Reverse T3

teds

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

back to thyroid then shall we?? ?

okay- so I’ve managed to take my TSH from: 1.98 (jan) to 0.12 (august)

I’ve been taking Tyromax, slowly increasing over this period. My temps were increasing initially but now they appear to have stalled.. and even gone backwards.

In this time I also had Reverse t3: 231 (Jan) to 311 (august)

so- I’ve read through a lot of Ray’s site looking for something about this without a lot of luck.
How can TSH be going down but temps not improving?

is Reverse T3 simply a dodgy liver? (I use aspirin and drink coffee).

I eat ‘pro-metabolic’ - fruit, LF milk, shellfish, oysters, liver etc

can anyone point me towards something I can adjust? I might try a different thyroid med or I might just add T3 but I’m not sure of the protocol here.. would I stop the tyromax and just use t3?

thanks in advance for your help.

Lollipop2

Following. Interesting topic for those new to the forum. Unfortunately, I am not knowledgeable enough to contribute.

Vileplume

Could it possibly be too much thyroid? I think I may be going through something similar, wherein adding more cynoplus seems to have caused my temps and pulse to go down

lampofred

how many calories are you eating? it might just be insufficient caloric intake to support your metabolic rate.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

back to thyroid then shall we?? ?

okay- so I’ve managed to take my TSH from: 1.98 (jan) to 0.12 (august)

I’ve been taking Tyromax, slowly increasing over this period. My temps were increasing initially but now they appear to have stalled.. and even gone backwards.

In this time I also had Reverse t3: 231 (Jan) to 311 (august)

so- I’ve read through a lot of Ray’s site looking for something about this without a lot of luck.
How can TSH be going down but temps not improving?

is Reverse T3 simply a dodgy liver? (I use aspirin and drink coffee).

I eat ‘pro-metabolic’ - fruit, LF milk, shellfish, oysters, liver etc

can anyone point me towards something I can adjust? I might try a different thyroid med or I might just add T3 but I’m not sure of the protocol here.. would I stop the tyromax and just use t3?

thanks in advance for your help.
Excess rT3 is due to stress hormones converting T4 into rT3 and also reduced uptake of T4 into a cell, which is highly energy demanding. Stress hormones that increase free fatty acids in the blood inhibit T4 uptake. How much aspirin do you take and how frequently?
People usually lower their rT3 by doing T3 monotherapy.

What is your cholesterol? I think that people that have this issue have low cholesterol. You might want to take pregnenolone.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
What is your cholesterol? I think that people that have this issue have low cholesterol. You might want to take pregnenolone.
Thank ms for response. My cholesterol has actually gone up a bit in the last year. At the upper end but jot concerning range.
I’ve considering pregnenalone.. as i, I e ordered it to give it a go.. 6 weeks later and still waiting ??‍♀️

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Excess rT3 is due to stress hormones converting T4 into rT3 and also reduced uptake of T4 into a cell, which is highly energy demanding. Stress hormones that increase free fatty acids in the blood inhibit T4 uptake. How much aspirin do you take and how frequently?
People usually lower their rT3 by doing T3 monotherapy.
Hey @Hans
Thanks for your response.
I take more aspirin around a fattty meal but generally 300-600mg per day. Sometimes more. My breathing sometimes gets iffy if I take it in the morning so I tend to stick to afternoon and evening. I’d love to give large doses a go but I’m concerned about the breathing etc.

So, mono therapy would mean I’d get rid of the NDT and just do t3 until temps came back up?

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
I
how many calories are you eating? it might just be insufficient caloric intake to support your metabolic rate
Heya- I think I’m eating enough. Maintain my weight at 2300. I so drop in and out: up/down if I’m not tracking but I do track a few days a week to make sure I’m not under eating.. or over eating ?
Following. Interesting topic for those new to the forum. Unfortunately, I am not knowledgeable enough to contribute.

lampofred

I

Heya- I think I’m eating enough. Maintain my weight at 2300. I so drop in and out: up/down if I’m not tracking but I do track a few days a week to make sure I’m not under eating.. or over eating ?
Hey- fat intake between 20/30% depending on where I am in my cycle. That’s about 50-60g per day

Maybe try raising carb intake relative to fat? Fat raises cortisol while lowering metabolism at the same time. Niacinamide can also help lower free fatty acids, along with aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals