Lowest rT3 (reverse T3) result I've ever gotten: 7.4 ng/dL

tastyfood

I have always had reverse T3 on the lowest end of the range, and this time it was below range: 7.4 ng/dL

For the last month and half I have experimented with a 2:1 T4 to T3 ratio, taking 100 mcg of T4 and between 40 to 50 mcg consistently almost every day (split in 4 to 5 doses depending on my schedule). I experimented with the lower ratio partly to be easier on my liver with less T4, knowing I had high prolactin.

I always understood that rT3 is driven by stress, and took my lower range results as a good thing.

Do you think the lower T4 to T3 ratio intake could have contributed to an even lower rT3 this time?

Do you support the idea of "the lower the better" for rT3? Is there such thing as too low rT3?

Thank you!

Rasaari

There doesn't seem to be any ill effect from too low rt3, but it may be a symptom of too low t4 or some drugs. Anyways the blood level range is based of a sick population.

Yes the 1:2 contributed to the lower rt3. I also like 1:2.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

There doesn't seem to be any ill effect from too low rt3, but it may be a symptom of too low t4 or some drugs. Anyways the blood level range is based of a sick population.

Yes the 1:2 contributed to the lower rt3. I also like 1:2.

Now that you mentioned, my total T4 was slightly below range this time with 4.3 ug/dL. It was usually in the lower end of the range. I imagine taking less T4 contributed to this.

It is my understanding that Free T4 should be low (it is in my case). I'm not sure if one wants Total T4 in the lower end of the range, or more in the middle.

Rasaari

Well the t4 seems to convert well which is good. What matters is thyroid action, aka pulse/temps and well being. Total t4 is bound to get low if supplementing with lower ratio. Youre just skipping a step.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals