Pregnenolone And Voice Cracking

Pointless

I want to take pregnenolone because I have low cholesterol and I'm having trouble getting my temps up. One problem it causes me, though, is that it makes my voice crack. No other supplement does it, and pregnenolone does it very consistently at all different dosage levels and with or without DMSO. I can't turn anything up about why it would do this, but does anyone have any insights? What hormones might cause a person's voice to crack like they're going through puberty? It makes my voice feel very weak and strained.

tyler

Does pregnenolone raise cholesterol levels? I also have a hard time maintaining a high cholesterol level no matter how much sugar I eat.

Ahanu

you may look into this:
Magnesium chloride produced dose-dependent relaxation of bronchial smooth muscle at rest.
These data support the hypothesis that magnesium relaxes smooth muscle and dilates bronchial rings.
Effect of magnesium chloride on rabbit bronchial smooth muscle. - PubMed - NCBI

I took one teaspoon mg chloride in half a litre isostar for a few days and my voices got fuller. i think something relaxed in my voice apparat.
i never got this from transdermal magnesia, though.

Orion

Does pregnenolone raise cholesterol levels? I also have a hard time maintaining a high cholesterol level no matter how much sugar I eat.

Pregnenolone is manufactured with cholesterol, vitamin A and thyroid. I think taking pregnenolone would not spare cholesterol. I have seen it mentioned that taking pregnenolone increases your own production pregnenolone, so that would use more cholesterol?

Orion

I want to take pregnenolone because I have low cholesterol and I'm having trouble getting my temps up. One problem it causes me, though, is that it makes my voice crack. No other supplement does it, and pregnenolone does it very consistently at all different dosage levels and with or without DMSO. I can't turn anything up about why it would do this, but does anyone have any insights? What hormones might cause a person's voice to crack like they're going through puberty? It makes my voice feel very weak and strained.

Pregnenolone converts mainly progesterone and DHEA, DHEA converts to T and maybe Estrogen. Maybe its something downstream effecting your voice?

OP
Pointless

Pointless

No but cholesterol is needed to produce pregnenolone. Ray has said that if thyroid doesn't raise temps, it might be because cholesterol is low. I figured I'd like to supplement it if I can't raise it with diet. It is true that preg increases its own synthesis, so I hope it isn't counter productive.

you may look into this:
Magnesium chloride produced dose-dependent relaxation of bronchial smooth muscle at rest.
These data support the hypothesis that magnesium relaxes smooth muscle and dilates bronchial rings.

I took one teaspoon mg chloride in half a litre isostar for a few days and my voices got fuller. i think something relaxed in my voice apparat.

This is a good idea. Thanks for this. I just started on magnesium bicarbonate, and I'm able to take it without diarrhea sometimes. Maybe I'll try a larger dose.

Pregnenolone converts mainly progesterone and DHEA, DHEA converts to T and maybe Estrogen. Maybe its something downstream effecting your voice?

Ray has said you can take large doses of pregnenolone without problems with estrogen. Also I don't get voice cracking with usual estrogen symptoms when I'm detoxing like aggression, irritation, allergies, phlegm, premature ejaculation, I could go on lol

Makaveli

My voice always feels weak and strained too. I get a strange clogged feeling in my ears and throat when it's happening. Clearing my throat and drinking fluids doesn't help. Makes me not like conversation with people.

This has been like that for years though way before I started pregnenolone

Giraffe

There is quite a bit of literature regarding hormones and the voice, but it's mostly related to either the (female) singing voice, hypothyroidism or transgenders. For example, edema of the vocal cords make the voice coarse and deeper. The symptoms you describe however sound more like it's something to do with tension or lack of what is called support (this is related to breathing and posture).

Please let us know if magnesium does the trick for you.

Related post.

Last edited:

A.R

My voice always feels weak and strained too. I get a strange clogged feeling in my ears and throat when it's happening. Clearing my throat and drinking fluids doesn't help. Makes me not like conversation with people.

This has been like that for years though way before I started pregnenolone
Have you tried taking DHEA along with pregnenolone? The recommended dose is 5mg a day. Adding dhea can increase your testosterone and dht, thus helping with voice/anxiety

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Have you tried taking DHEA along with pregnenolone? The recommended dose is 5mg a day. Adding dhea can increase your testosterone and dht, thus helping with voice/anxiety

Yes, no difference.

docall18

Are you taking any thyroid, what dose? Does the preg make you warm/anxious?

It could be that the preg is causing hyperthyroid symptoms with higher adrenaline..

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Are you taking any thyroid, what dose? Does the preg make you warm/anxious?

It could be that the preg is causing hyperthyroid symptoms with higher adrenaline..

My mid-day temps hover between 97.9 and recently up to 98.5. I take 3/4 grain of thyroid, currently on a Broda Barnes dose increasing schedule. Preg doesn't change my temps or subjective impression of temperature.

you may look into this:

Very much agree!

Makaveli

where do you guys get magnesium chloride from?
you may look into this:

Where do you get your mag chloride from?

DaveFoster

Haidut says the DHT pathway acts as a positive feedback on its own synthesis, so it would lower your cholesterol even further.

PeatThemAll

It could also be food related. My throat/voice (and wouldn't be surprised of the rest of the digestive tract lining) gets worse when I add oatmeal to my diet (raw = worse).

japanesedude

I got same symptoms from Pansterone, oral Pregnenolone and possibly oral DHEA too.
I can feel that something wrong in my throat.

Mary Pruter

Can anyone tell me if 200 to 300 mgs of pregnenolone a day is okay? I have been told that it should help with healing nerve damage. My 91 year old mother is just getting over shingles but now she is left with the pain from the nerve damage it causes in the skin. She is taking 100mgs a day and I'm wondering if 200 or 300 would be okay to help her through this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals