POLL: Who Are You Voting For In The 2016 Presidential Election?

Who are you voting for in the 2016 presidential election?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 93 57.1%
  • other....

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yerrag

There are many Americans who live in foreign lands. Many foreigners who've lived in the US. And a whole lot more whose minds have been formed on exposure to US media, and considering how dominant the US is - militarily, US dollar as world currency, primary language of the Internet, NBA, Hollywood, pop music, and of course news propagandaetc. it is much easier for a foreigner to know the US than the other way around. Of course, nothing beats having feet on the ground to know issues better.

So, if you'd like a US-centric view, following up on that would be the best thing. But myopic imho.

Queequeg

oops :locked

2016-Presidential-polls-Hillary-Clinton-Donald-Trump-leading-battleground-states-win-lose-670x388.jpg

Hillary Clinton signs the cover of Newsweek declaring her Madam President on Monday, November 7

yerrag

Ebay

belcanto

The repeal of Obamacare is going to devestate millions of Americans lives. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's with no insurance and couldn't get covered for the life of him. Obamacare changed all that and saved his life. He was able to get affordable coverage, be treated, and receive DBS surgery and none of that would have been possible without the ACA. Abolishing it (high priority of trump) is going to give insurers too much power—allowing them to create discriminatory and expensive policies.

Everyone wants to talk big issues like foreign policy and ***t but no one wants to look left and right to those closest to them, family and neighbors, to see how this all would affect them. I feel like if they reprioritized their concerns, the results may have been different.

I am glad your father got good treatment and is doing better, Tyler.

That said, my family was forced on Obamacare a couple of years ago. I was working at an imaging clinic that was bought by Tenet, a large hospital group; the Tenet CEO would send e-mails to all the employees practically telling us how to vote in the last presidential election because he wanted to keep the $$$ the Obamacare was bringing in for him, never mind how it affected anyone else. I wrote him back asking if his mother had never taught him to avoid discussing religion and politics in the workplace, but the e-mail bounced back, convenient for him.

My husband and I are self-employed; the first time Obamacare was announced, there was an immediate $100 a month increase to our health insurance. Soon after that, our California insurer informed us that we would now be covering sex change surgeries, but woe unto those who needed a knee replacement! The price of our health insurance kept steadily climbing until Obamacare came into full bloom; our private PPO health insurer sent us a new bill for $1800 a month for four people - more than our mortgage! (Yes, California.) Since Tenet took over the clinic I had worked at, they slashed employees out of there to improve their bottom line, so this ironically qualified my family for the subsidized health insurance, but my youngest had to go on MediCal! How embarrassing! I feel like Obamacare contributed to the loss of that job.

And it's ridiculous - women who are beyond child-bearing age and even men are expected to carry maternity coverage! So who is subsidizing whom?

The repeat of Obamacare could only be helpful; I think health insurance should be able to be sold across state lines like anything else. Why are we confined? Why do we put up with our states forcing us to cover procedures we consider immoral? Certain procedures are definitely elective, yet they are covered and we're forced to cough up for them, conscience notwithstanding.

For my part I've been applying and applying for a full-time job so I can pull my own weight and cover my own family with insurance I purchase myself at the volume discount. Yes, there are some pre-existing medical issues in our family as in many, but I have to tell you, the insurers WANTED Obamacare because it gives them power!

You are right, Tyler, that our health system is imperfect, but it is still the best in the world. Where else do people from other countries go if there's something especially tricky? Here. I understand Canada has limited availability of their MRIs - "four magnets," to quote a MRI technologist friend of mine. We have about 40 in my neighborhood.

Best regards.

burtlancast

This following post is my personal email exchange with Ralph Epperson, who wrote the book "The unseen hand".

It resumes pretty well, i think, the problem of trusting politicians (from any country):

Hi Ralph,

I have recently rewatched your old presentation at the prophecy club and caught your mention at the very end, during the questions and answers, about Goldwater not being the person he portrayed to be.

Epperson answer:
THANKS FOR WRITING.
I first got started with my study of america's history in 1962, during the Barry Goldwater campaign for the Presidency.
I read a couple of his books and he made enormous sense. So I became a GOLDWATER CONSERVATIVE.
But several years later, after the campaign was over, I discovered the Masonic Lodge and their worship of Lucifer, also called Satan and the devil. I then found out that Barry was a 33rd Degree Mason, and I found it from the Masonic Lodge's own information.
That told me a great deal about him and what he believed in. I learned that many of his votes in the Senate were not consistent with the Conservative philosophy.
But the major thing that he did that convinced me that he was a conspirator occurred after I read his book entitled WITH NO APOLOGIES. He made some strong statements about THE TRILATERAL COMMISSION and THE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS and what they were really up to.
I thought that he was correct in his positions, ........ and then he flew to New Hampshire to endorse George Bush, the father, in the Republican primary in that state!!! George Bush was not only a member of the CFR, as I recall he was THE NATIONAL DIRECTOR, and if I remember correctly he was also a Trilateral Commission member.
BARRY REVEALED THE TRUTH IN THAT ACTION .......... HE LIED TO US IN HIS BOOK, AND THEN SUPPORTED THE CONSPIRACY'S CANDIDATE IN THE PRIMARY!!!!

That was enough for me ........ he betrayed this nation, and I will never forgive him for the lies he told in his books, the very ones that I read when I first started this study.

I hope that answers your question. Ralph

Last edited:

Simonsays

+1, there should be a separate thread for people outside the USA. It's almost as if they believe any Progressive propaganda without questioning it.

Translated as "you cant possibly comment unless you agree with my opinion" . It smacks of authoritarianism.

Did you not see the Brexit thread? Completely dominated by our colonial cousins, not that i objected, except when it inevitably degenerated into the racial/genetic/iq superiority guff.

PPS. Was the Presidential election still rigged/corrupt/fraudulent? Was Trump elected despite it being rigged/corrupt/fraudulent? Theyre rhetorical questions by the way. (Yes and Yes)

Simonsays

The notion that the septuagenarian Donald Trump will dedicate the next twenty years of his life to leading a political reform movement with limited prospects for success, almost no personal upside, and zero recognition on the other side of unlikely success is laughable. Donald Trump has no interest in a movement that isn’t about himself. He has no firm convictions or ideals. Every position he ran on in 2016 he opposed just a few years prior. His political persuasions are fleeting and transactional—they are useful to him only insofar as they provide him with something he wants. And the only thing he wants, all he’s ever wanted, is recognition and adulation. Pure NPD

Trump apparently offered the Vice Presidency to Governor Kasich of Ohio (before Pence) , allowing him to dictate domestic and foreign policy?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html?_r=0

Xisca

So, the news are Trump-Pence for the next 4 years?
Read RPforum better than watch TV!

aquaman

What part didn't you understand?

Possibly the part where your beliefs have any impact on what I will do.

Why are you so threatened by me?

If you want to silence non-believers, I'm sure there will be plenty of jobs available at Fox or for the FBI under Trump.

ps Kyle - fine, but the same thing applies, ie America has consequences on the rest of the world ergo it's ok for us to have opinions on it.

tankasnowgod

That you guys just take his words about Clinton is beyond me. He has black mailed Clinton for years. How much lies has this guy told in all his speeches? Just lie after lie. He would put Clinton in jail. Just all nonsense to make people afraid of her and vote for him. Now he knows he has won, he admits he was wrong about saying Clinton belongs in jail. Okay, this is the president you guys want? Someone that will lie as much as he can to get what he want? Isn't that the oppose of Ray Peat. Someone that carefully takes his words? Someone that thinks before he tells another dumb lie?

Mufasa, I'm not sure how old you are, or what you country you live in, but as someone who is forty years old and lived in US my entire life, I can tell you I didn't just take Trump's "words about Clinton." During the 90's I saw all the scandals unfold about the Clinton's on national media. Things like Whitewater, the Rose Law Firm, all the affairs and allegations of sexual abuse, and the Impeachment. These can't be dismissed as only Bill's scandals, as the Rose Law Firm and Whitewater had Hillary at the center.

Retired Investigative Reporter Lisa Myers gave an interview to C-Span back in 2014. She details her time working as an investigative reporter during the Clinton administration from minutes 20-35. Here is the link- Q&A Lisa Myers | Video | C-SPAN.org

Beyond just the emails, the private server, and Benghazi (all recent scandals where Hillary is at the center), one of the biggest issues of all is the Clinton Foundation. This basically enabled the Clintons to rake in over 200 million dollars, and allow 2 billion to come into their foundation, often from questionable foreign entities while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State. This is well documented in the "Clinton Cash" book and movie. Here is a recent panel from Judicial Watch talking about the issues that The Clinton Foundation has, not just in regards to the Clintons, but how it could enable future politicians to set up a similar quasi-legal structure to personally enrich themselves by taking money from foreign entities.

I have been amazed that the left has been blind to the glaring issues that have been raised legitimately, from all sorts of sources, about the character, ethics, and actions not just of Hillary Clinton, but the entire Clinton family.

Rand56

I thought I'd share this. Something that Mr. Thrill Up His Leg Chris Matthews said last night. It was hysterical and shocking at the same time. So I flipped to MSNBC because I wanted to see how many boxes of Kleenex they had on their set. So Chris starts talking about how the Dow futures were tanking during election night. He says...."The Dow futures....which I have never even heard of before........" LOL seriously???? Granted, this guy does political commentary but yet he doesn't even have any "basic" knowledge of the markets?? I thought most libs, and certainly one of his stature, think they are the "smartest one's in the room"?

How embarrassing. Talk about living in your own bubble, which apparently basic knowledge of the markets is outside his bubble LOL.

Kyle M

ps Kyle - fine, but the same thing applies, ie America has consequences on the rest of the world ergo it's ok for us to have opinions on it.

Wondering what you care about vis a vis American foreign actions outside of mass murder...maybe it's progressive feelz. Someone you hold the untenable position that Trump is worse for other nations than the biggest hawk to ever run for president, who is already responsible for several terrible wars that killed tens of thousands and harmed many more. Get your head checked.

dbh25

Translated as "you cant possibly comment unless you agree with my opinion" . It smacks of authoritarianism.
Did you not see the Brexit thread? Completely dominated by our colonial cousins, not that i objected, except when it inevitably degenerated into the racial/genetic/iq superiority guff
It doesn't need translation, whether or not you are actually casting a vote has nothing to do with my opinion.
I did not comment in the Brexit thread. I don't live in the UK.

aquaman

Wondering what you care about vis a vis American foreign actions outside of mass murder...maybe it's progressive feelz. Someone you hold the untenable position that Trump is worse for other nations than the biggest hawk to ever run for president, who is already responsible for several terrible wars that killed tens of thousands and harmed many more. Get your head checked.

1. Normalising hate speech in political parties will spread it more throughout the world.
2. Its' not just Trump being nominated, it's Republicans - and half of them want to rule America by the rules of the Bible which I don't agree with, and from your other posts - you don't agree with. Eg tightening laws on abortion (even if not actually banning it like half of them want) will send a bad signal to the rest of the world. I don't how Republicans are Libertarian, seems totally opposite - so why do you support them?! I actually thought some of Trump's policies were very centrist Democratic, unfortunately he's a pragamatist and realised he needed the 10% of racist/xenophobic/sexist voters to push him to the edge, not just the normal voters.
3. Nationalism is generally bad and is spreading throughout the world, and this will encourage it
4. He doesn't seem to know anything about the political situation in the world, and lack of knowledge could easily destabilise the whole world

DaveFoster

I'd call JFK or Obama charismatic, not Ron Paul. (As much as I agree with him)
charisma- a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
All of those individuals are charismatic; Ron Paul is charismatic for his honesty and uninterrupted economic argumentation.

DaveFoster

3. Nationalism is generally bad and is spreading throughout the world, and this will encourage it
That's the core of your argument; in-group preferences are bad.

How would you generalize a political system and still meet the needs of its citizens, both conservatives and liberals?

Last edited:

Kyle M

1. Normalising hate speech in political parties will spread it more throughout the world.
2. Its' not just Trump being nominated, it's Republicans - and half of them want to rule America by the rules of the Bible which I don't agree with, and from your other posts - you don't agree with. Eg tightening laws on abortion (even if not actually banning it like half of them want) will send a bad signal to the rest of the world. I don't how Republicans are Libertarian, seems totally opposite - so why do you support them?! I actually thought some of Trump's policies were very centrist Democratic, unfortunately he's a pragamatist and realised he needed the 10% of racist/xenophobic/sexist voters to push him to the edge, not just the normal voters.
4. He doesn't seem to know anything about the political situation in the world, and lack of knowledge could easily destabilise the whole world
Which one of those 4 points would you like to lay on the bodies of 10s of thousands of Middle Eastern children? Maybe a little nationalism, William Jenning Bryan style non-adventurism, is what the world needs to REGAIN stability. Yes I'm a libertarian, and yes many Republicans have many non-libertarian views, but I have my priorities straight. They are:
1) opposing mass murder
2) property rights, including the ability to put what you want in your own body, and to keep the fruit of your labor, for all people
3) everything else is tied for third in a very distant way

The fact that you put anything before my #1 there is sick.

Kyle M

I can't get over how you value speech more than actions. Seriously, if you think "hate speech" ala Trump saying Mexico sends over a lot of its criminals to cross the border (which is true) and that's more important than war in the Middle East, you're a disgusting person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals