Ray Peat On Psychedelics

managing

I'll just drop some Kenneth Burke here. I think it speaks to your collective conversation.

Imagine that you enter a parlor. You come late. When you arrive, others have long preceded you, and they are engaged in a heated discussion, a discussion too heated for them to pause and tell you exactly what it is about. In fact, the discussion had already begun long before any of them got there, so that no one present is qualified to retrace for you all the steps that had gone before. You listen for a while, until you decide that you have caught the tenor of the argument; then you put in your oar. Someone answers; you answer him; another comes to your defense; another aligns himself against you, to either the embarrassment or gratification of your opponent. However, the discussion is interminable. The hour grows late, you must depart. And you do depart, with the discussion still vigorously in progress.

--Kenneth Burke, Philosophy of Literary Form, 110-111

lampofred

Not having an ego doesn't mean not showing any emotions, never getting angry, etc. In fact submissiveness is a sign that you do have an ego and are forcibly trying to suppress it. Ego = estrogen.

Kids don't have egos. They don't ruminate, obsess, etc. I think that's what it means to not have an ego.

I don't think feeling like you have an insight that others don't have is real egoism. On the other hand, if you feel like you are the only one who can provide an insight but don't provide it, then it means you care more about how you are perceived by others than about contributing to the world, and that IMO is real egoism.

Unfortunately, going by my own understanding of egoism, I am egotistical as hell... I pretty frequently hesitate to speak up even when I think I have a good idea.

morgan#1

Not having an ego doesn't mean not showing any emotions, never getting angry, etc. In fact submissiveness is a sign that you do have an ego and are forcibly trying to suppress it. Ego = estrogen.

Kids don't have egos. They don't ruminate, obsess, etc. I think that's what it means to not have an ego.
The first thought I don’t see any logic involved.
“Kids don’t have egos”, they don’t have fully formed egos, because their minds have only been around for a short time. I think we all have a choice to have an ego or not. It’s up to you. You sound pretty convinced. I don’t have the energy to convince or not convince anyone. Take it or leave it.

managing

I don't think feeling like you have an insight that others don't have is real egoism. On the other hand, if you feel like you are the only one who can provide an insight but don't provide it, then it means you care more about how you are perceived by others than about contributing to the world, and that IMO is real egoism.

Unfortunately, going by my own understanding of egoism, I am egotistical as hell... I pretty frequently hesitate to speak up even when I think I have a good idea.
Preach, @lampofred

lampofred

The first thought I don’t see any logic involved.
“Kids don’t have egos”, they don’t have fully formed egos, because their minds have only been around for a short time. I think we all have a choice to have an ego or not. It’s up to you. You sound pretty convinced. I don’t have the energy to convince or not convince anyone. Take it or leave it.

I agree that they don't have egos because their minds haven't fully developed yet and that just lobotomizing ourselves isn't the solution to overcoming egoism. But IMO not having an ego is not the same thing as not retaliating or not speaking up when you think you should. I think it means doing what you think is right even at personal cost. Many New Age circles preach a "learned helplessness" type passivity instead.

morgan#1

But IMO not having an ego is not the same thing as not retaliating or not speaking up when you think you should. I think it means doing what you think is right even at personal cost.
In my opinion as well! Perfect debate

Dino D

Collective ego

What is wrong with ego

What is ego

Dont do mentalmastrubation on topics that are answered long time ago in 1000 books and videos, however if youre trully interested you can watch the videos i linked and the whole channel and dig deep into the truth ;)

Also a lot on psychodelics on this chanel, a lot of... dmt, 5 meo dmt, mushrooms, and on the forum actualized.org/forum/ is a lot more, good luck

Dino D

Good luck w those videos, man
Not my thing
You could just try aya, dmt or high dose shrooms :)
One day i hope i will, just to have that trip and experience... we only live once and the fact that on this planet exist plants that can give you that, that fact on its own is very interesting, that such incredibile ,,beyond everything" expwriences are even possible... why not :) of course, preparation, enviroment, taking it slow, having a good ,,sitter" ...
But a bad trip could give you ptsp or death if it really goes superwrong...
However this chanell and forum is exactly the same in the spiritual world as raypeatforum in the nutritional world... so TOP, one of the best...

morgan#1

You could just try aya, dmt or high dose shrooms :)
One day i hope i will, just to have that trip and experience...
Did all the drugs and I do hope you will have that experience. My trip is to get it in my brain without drugs! That’ll be quite a task

Dino D

Did all the drugs and I do hope you will have that experience. My trip is to get it in my brain without drugs! That’ll be quite a task
Why do you want to do that? Who wants to do that? Your ego, some part of your personality (still ego) youre not it... who are you trully? Who am I? What is the absolute truth hmm... yoi should have had glimpses of the Truth, of pure awareness, but now youre back, your ego is trying to solve it self (your brain/mimd/ego) catching its taile, an infinite struglle that cant be solved, its a need that can only be overcomed, not solved or finished like a task...

redsun

It seems like your a nice earnest guy, Dino. But lmfao

You talk a lot of gibberish, in the end you're just after a high:

You're a doofus and a druggie after the eternal high that doesn't exist. Only drug addicts who damaged their brain can be this delusional.

morgan#1

You talk a lot of gibberish, in the end you're just after a high:

You're a doofus and a druggie after the eternal high that doesn't exist. Only drug addicts who damaged their brain can be this delusional.
I don’t know exactly what that means. I think a lot of people talk a bunch of gibberish, and I’m not a drug addict. I want that peaceful knowing high that comes infrequently now. I’m being reprimanded for trying to handle this life without drugs? I think drugs are a way to show you a way out of your mind. And I hope I can unlock that key on my own, without drugs. I’m getting s hit all over the place. I’m in a great mood, strange that this is happening to me now.

Dino D

Dont fight, thats a strange topic, trips go to crazy and its hard to coprehand that... we cant explain everything, or always know what is, and ,,what is not,, or whats right or wrong... most of my research tells me that drugs on its own cant solve anything, or very rarely... but its a tool, a powerful tool, and it can work in the right context (prepared human that works on its brain in many ways-meditation, reading, mindfullness, even religion, diet and so on)...
I dont like the part of me that hangs around here, or that wants to change something in my brain, get spiritual... when will i stop, when will it be enough, when will i sort my diet and go away from the net, from drugs, books and just live... so thats my advice in the first place, quit the search, just be and do whatever lmfao or not ;)
Now the last post morgan,,,
Can you get out of your legs, arms, body? Why do you think you will ever get out of your mind? Even if you ,,change your mind big time" it will still be there and you will have to live with it, in it or whatever...
I dont think you can

morgan#1

Now the last post morgan,,,
Can you get out of your legs, arms, body? Why do you think you will ever get out of your mind? Even if you ,,change your mind big time" it will still be there and you will have to live with it, in it or whatever...
I dont think you can
I’m not ready,willing, or able to get out of my mind. Silly:kiss:
There is a way to see the mind for what it is and get beyond it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals