Ray Peat On Donald Trump

Not only are some Trump voters LGBTphobic, antisemitist, sexist, and racist, but they are also ageist. They said Clinton was too old to run for office even though she's healthier than Trump, who is taking several medications to treat his diseases. Hillary Clinton is tragically one of the best examples of the objectification of women. She was the best and most experienced presidential candidates, but she wasn't sexy enough to win the election.
Hillary Clinton Isn’t Sick. You Are.
giphy-2.gif

zztr

Why would china allow uber to go there and ruin their taxi business?

China can do whatever they want. But they should face tit-for-tat repercussions in terms of access to the American market when they pull dirty tricks. They used the Chinese courts to force Uber to sell out to the domestic competitor Didi at a ridiculous discount. That was my whole point: they screw our businesses and industries, we lay out the red carpet in return. People need to wake up that this is what is happening with most of our trade partners, not "free trade." The specific case of taxis and uber isn't the point, it's that this stuff happens all the time.

China can do whatever they want. But they should face tit-for-tat repercussions in terms of access to the American market when they pull dirty tricks. They used the Chinese courts to force Uber to sell out to the domestic competitor Didi at a ridiculous discount. That was my whole point: they screw our businesses and industries, we lay out the red carpet in return. People need to wake up that this is what is happening with most of our trade partners, not "free trade." The specific case of taxis and uber isn't the point, it's that this stuff happens all the time.

In my opinion this seems like the wrong thing to be mad about. The reason america is in the chronic recession state it's in is because the wealth is being sucked upwards, not by china but by the money men. Also how would Americans profit from a corporations being allowed to operate oversees, they would be making money getting chinese to drive chinese around. Only they benefit.

x-ray peat

In my opinion this seems like the wrong thing to be mad about. The reason america is in the chronic recession state it's in is because the wealth is being sucked upwards, not by china but by the money men. Also how would Americans profit from a corporations being allowed to operate oversees, they would be making money getting chinese to drive chinese around. Only they benefit.
Its just one example of how we are getting screwed in the marketplace. Chinese firms can operate freely here but US firms are handicapped at every step.

Americans profit from operating overseas in several ways. Using Uber as an example, 1) there would be more jobs for Americans back at HQ to run operations, improve software, make deals etc. 2) More profit means higher stock prices which means more money to US investors including people's pension funds and 401k, and 3) Uber would pay more taxes on overseas earnings as well as additional US payroll taxes plus increased income taxes by workers to help fund the Government. There are many more.

Sheik

Not only are some Trump voters LGBTphobic, antisemitist, sexist, and racist, but they are also ageist. They said Clinton was too old to run for office even though she's healthier than Trump, who is taking several medications to treat his diseases. Hillary Clinton is tragically one of the best examples of the objectification of women. She was the best and most experienced presidential candidates, but she wasn't sexy enough to win the election.
Hillary Clinton Isn’t Sick. You Are.
Um, hello. Donald Trump is the sexiest candidate to ever run for the office of president. Shillary can't touch him.

Its just one example of how we are getting screwed in the marketplace. Chinese firms can operate freely here but US firms are handicapped at every step.

Americans profit from operating overseas in several ways. Using Uber as an example, 1) there would be more jobs for Americans back at HQ to run operations, improve software, make deals etc. 2) More profit means higher stock prices which means more money to US investors including people's pension funds and 401k, and 3) Uber would pay more taxes on overseas earnings as well as additional US payroll taxes plus increased income taxes by workers to help fund the Government. There are many more.

China is doing what in Chinas best interest. They should not be allowing the US to import their corporations so that said corporation can bring the profits back to the US.

Where did this China paranoia come from? Americans are doing badly because most of the wealth in the country is hoarded by the elites. China could stop existing tomorrow and this wouldn't change.

x-ray peat

China is doing what in Chinas best interest. They should not be allowing the US to import their corporations so that said corporation can bring the profits back to the US.

Where did this China paranoia come from? Americans are doing badly because most of the wealth in the country is hoarded by the elites. China could stop existing tomorrow and this wouldn't change.
It's not paranoia being informed.Where dd the China naivete come from?
"The PRC has restrictive trade practices in mainland China, which include a wide array of barriers to foreign goods and services, often aimed at protecting state-owned enterprises. These practices include high tariffs, lack of transparency, requiring firms to obtain special permission to import goods, inconsistent application of laws and regulations, and leveraging technology from foreign firms in return for market access. Mainland China's accession to the World Trade Organization is meant to help address these barriers." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China–United_States_relations

The Chinese can do what they want but we are being suckers to continue to give them relatively free access to our markets when the actively restrict their markets and manipulate their currency to lower their export prices. Addressing the huge trade imbalance with China wouldn't solve everything but is a big part of the solution to restoring the middle class. The cumulative trade deficit with China is over $10 trillion dollars since 1980. Not a small problem.

It seems like you think that wealth redistribution would solve all our problems due to those nasty "elite hoarders." Confiscating all the wealth of the top 1% wouldn't come close to covering the National Debt and is certainly not a sustainable economic policy.

Last edited:

jaguar43

It's not paranoia being informed.Where dd the China naivete come from?
"The PRC has restrictive trade practices in mainland China, which include a wide array of barriers to foreign goods and services, often aimed at protecting state-owned enterprises. These practices include high tariffs, lack of transparency, requiring firms to obtain special permission to import goods, inconsistent application of laws and regulations, and leveraging technology from foreign firms in return for market access. Mainland China's accession to the World Trade Organization is meant to help address these barriers." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China–United_States_relations

The Chinese can do what they want but we are being suckers to continue to give them relatively free access to our markets when the actively restrict their markets and manipulate their currency to lower their export prices. Addressing the huge trade imbalance with China wouldn't solve everything but is a big part of the solution to restoring the middle class. From your posts it looks like you mainly favor wealth redistribution from the elite hoarders. That's not really a solution to an anemic economic.

You didn't Read the original post. Peat said that globalization are essential for the ruling class. The idea that Americans are losing economically due to trade with China is misleading. The lower classes are losing, but the ruling class is benefiting from it. Corporations can have products cheaply produce in countries like China and sold in the U.S. But at the expense of the working class back home. To deny that there are opposite interest involved in different strata's of the class system is being biased. Just like Mr. Peat said that the culture has been created to remove the idea of classes.

x-ray peat

You didn't Read the original post. Peat said that globalization are essential for the ruling class. The idea that Americans are losing economically due to trade with China is misleading. The lower classes are losing, but the ruling class is benefiting from it. Corporations can have products cheaply produce in countries like China and sold in the U.S. But at the expense of the working class back home. To deny that there are opposite interest involved in different strata's of the class system is being biased. Just like Mr. Peat said that the culture has been created to remove the idea of classes.
Are you sure you read my post? I agree with everything you said and don't think I contradicted any of it in my posts. I think you may be confusing my argument that wealth confiscation is not the way to go with being supportive of the ruling class. Their wealth btw is safely stowed away in their foundations that they use as a never ending piggy bank.

john3333

Um, hello. Donald Trump is the sexiest candidate to ever run for the office of president. Shillary can't touch him.
This is not funny.

I'm going to stop talking about Hillary and Trump since the election is over. Black Lives Matters is what matters more right now. Racism has been going on for too long.
I've tried changing lots of people's opinions on Trump on this site and I seem to have failed. I'm not sure why. It might be a Democrat vs Republican problem. I can't ever see myself voting Republican. They are usually the type of people who are anti-abortion because of they're Christian. At the same time they are pro-death penalty, which is weird. They say they're pro-life but they allow grown people to get killed. I don't like the idea of killing another grown person. This is Bernie Sander's stance on the death penalty too. It must become illegal.
The people who are against Black Lives Matters are disgusting. Blue lives don't matter, honestly. They're the ones doing the racial profiling. They are one part of the big problem. I don't think it's okay for cops to get killed, but a lot of cops have killed innocent blacks time and time again. The number of few cops who have died will never equal the number of innocent black lives lost. Black Lives Matter has brought attention to a very big problem. They have my respect.

Don't believe Milo Yiannopoulos, Donald Trump, or other misogynist alt-right proponents.

john3333

Bernie Sanders was PERFECT but the only reason he didn't win was because Fox News(the same Fox News that supported George Bush) said he was a communist(which he isn't)

john3333

Most of you need to go to college to understand politics, honestly. Youtube videos of Milo Yiannopoulos or Mark Dice, an admitted Illuminati conspiracy theorist, don't make you an expert of what's going on.

Queequeg

If you honestly think that half the population who doesn't agree with you is either immoral or stupid you obviously can't be right. They are just as smart and moral as the other side. The problem is that each side is getting a different version of reality from the MSM. They can't even have a conversation about anything because they have very different versions of the truth. Neither side is correct and neither side is wrong but both are missing the other side of the story. Try watching Fox or listen to talk radio and see what the other side of the story is. I watch MSNBC all the time to understand what the other side is thinking and see what I'm missing.

Last edited:

Let Go

Bernie Sanders was PERFECT but the only reason he didn't win was because Fox News(the same Fox News that supported George Bush) said he was a communist(which he isn't)
Bernie didn't win because of Hillary and her cronies

john3333

If you honestly think that half the population who doesn't agree with you is either immoral or stupid you obviously can't be right. They are just as smart and moral as the other side. The problem is that each side is getting a different version of reality from the MSM and therefore can't even have a conversation about anything because they have very different versions of the truth. Neither side is correct and neither side is wrong. Try watching Fox or listen to talk radio and see what the other side of the story is. I watch MSNBC all the time to understand what the other side is thinking and see what I'm missing.
Half the population actually doesn't understand politics. I know history very well and I know that Democrats are a trustworthy party. They have consistently tried to help the people at the bottom 99%. I've said this many times before, but trickle down economics doesn't help the bottom 99%. Most high school textbooks don't say the truth about communism either.
If learning the truth doesn't work, I don't know what to say. Come to California or another smart state. Or even Hawaii. Hawaii loved Clinton.

We need to end the war on drugs that were started by a REPUBLICAN president.

Queequeg

Half the population actually doesn't understand politics. I know history very well and I know that Democrats are a trustworthy party. They have consistently tried to help the people at the bottom 99%. I've said this many times before, but trickle down economics doesn't help the bottom 99%. Most high school textbooks don't say the truth about communism either.
If learning the truth doesn't work, I don't know what to say. Come to California or another smart state. Or even Hawaii. Hawaii loved Clinton.

We need to end the war on drugs that were started by a REPUBLICAN president.
The only thing guaranteed to keep you from knowing the truth is thinking that you already know it. I can tell from your past posts that you are young and very liberal and there is nothing wrong with that but I have to tell you that you don't know history or politics as well as you think you do. Nobody does. Once you close your mind to any alternative world view you are no longer thinking for yourself but are an ideologue subject to the control of your political betters. At your age you should always be questioning what you think you know. Try reading the Gulag Archipelago and see if you still think communism is a wonderful idea.

I like this "ageist" term. I'll start using it. To refer to what baby boomers are doing to us.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals