Ray Peat On Psychedelics

lampofred

The eternal "high" does exist though, that's the point of a good metabolism. Most people are just living in a chronic "low" because of estrogen/serotonin/cortisol toxicity.

& not a fan of all drugs but some drugs are great and enrich the human experience imo.

& "drugs" is an icky word, even vitamins can be considered to be "drugs".

redsun

I’m getting s hit all over the place. I’m in a great mood, strange that this is happening to me now.

Why would your mood affect other people over the internet? Smells like law of attraction and solipsism bull**** to me.

I want that peaceful knowing high that comes infrequently now.

The idea that you can go beyond the mind is an illusion, you are your mind. Tripping on drugs can potentiate this illusion. If you want that "peaceful knowing high" you need to realize you are your mind and body. You can never seperate from it, because you are your mind like you are your body. If you want peace, make peace with the true reality that you are an animal, a human animal. Just like your body is affected by your health and lifestyle choices, so is your "mind", which itself isn't a real thing, just a concept human animals created in an attempt to understand the brain and nervous system.

Dino D

I’m not ready,willing, or able to get out of my mind. Silly:kiss:
There is a way to see the mind for what it is and get beyond it.
Then diet and health and feeling good or bad would not matter, ah

That obsesion is a mind thing, driven from the efos standarda to feel good, bee good, look good, achive things... what not

And being a paradox, getting free of that need would lead exactlY to that kind of freedom, relaxation, mindfullnes, and diet that is right

The search (spiritual, health, nutrition) has made me.preatty obssesed, overthinking, light adhd... i try to get rid even from the searc it self haha, first i need to break my phone but i try not to care no matter what i do or think now or later... so : -to be continued- :)

morgan#1

Why would your mood affect other people over the internet? Smells like law of attraction and solipsism bull**** to me.

The idea that you can go beyond the mind is an illusion, you are your mind. Tripping on drugs can potentiate this illusion. If you want that "peaceful knowing high" you need to realize you are your mind and body. You can never seperate from it, because you are your mind like you are your body. If you want peace, make peace with the true reality that you are an animal, a human animal. Just like your body is affected by your health and lifestyle choices, so is your "mind", which itself isn't a real thing, just a concept human animals created in an attempt to understand the brain and nervous system.

I just wonder why when I’m in a great mood, doesn’t happen often, people are harsh. I’m just sharing with you. I’m not a bullshitter at all.

And with the second idea, who says? Your limitations are there, don’t you see it?
What if you questioned what you just said, and you didn’t believe what you said? What would happen then?

Dino D

Hmm, when you dream, there is a world, gravity other people, are you the dreames character? Or the whole dream? Or the awarenes and counsciousness of a dream?

Imagine an IA pc game, a game character, so the character in the game belives he is a human? Or os he just a part of the game, there is in fact no game character, just the whole game...

Maybe we are not what we appear to be... when we go into matter, there is no real matter, just smaller and smaller particles, then we ger to quantum stuff to notingness amd what not...

Your theisis is maimstrim, we cant disprove it with logic or prove... just have an open mind, maybeeee maybe, and you call them drugs, can maybe show you all of this and you can experience it first hand... deep meditation can also, so until you know it or did it you cant trully understand it... with all respect, i cant also, i didnt know it, i had two glimpses but i hav an radically open mind and im open to the ide that we humans are super stupid and that we dont know trully what we are, what the universe is and how all of this works in the deepest level...

lampofred

I just wonder why when I’m in a great mood, doesn’t happen often, people are harsh. I’m just sharing with you. I’m not a bullshitter at all.

And with the second idea, who says? Your limitations are there, don’t you see it?
What if you questioned what you just said, and you didn’t believe what you said? What would happen then?

Quoted wrong person...

But yeah redsun was pretty harsh out of nowhere.

morgan#1

Yeah, you take the good with the bad. That’s life I’ve learned.

In my heart I do think there is a way to go beyond our minds. My mind tells me that’s impossible, but I think that’s the job of the mind. It doesn’t know of anything larger. It is basically a machine. But in my heart I know there’s more, than this base existence debating with people on the forum.

redsun

The idea that you are your mind and body? You don't agree with that? Ok so what is your mind then? Is it a demon, another spiritual entity that is in your animal consciousness? If you think the mind is holding you and all of humanity back, all you are doing is saying you are holding yourself back. The mind and body is not seperate nor are you seperate from them. This isn't an idea, it is the truth. If you do not acknowledge this simple truth you are literally deceiving yourself thinking otherwise.

I also was a big spiritual mumbo jumbo guy most of my young life, never got me anywhere or anything. I was obsessed with lucid dreaming and still do this day am quite good at it, astral projection, mind-alteration, and other nonsense that has no basis in reality, until I got healthy and snapped out of it. I believe a sick body conjures about illusions for us because being unhealthy literally damages the brain.

You'll have to be more specific about limitations. I don't have wings and I can't fly, that's a limitation. So? If you are talking about limitations of the mind, this is why nootropics is a thing. Our ancient ancestors had perfect memory, were much more intelligent and wise then us humans today. That's because our diets are now inadequate, and we grew up on inadequate diets that permanently affect brain development, function, and capability and who knows what else.

Yeah, you take the good with the bad. That’s life I’ve learned.

In my heart I do think there is a way to go beyond our minds. My mind tells me that’s impossible, but I think that’s the job of the mind. It doesn’t know of anything larger. It is basically a machine. But in my heart I know there’s more, than this base existence debating with people on the forum.

Only in the modern luxury days do these spiritual ideas of "something more" plague the average poor soul into a spiraling disappointment of expectation. You would never think about these things in the wilderness if you had to survive with a group of people. The most spiritual experience you could possibly have is being in the wilderness, alone in nature, where its just you and a beautiful landscape. We crave something more because we are stuck in concrete jungles, detached from nature.

Well I think that's pretty sad that you do not enjoy this existence on earth. There's so much to do, so many things to see. So many people to meet and enjoy, love to experience, nature waiting for you to witness it.

redsun

Hmm, when you dream, there is a world, gravity other people, are you the dreames character? Or the whole dream? Or the awarenes and counsciousness of a dream?

Imagine an IA pc game, a game character, so the character in the game belives he is a human? Or os he just a part of the game, there is in fact no game character, just the whole game...

Maybe we are not what we appear to be... when we go into matter, there is no real matter, just smaller and smaller particles, then we ger to quantum stuff to notingness amd what not...

Your theisis is maimstrim, we cant disprove it with logic or prove... just have an open mind, maybeeee maybe, and you call them drugs, can maybe show you all of this and you can experience it first hand... deep meditation can also, so until you know it or did it you cant trully understand it... with all respect, i cant also, i didnt know it, i had two glimpses but i hav an radically open mind and im open to the ide that we humans are super stupid and that we dont know trully what we are, what the universe is and how all of this works in the deepest level...

The human brain can create a dreamscape because of your real life experiences. That's how it works, nothing arcane about it.

Its a nice idea that there is more out there, but that's all it is. It's not real, the only real thing is right here right now and the vast majority of the human population is stuck in the what if's and manmade concepts that don't exist instead of enjoying the world which is already here.

morgan#1

Well I think that's pretty sad that you do not enjoy this existence on earth. There's so much to do, so many things to see. So many people to meet and enjoy, love to experience, nature waiting for you to witness it.
Nature does not wait for me to witness it. And I think it’s unfortunate there are existences like yours.

redsun

Nature does not wait for me to witness it. And I think it’s unfortunate there are existences like yours.
That's a metaphor, which clearly flew over your head.

I totally agree, I think it's quite tragic there are humans such as myself that can bask in the goodness of reality and enjoy all that this existence has to offer and not be obsessed with armchair theories and spirituality. We need more people chasing fairy-tale and make-believe. I will repent of my wicked ways. Excuse me while I book an appointment with my local new age hippy guru sage master so I can start awakening my chakras tomorrow. Namaste

lampofred

I think the mind becomes "demonic" and misaligned with Spirit if phosphate is consistently higher than calcium in the diet because phosphate is associated with cortisol and means that you are expending more energy than you are being given by Spirit. PUFA, starch, salt, seasoning, iron, meat (as opposed to fruits, milk, gelatin, and vitamin D) all increase phosphate but were necessary for humanity's mental development to progress this far.

Dino D

I think the mind becomes "demonic" and misaligned with Spirit if phosphate is consistently higher than calcium in the diet because phosphate is associated with cortisol and means that you are expending more energy than you are being given by Spirit. PUFA, starch, salt, seasoning, iron, meat (as opposed to fruits, milk, gelatin, and vitamin D) all increase phosphate but were necessary for humanity's mental development to progress this far.
Salt?

morgan#1

I wrote my first email to Dr. Ray Peat, after my mayhem on the forum. I was confused as to how a few in society (Ray Peat forum) saw things. And I wanted to get his take. I wasn’t sure how this would go, but it went like this:

I wrote: [this is after my introduction about 1/2 way through the email] “What is interesting to me is that you were introduced to me, and then a year later I started listening to Krishnamurti, especially Bohm’s dialogues with Krishnamurti. (So my eyes were opened 3 times.) I think they’re very valuable. I was wondering where you stood on all of that? If that’s overstepping, I don’t know....I have had glimpses me viewing the world without going through my mind first. I wanted to know is this a reality or is it a hopeful fantasy?....Is it possible, in your experience, to have a spiritual feeling (no religion, I don’t buy into any of that) without drugs. And do you think it is possible to go beyond the mind and it’s yoke?”

And he replied:

“Both Krishnamurti and David Bohm have been important for me. I think the real nature of being involves seeing the world without going through the mind. William Blake and Aldous Huxley are others who have talked about it—the “mind” as a “reducing valve” that lets in only a little reality at a time. I think the ideas of science, such as the physics that Bohm was opposed to, are a myth that causes people to look for knowledge in the wrong places.”

[then he added a quote from Bohm]

David Bohm: A change of meaning is a change of being.The being of matter is its meaning; the being of ourselves is meaning; the being of society is its meaning. The mechanistic view has created a rather crude and gross meaning which has created a crude and gross and confused society.

He does feel it is possible to see the world without going through the mind.

Korven

The human brain can create a dreamscape because of your real life experiences. That's how it works, nothing arcane about it.

Its a nice idea that there is more out there, but that's all it is. It's not real, the only real thing is right here right now and the vast majority of the human population is stuck in the what if's and manmade concepts that don't exist instead of enjoying the world which is already here.

I think this pretty neatly sums up the essence of healthy spiritual practice.

It's not about "breaking free of the mind", or seeking some otherworldly truth, mentally masturbating, or trying to get rid of bad low vibrations and replacing them with "high vibration frequencies". Of course if this is what you want to do go ahead and do so, but this will prevent you from actually being present and enjoying the here and now (which is all that life consists off).

Just by using your common sense, listening, looking and feeling, you can start realising how fulfilling the present moment is and delve ever deeper into it. Such as when you see something very beautiful or look into someone's eyes.

managing

I wrote my first email to Dr. Ray Peat, after my mayhem on the forum. I was confused as to how a few in society (Ray Peat forum) saw things. And I wanted to get his take. I wasn’t sure how this would go, but it went like this:

I wrote: [this is after my introduction about 1/2 way through the email] “What is interesting to me is that you were introduced to me, and then a year later I started listening to Krishnamurti, especially Bohm’s dialogues with Krishnamurti. (So my eyes were opened 3 times.) I think they’re very valuable. I was wondering where you stood on all of that? If that’s overstepping, I don’t know....I have had glimpses me viewing the world without going through my mind first. I wanted to know is this a reality or is it a hopeful fantasy?....Is it possible, in your experience, to have a spiritual feeling (no religion, I don’t buy into any of that) without drugs. And do you think it is possible to go beyond the mind and it’s yoke?”

And he replied:

“Both Krishnamurti and David Bohm have been important for me. I think the real nature of being involves seeing the world without going through the mind. William Blake and Aldous Huxley are others who have talked about it—the “mind” as a “reducing valve” that lets in only a little reality at a time. I think the ideas of science, such as the physics that Bohm was opposed to, are a myth that causes people to look for knowledge in the wrong places.”

[then he added a quote from Bohm]

David Bohm: A change of meaning is a change of being.The being of matter is its meaning; the being of ourselves is meaning; the being of society is its meaning. The mechanistic view has created a rather crude and gross meaning which has created a crude and gross and confused society.

He does feel it is possible to see the world without going through the mind.
Ah, now, if we really want to resolve Hegel's dialectics, David Bohm is the place to go. Much more satisfying than Derrida IMHO.

Whereas Hegel wanted dialectical tensions to resolve into a singularity called Truth, Bohm says no way man. Its not either-or, its both-and. David Bohm was awesome.

"The point about dialectic is the ultimate identity of the universal and the individual. The individual is universal and the universal is the individual. The word "individual" means undivided, so we could say that very few individuals have ever existed. We could call them dividuals. Individuality is only possible if it unfolds from wholeness. ... Ego-centeredness is not individuality at all."
  • Dialogue with Renée Weber, first published in the journal Re-vision (1983); later published in Dialogues with Scientists and Sages : The Search for Unity (1986) by Renée Weber, p. 30
I had no idea Dr P was into Bohm, but it doesn't surprise me.

Oh, and @redsun , quit harshing other people's mellow

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals