Reducing body hair on males

mozartofbabylon

Forum Supporter
Curious if anyone has experienced any significant reduction in body hair after achieving optimal thyroid function/metabolism, specifically in places where abnormal growth is instigated by elevated estrogen levels such as the back, shoulders, triceps, or excessive abdominal growth.

My intuition tells me it may be possible to kill off non-androgenic hair follicles or even just turn terminal hairs into vellus hairs once body temps have reached optimal levels, but I have yet to see evidence of this happening via Peaty protocols.

Funnily enough, there’s plenty of anecdotes from transgenders who transitioned from male to female which testify to extreme reductions in body hair, which provides evidence to the fact that body hair is dictated by hormones and not just genetics. However, I’m curious if anyone has achieved body hair elimination without such drastic measures lol.

Clyde

I've always read hypothyroidism causes body hair loss and that trans still have to deal with face/body hair.

Hair​

☐ Thinning (or missing) eyebrows on the outer edge
☐ Coarse, dull, dry, and brittle hair that breaks easily
☐ Soft and fine hair with lots of shedding
☐ Thinning hair or balding patches
☐ Growing more slowly (or quickly)
☐ Dry, itchy scalp and dandruff
Less hair on your legs, arms, and other areas

Last edited:
OP
M

mozartofbabylon

Forum Supporter
I've always read hypothyroidism causes body hair loss and that trans still have to deal with face/body hair.

Hair​

☐ Thinning (or missing) eyebrows on the outer edge
☐ Coarse, dull, dry, and brittle hair that breaks easily
☐ Soft and fine hair with lots of shedding
☐ Thinnin hair or balding patches
☐ Growing more slowly (or quickly)
☐ Dry, itchy scalp and dandruff
Less hair on your legs, arms, and other areas
I believe hypothyroidism causes body hair loss in areas on which hair is a sign of optimal health i.e. legs, forearms, chest. Elevated estrogen can lead to increased hair growth on odd areas like the shoulders and back.

I’ve seen plenty of trans folk report massive sheddings of body hair in these places. I’m not sure if you can entirely kill off a hair follicle once gene expression has stimulated it, but at the very least I believe that these hairs are regressing back to vellus hairs and are invisible to the naked eye.

Clyde

I believe hypothyroidism causes body hair loss in areas on which hair is a sign of optimal health i.e. legs, forearms, chest. Elevated estrogen can lead to increased hair growth on odd areas like the shoulders and back.
The visual of a hairy guy with a hairy back and shoulders but a smooth chest, arms and legs made me lol. The worst look possible

Just a side note, even fat sumo wrestlers with moobs don't seem to have any body hair because they're Asian. Trans should consider transitioning to Asian.

I wonder how aromatase inhibitors like letrozole change body hair. Maybe there are some reports to test your theory.

You make a good point about the trans. It probably takes years to get the final result and they're not gonna wait.

Last edited:

Clyde

Low androgens with high estrogen? Definitely not a good look for a man or woman.
Gorilla-1.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals