Purifying pregnenolone with isopropyl alcohol

:M :B.

Haidut mentioned how to purify pregnenolone here at about the 1hr 12min mark.

I messed up trying to do this and you don't have to. Here is what I did that didn't work out right:
Round 1: I heated 13 grams of Health Natura Pregnenolone in isopropyl alcohol in a beaker on a hot plate with magnetic stir bar. It got to about 115F and I shut if off and let settle, then poured off the alcohol. Quite a bit of the pregnenolone was retained. I poured the alcohol into a dirty jar I had laying around, thinking it was trash. Turns out a lot of pregnenolone was in this after I saw it crystalize later.

Round 2: I did this again and all of the pregnenolone dissolved into the alcohol. Not good. I am currently just letting the alcohol evaporate.

I think I went way overboard with heating too much and stirring too much. I think I would have been fine if I just warmed it and hand stirred it.

I went back and listened to Georgi and he said "heat it up a little bit and stir".

I have no idea if the molecular structure is now ruined because it all dissolved and now it will crystalize out of the alcohol. I have no concept of molecular structure and am a total amateur. If anyone has any comments please share. Success stories? please share. Thanks.

Jman

I've been thinking about trying this. How much Iso did you use? Perhaps you used too much and a smaller amount would suffice to dissolve the impurities, without dissolving too much preg.

The crystallised pregnenolone will not be altered, as far as I'm aware. I asked Ray if crystallized Preg would work orally like "micronised" --
"I’ve compared both kinds, and didn’t see any difference from micronized, as long as both were clean."

So just mortar and pestle or coffee grind it and it should be good.

Keep us posted if you notice a difference.

OP

I've been thinking about trying this. How much Iso did you use?
about 200ml
The crystallised pregnenolone will not be altered, as far as I'm aware. I asked Ray if crystallized Preg would work orally like "micronised" --
"I’ve compared both kinds, and didn’t see any difference from micronized, as long as both were clean."
Good to know! thanks.
Keep us posted if you notice a difference.
Will do.

Peatfan69

I got fed up with trying to dissolve preg on my own. You can buy some products that have preg dissolved in vitamin E but vitamin E gives me headaches.

I found this product though. Looks like topical preg without any vitamin E vehicle

OP

I got fed up with trying to dissolve preg on my own. You can buy some products that have preg dissolved in vitamin E but vitamin E gives me headaches.

I found this product though. Looks like topical preg without any vitamin E vehicle
I wasn't trying to dissolve pregnenolone, just trying to dissolve any impurities into the alcohol and pour that off then let the pregnenolone dry so that I would have a dry powder again, with some of the estrogenic impurities removed. Haidut talks about this in the video after the topical preg discussion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals