Blaze

Same thing is happening to my father and he's 2 years from retirement and still refuses to get the vaccine no matter what - I have a feeling my place of employment is next - I find it hard to believe that across the country people would be fired for not accepting it come the fall - that's a lot of people unemployed and a lot of space that needs to be filled ...
Yes, and they are always shorthanded and don't have enough workers as it is. I really don't want her to get this thing. She is strong willed and will not quit her job to avoid it.

Peater

They can't mandate it even in this shithole (USSK)

I mean at least look into constructive dismissal or whatever it would be called over there. I assume s strike is out of the question and most of her colleagues are just taking it

OP
B

Blaze

They can't mandate it even in this shithole
Show me a realistic way around it then and I will certainly be grateful to you for any sound advice my friend.......................

Peater

Show me a realistic way around it then and I will certainly be grateful to you for any sound advice my friend.......................
Medical exemption and discrimination would be what I'd claim

OP
B

Blaze

Medical exemption and discrimination would be what I'd claim
Doesn't seem plausible that it would work. Gonna be hard to get a Doctor to give that exemption which a lot of us would like to get. And as for discrimination, if you look at the courts recent behavior they are behind the Govt 100% regardless of whether or not you are legally correct. Also, not sure there is a basis to cry discrimination. They have a goal of 100%. They are equally applying the vaccine requirement forcing it shamelessly on all humanity regardless of color or creed.

OP
B

Blaze

Every doctor has a price...
Still, what a sad situation to be in. At quite a disadvantage with all that is being brought to bear against us. Hoping to find a Doctor to bend the rules puts you at risk of being reported. Hello George Orwell, goodbye America.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My friend who is a healthcare worker successfully got a religious exemption after being refused on her first try. I will find what she did and message you if you think it would help.

OP
B

Blaze

My friend who is a healthcare worker successfully got a religious exemption after being refused on her first try. I will find what she did and message you if you think it would help.
That would be appreciated. I assume this was here in the USA?

JamesGatz

Unfortunately, it just seems like the only people that won't take the vaccine ultimately are the ones who are unafraid of changing careers if it came down to it or who have the willingness to do something that may be borderline-illegal to fight it. My father and I and many on this forum have that mindset, but to convince someone in the "real-world" to go through something like this - it's difficult to get them on the same page enough to try and fight it - I don't find that mental strength in people like I do with people on this forum.

OP
B

Blaze

Unfortunately, it just seems like the only people that won't take the vaccine ultimately are the ones who are unafraid of changing careers if it came down to it or who have the willingness to do something that may be borderline-illegal to fight it. My father and I and many on this forum have that mindset, but to convince someone in the "real-world" to go through something like this - it's difficult to get them on the same page enough to try and fight it - I don't find that mental strength in people like I do with people on this forum.
Well said, but an additional nuance would be that for some it is not a lack of strength or bravery, but instead a cold calculating assessment of no available realistic options. My wife is completely the opposite of weak. She had a very tough childhood on the streets in Mexico City and her suffering made her super strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
She should discreetly find out what kind of exemptions may be offered. They often use the word mandatory but really there are ways around it. She could ask for weekly testing as an accommodation or exemption on the basis of religion, veganism or pregnancy.

OP
B

Blaze

She should discreetly find out what kind of exemptions may be offered. They often use the word mandatory but really there are ways around it. She could ask for weekly testing as an accommodation or exemption on the basis of religion, veganism or pregnancy.
Yes, very good advice from you and Blossom. My gratitude to you both for the well thought out comments. (Not sure I understand the veganism basis, though)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals