Quinones + Tocopherol a No-No?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Based on comments on this site, it looks like anything capable of withdrawing electrons (quinones) should not be taken at the same time as vitamin E if the Vit E is over 200 IU daily and the quinone product is more than 5 mg of quinones.

If this is right, it means that any idealabs product with tocopherol over 200 IU per day (I think that is all of them with tocopherol), should not be taken with any idealabs product with more than 5 mg of quinones (which includes Lapodin and Kuinone).

Is this really what is intended?
If so, it means that we can't take a full or even half dose of Lapodin or Kuinone on any day when we take any idealabs product with tocopherol over 200 IU per day?

Is that right?

cremes

Based on comments on this site, it looks like anything capable of withdrawing electrons (quinones) should not be taken at the same time as vitamin E if the Vit E is over 200 IU daily and the quinone product is more than 5 mg of quinones.
I think you need to show your work on this one. I have seen many of the same comments in the forum about avoiding taking E and K2 together, however you go on to make quite a leap:
If so, it means that we can't take a full or even half dose of Lapodin or Kuinone on any day when we take any idealabs product with tocopherol over 200 IU per day.
The rule of thumb around here has always been to separate E and K2 consumption by about 4 hours to avoid any internal competition for transport mechanisms. You will also find that this competition _may be_ limited to intestinal absorption, so taking one topically while the other is taken orally could avoid the issue of competition.

You have a good question but you need to do some of the heavy lifting for the rest of us on the forum by pulling in your evidence from other forum threads. :)

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I think you need to show your work on this one. I have seen many of the same comments in the forum about avoiding taking E and K2 together, however you go on to make quite a leap:

The rule of thumb around here has always been to separate E and K2 consumption by about 4 hours to avoid any internal competition for transport mechanisms. You will also find that this competition _may be_ limited to intestinal absorption, so taking one topically while the other is taken orally could avoid the issue of competition.

You have a good question but you need to do some of the heavy lifting for the rest of us on the forum by pulling in your evidence from other forum threads. :)
This is one place:
Overall, I'm just trying to get confirmation that what was - implied - in that post, and in others there, (that anything more than 200 IU of E and 5 mg of quinones in one day is not recommended).
Meaning, one should not take almost any dose of lapodin or kuinone with any idealabs product containing more than 200 IU of E?
I would ask Haidut about this, but I don't want to bother him with another post if I can help it.

Last edited:

GTW

Alpha tocopherol without gamma tocopherol can be problematic. Alpha tocopherol at higher doses (200, 400, 800?) Can be pro oxidation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals