Rosiemax14

Hi
Just wondering which salt is best to use
I think Dr Peat recommended canning or pickling
Is this still the case?
Thanks ?

ursidae

This woman tests everything for Lead.

She tested Morton’s Canning and Pickling salt. It’s Not safe. I’m certain the negative effects people are getting form salt is due to how contaminated it is with heavy metals

1. Morton Table/Pickling Salt: <2,000 ppb

aniciete

She tested Morton’s Canning and Pickling salt. It’s Not safe. I’m certain the negative effects people are getting form salt is due to how contaminated it is with heavy metals

What about heavy metals? Microplastics?

ursidae

What about heavy metals? Microplastics?
Aluminum, mercury, cadmium, arsenic are a concern and micro plastics too if marine source. Himalayan is among the worst. Salt from saltwater lakes should eliminate the microplastics concern. I think one should choose 4-5 types of salt that have not tested very high in anything and cycle them to not get problems. I also try get some salt from naturally salt containing vegetables (tomato cucumber celery etc)

Dr. B

Aluminum, mercury, cadmium, arsenic are a concern and micro plastics too if marine source. Himalayan is among the worst. Salt from saltwater lakes should eliminate the microplastics concern. I think one should choose 4-5 types of salt that have not tested very high in anything and cycle them to not get problems. I also try get some salt from naturally salt containing vegetables (tomato cucumber celery etc)
whats contaminating the himalayan salt? isnt it superior to sea salt and conventional salt? it has some iron oxide giving the pink color

aniciete

More people should see this. I don’t know what salt I’m going to buy instead of mortons, but heavy metals shouldn’t be overlooked.

P

Peatness

Is it time to accept that everything is contaminated and just hope for the best?

P

Peatness

Everything will be contaminated to an extent. But you can’t expect anything good to happen consuming a lead supplement
Yes that does seem like a lot of lead. I guess the solution is to find the least harmful one

Yonebayashian

Hi
Just wondering which salt is best to use
I think Dr Peat recommended canning or pickling
Is this still the case?
Thanks ?
Redmond's Real Salt. They post their third party purity testing and it's only 50 dollars for ten pounds.

Great that she tested all these but it sucks that almost all of the pure ones are ridiculously expensive.

I've started dosing a few tablespoons of salt a day and I wouldn't be able to afford doing that with anything from the top third of her list.

Dr. B

Redmond's Real Salt. They post their third party purity testing and it's only 50 dollars for ten pounds.

Great that she tested all these but it sucks that almost all of the pure ones are ridiculously expensive.

I've started dosing a few tablespoons of salt a day and I wouldn't be able to afford doing that with anything from the top third of her list.
@aniciete mate isnt himalayan the best. That redmond real salt has an article admitting its the best and on par with their salt. Their salt is actually pink isnt it? Looks similar to the himalayan salt its just from Some place in the US

Gânico

White salts from deserts or virgin lakes without additives, sea is too polluted

Vileplume

It looks like she tested Morton’s regular table salt, which is different than their canning and pickling salt. The table salt also has calcium silicate.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I read that recently and fortunately I’d already been using Jacobsen salt which was in the top 3.

Ulysses

If you read "F*ck Portion Control" by Nate Hatch (former poster on this forum) you'll find a simple and easy recipe in there for making sodium acetate at home. It's a great way to raise your sodium levels without getting to much chloride, which can be a problem for some people

For cooking I use Redmond's, which as someone else has said, is an excellent salt

Dr. B

White salts from deserts or virgin lakes without additives, sea is too polluted
Why not pink salt?
I think the concerns of it are overstated, all those trace minerals in that are probably found in your body and in everything. Its just that nobody goes around testing beef or juice or milk for all 99+ trace minerals, but those tests are done on the pink salt. The salts that seem purer likely have some unidentified components making them not as pure or high quality as the himalayan salt. The redmond real salt also seems like a good option, that is also a pink salt. But I doubt its as pure as himalayan

RealNeat

I would listen to Hal Huggins starting at 36:00 about Morton's Pickling Salt vs Sea Salt. I didn't find any reputable source to show that Morton's Pickling Salt has the contamination mentioned here. Also she says they didn't respond to her inquiry.

Mossy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals