Pressure over the neck/thyroid

wayney

Hi,

I was experimenting with T3+T4 for about 2-3 years. But I did never feel any real benefits from it.
I tried as high dosage as 37,5 mcg T3 and 100 mcg T4 daily (followed all the protocols from Danny Roddy and Ray Peat).
I then slowly lowered the dose.

For about 3 months ago I started to feel a pressure over my neck (just where the thyroid is). I was then on only 3,125 mcg T3 and 6,25 mcg a day.
I have now totally quit with T3 and T4 for about a month. Still have the pressure over my neck/thyroid.

I first thought that the pressure over the neck was caused by stressed, but maybe it is caused by quitting T3 and T4?

I did some blood work when I was on 3,125 mcg T3 and 6,25 mcg a day, which I have attached.

Can also add that I was trying Erythromycin at the same time as this problem started.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-01-10 kl. 16.33.09.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-01-10 kl. 16.33.09.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Skärmavbild 2023-01-10 kl. 16.33.25.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-01-10 kl. 16.33.25.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

redsun

Hi,

I was experimenting with T3+T4 for about 2-3 years. But I did never feel any real benefits from it.
I tried as high dosage as 37,5 mcg T3 and 100 mcg T4 daily (followed all the protocols from Danny Roddy and Ray Peat).
I then slowly lowered the dose.

For about 3 months ago I started to feel a pressure over my neck (just where the thyroid is). I was then on only 3,125 mcg T3 and 6,25 mcg a day.
I have now totally quit with T3 and T4 for about a month. Still have the pressure over my neck/thyroid.

I first thought that the pressure over the neck was caused by stressed, but maybe it is caused by quitting T3 and T4?

I did some blood work when I was on 3,125 mcg T3 and 6,25 mcg a day, which I have attached.

Can also add that I was trying Erythromycin at the same time as this problem started.
Could be goiter. You may need iodine. What foods do you typically eat every day?

Vileplume

Have you been tracking body temp? Also, do you recall what your TSH was before taking thyroid?

OP
W

wayney

Could be goiter. You may need iodine. What foods do you typically eat every day?
Yeah was thinking of that myself, but I am not swollen or tender over the thyroid. Just feel a pressure where the thyroid is. Do not feeling it all the time, often comes with stress.

Earlier I ate very Peaty kind of diet. Right now I eat lots of tubers, eggs, juice, different kinds of meat, oat, rye bread, cheese, milk, berries, butter etc.
Haven't been eating oysters and liver for maybe a year now, maybe start with those.

Started with iodine today.

OP
W

wayney

Have you been tracking body temp? Also, do you recall what your TSH was before taking thyroid?
Yeah, no change on body temp. Even on 37,5 mcg T3 and 100 mcg T4 i didn't see much of a difference in body temp.

From blood work:

July 2020 (before taking T3 + T4)
TSH: 3.15 mE/L
T4: 12 pmol/L
T3: 4.5 pmol/L
Testosterone: 14 nmol/L

August 2021 (taking 37,5 mcg T3 and 100 mcg T4)
TSH: <0.010 mE/L
T4: 13 pmol/L
T3: 8.3 pmol/L
Testosterone: 19 nmol/L
Prolactin: 264 mIE/L

December 2022 (taking 3,125 mcg T3 and 6,25 mcg T4)
TSH: 2.7 mE/L
T4: 13 pmol/L
T3: 4.5 pmol/L
Testosterone: 12 nmol/L
Prolactin: 266 mIE/L

I'm going to do new blood work in a couple of weeks when I'm been off T3 + T4 for 2 months and see my values.

Last edited:

Vileplume

@wayney the rising TSH while on a steady dose of thyroid, which initially suppressed the TSH, is interesting. Especially since your prolactin increased and T decreased over that time.

Did you change your diet (or anything else) between Aug 21 and Dec 22?

OP
W

wayney

@wayney the rising TSH while on a steady dose of thyroid, which initially suppressed the TSH, is interesting. Especially since your prolactin increased and T decreased over that time.

Did you change your diet (or anything else) between Aug 21 and Dec 22?
I did write the wrong dosage for december 2022, see the right dose now.

So I think that the reaction was pretty normal.

With values like I have, would you guys keep taking thyroid?

Did not see any real benefits from it except on my blood work (no positive effect on body temp, pulse or wellbeing).
Morning pulse use to be around 50-60 and body temp around 36,3 degrees.

Vileplume

Did not see any real benefits from it except on my blood work (no positive effect on body temp, pulse or wellbeing).
Morning pulse use to be around 50-60 and body temp around 36,3 degrees.
I think since you're off it now, it could be a good chance to try other experiments to raise your temperature - like dietary changes or sunlight. Then, like you said, you can get a blood test in a month or so to see what it's like when you've been off thyroid.

If the TSH/prolactin are still elevated and you haven't increased temp, you can get back on thyroid again from a baseline. It might be worth trying a different brand of thyroid too. From your previous posts, I saw that you were taking Merck T4 and Tiromel. Any other options available? Some people have had success on Tyromax.

OP
W

wayney

I think since you're off it now, it could be a good chance to try other experiments to raise your temperature - like dietary changes or sunlight. Then, like you said, you can get a blood test in a month or so to see what it's like when you've been off thyroid.

If the TSH/prolactin are still elevated and you haven't increased temp, you can get back on thyroid again from a baseline. It might be worth trying a different brand of thyroid too. From your previous posts, I saw that you were taking Merck T4 and Tiromel. Any other options available? Some people have had success on Tyromax.
Yeah, that's sounds like a good idea. My sleep has been terrible for years, hoping to fix that with some new routines. That might improve my hormones as well.

Guess that 2.7 mE/L is too high? Should be under 2.0 mE/L at least?

Yeah, I took those earlier. Now I take Merck T4 and Deus Medical Cytomed T3. Felt as Tiromel was better than Deus Medical Cytomed.
Been trying all thyroid supplements from Idea Labs, they didn't work at all. Even on very high dosages it did't show anything on the blood work.

Thanks!

redsun

Yeah was thinking of that myself, but I am not swollen or tender over the thyroid. Just feel a pressure where the thyroid is. Do not feeling it all the time, often comes with stress.

Earlier I ate very Peaty kind of diet. Right now I eat lots of tubers, eggs, juice, different kinds of meat, oat, rye bread, cheese, milk, berries, butter etc.
Haven't been eating oysters and liver for maybe a year now, maybe start with those.

Started with iodine today.
Iodine can improve your temps and raise your pulse if it is low during the day and will improve thyroid numbers. Make sure you use physiological doses, meaning in the mcg range (150-200mcg) and not milligrams. Also if your waking temp was 36.3 that is well within normal range. However whats more important is how your temp and pulse during the day is. If you easily have 98.6 or higher throughout the day then you are not hypothyroid. Pulse can be affected by a lot of things but around 70-80 at rest is good.

OP
W

wayney

Iodine can improve your temps and raise your pulse if it is low during the day and will improve thyroid numbers. Make sure you use physiological doses, meaning in the mcg range (150-200mcg) and not milligrams. Also if your waking temp was 36.3 that is well within normal range. However whats more important is how your temp and pulse during the day is. If you easily have 98.6 or higher throughout the day then you are not hypothyroid. Pulse can be affected by a lot of things but around 70-80 at rest is good.
Okay, thanks!

Will take low dosage of iodine.

Right now when the clock is 18:15 and right after dinner my pulse was 65 and my body temp was 36.4 degrees. I am never over 37 degrees. I have bad circulation in the body and my hands are always very cold and like red/blue in color.

3 weeks ago I was able to get a sick leave for work, will have it for at least 4 more weeks.
I have large issues with stress, fatigue and bad sleep.

Really want to improve my health during this time. Might it be a good idea to get back to T3 +T4 during this period to give my body extra support?

redsun

Okay, thanks!

Will take low dosage of iodine.

Right now when the clock is 18:15 and right after dinner my pulse was 65 and my body temp was 36.4 degrees. I am never over 37 degrees. I have bad circulation in the body and my hands are always very cold and like red/blue in color.

3 weeks ago I was able to get a sick leave for work, will have it for at least 4 more weeks.
I have large issues with stress, fatigue and bad sleep.

Really want to improve my health during this time. Might it be a good idea to get back to T3 +T4 during this period to give my body extra support?
Sounds like you need to get an iron panel done to rule out low iron. Iron deficiency will impair thermoregulation, making you highly susceptible to feeling cold and lower T3 levels, keeping body temp down.

OP
W

wayney

Sounds like you need to get an iron panel done to rule out low iron. Iron deficiency will impair thermoregulation, making you highly susceptible to feeling cold and lower T3 levels, keeping body temp down.
Already checked, no issues there.

redsun

Already checked, no issues there.
Do you have your results?

If your hands are often blue, you may have cyanosis which can have its own causes and may be caused by a lung or heart issue.

The only other issues in your diet would be zinc and iodine. You say you eat meat, but if you don't eat red meat specifically that often it may be too low. And the issue of iodine we already went over. So if you do eat a lot of red meat then its probably not zinc but it could be an issue of iodine which we already discussed. You can test your plasma zinc levels to determine your zinc status.

youngsinatra

It could be a copper deficiency. You said you did not eat liver or oysters for a long time. Copper is really heavily depleted in the soil and consequently in produce.

I had the same problem with poor circulation and blue/white hands/feet and nails, but bioavailable copper fixed it.

OP
W

wayney

Do you have your results?

If your hands are often blue, you may have cyanosis which can have its own causes and may be caused by a lung or heart issue.

The only other issues in your diet would be zinc and iodine. You say you eat meat, but if you don't eat red meat specifically that often it may be too low. And the issue of iodine we already went over. So if you do eat a lot of red meat then its probably not zinc but it could be an issue of iodine which we already discussed. You can test your plasma zinc levels to determine your zinc status.
Iron: 25 μmol/L (ref 9-34).
Ferritin: 256 ug/L (ref 30-400).

I do not think I have cyanosis (they are not that blue), they just look and feel cold.
I eat red meat so I do not have issues with zink either.

OP
W

wayney

It could be a copper deficiency. You said you did not eat liver or oysters for a long time. Copper is really heavily depleted in the soil and consequently in produce.

I had the same problem with poor circulation and blue/white hands/feet and nails, but bioavailable copper fixed it.
Okay, earlier I ate liver and fresh oysters once a week but I had the same issues then also. Did that at the same time I was on high dose of T3 and T4, but still no improvement in the cold hands etc.

OP
W

wayney

What do you guys think of using this instead of eating fresh oysters?

redsun

Iron: 25 μmol/L (ref 9-34).
Ferritin: 256 ug/L (ref 30-400).

I do not think I have cyanosis (they are not that blue), they just look and feel cold.
I eat red meat so I do not have issues with zink either.
Your TSH responds to thyroid hormone (lowered when you took thyroid like its supposed to) so its not a pituitary issue. But it did go back up as you stopped. TSH activates the sodium-iodide symporter so the thyroid can take up iodine in the blood into the thyroid so it can make thyroid hormone so you may just need more iodine. It may be enough to improve markers and symptoms. If iodine fails to improve symptoms, it may be a liver issue reducing conversion of T4 to T3.

What do you guys think of using this instead of eating fresh oysters?
Not worth it based on how much actual oyster you are getting for the price. Better to eat the occasional oyster.

OP
W

wayney

Your TSH responds to thyroid hormone (lowered when you took thyroid like its supposed to) so its not a pituitary issue. But it did go back up as you stopped. TSH activates the sodium-iodide symporter so the thyroid can take up iodine in the blood into the thyroid so it can make thyroid hormone so you may just need more iodine. It may be enough to improve markers and symptoms. If iodine fails to improve symptoms, it may be a liver issue reducing conversion of T4 to T3.

Not worth it based on how much actual oyster you are getting for the price. Better to eat the occasional oyster.
Okay. Been taking iodine like 2 years back but did not see any improvement, so I do not think that it will solve the issues this time either (even though I think that it's wise to take it).

Okay, what can you do to solve the liver issue?

Okay, thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals