Reccomandations Anxiety

Razvan

So as some of you know from the other thread,i had high bp only at night and i couldnt sleep because of it so i decided to go to a very known and good cardiologist here and take blood test( which will come out friday). My cardiologist said i have a very healthy heart and said my high night high blood pressure is due to anxiety from drug withdrawal used at partys(which i stopped since a month).he said i dont need to take nothing ,he also said that is normal to have higher bp when having anxiety. He also said that If a cat is in front of a pitbull,from fear and protection will have 220/120 bp altought cats are smaller than humans. So what do you guys think? What is good for anxiety?
PS. Cypro kills my anxiety but gives me insomnia and makes more alert and focused at night lol

Beastmode

I always start with the bookends of the day.

1) Get early sunlight light with your eyes without a window, glasses/contacts, etc in between. 10-15 min can make a huge difference.
2) Cut out artificial light for an hour or more before bed. Tough to do, but using the red glasses that block the crap light can be very calming at night. TrueDark and RaOptics are the 2 brands that are most credible.

Some calcium or cassein based drink or snack at night and salt can be quite calming before bed.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

I always start with the bookends of the day.

1) Get early sunlight light with your eyes without a window, glasses/contacts, etc in between. 10-15 min can make a huge difference.
2) Cut out artificial light for an hour or more before bed. Tough to do, but using the red glasses that block the crap light can be very calming at night. TrueDark and RaOptics are the 2 brands that are most credible.

Some calcium or cassein based drink or snack at night and salt can be quite calming before bed.
What do You think of low dose melatonin ? Ray peat says good and things about it,and here some people Say is good and some that is bad.

Maljam

Sunlight, red light, vitamin D, magnesium, choline (egg yolks), exercise, adequate sleep, having a hobby, stable blood sugar (balanced macros), having a life goal or purpose, having fun, stop eating irritating foods (wheat most common problem.)

Last edited:

Beastmode

What do You think of low dose melatonin ? Ray peat says good and things about it,and here some people Say is good and some that is bad.

Unless you've explored many other options, I wouldn't touch anything that can mess with my brain. He says more bad than good things about melatonin.

What I shared isn't the only thing to consider, but 2 of the easiest things you can do since they're at the beginning and end of the day. No matter what goes on in between those points of the day, you can always "master" those.

Based Kantian

Cypro kills my anxiety but gives me insomnia and makes more alert and focused at night lol
I wonder why this could be. I started using cyproheptadine to fix my insomnia, which it did, and was pleasantly surprised that my anxiety disappeared as well... Out of curiosity, do other antihistamines like benadryl also give you insomnia?

Based Kantian

Many health food stores are now selling melatonin, to induce sleepa "prevent cancer." They have taken some infonnation out of context, and don't realize how dangerous melatoninis. It makes the brain sluggish, causes the sex organs to shrink, and damages immunity by shrinking the thymus gland. It suppresses thyroid and progesterone, and
increases estrogen. It is the hormone of darkness and winter, and is produced in the pineal gland by any stress which increases adrenalin. Adequate sunlight suppresses the formation of melatonin.
From PMS to Menopause
Although melatonin sometimes antagonizes serotonin in a protective way, in itself it can lower body temperature and alertness, suppress- ing thyroid and progesterone. (Sirotkin, 1997) Women who are depressed have been found to have higher daytime melatonin levels. (Danilenko, et aI., 1994) While the popular books have given the impression that there is no question about the protective nature of melatonin, it turns out that in only five out of 36 strains of inbred mice can melatonin be demonstrated in the pineal glands. The famous cancer prone strain, in which mammary cancer kills practically all the females, is one of these. When they are given melatonin the development of tumors is accelerated. When their pineal gland is removed, their life span is extended.
Postpartum, premenstrual, ands seasonalserotonin soaks: Hints about aging, insomnia and diabetes (newsletter of November 2001)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals