Phenibut: A Vice, Not A Virtue

DaveFoster

So, I'm in college, and I foolishly made the mistake of going and having a couple drinks with some friends. Before heading out, I took a hefty dose of phenibut (somwhere around 1/8 tsp of powder which equals only somewhere around 300 - 400 mg). I felt fantastic the whole night and had a great time, and I slept really well, but the day after (despite my resistance to hangovers), I felt a little anxious and unable to concentrate. This eventually built later in to the day so that I had debilitation depression, feelings of hopelessness, and ADD-like symptoms, not to mention a very rough time with my usual caffiene dosages. The feeling completely reversed about 3 hours ago, and I feel fine.

This taught me to stay away from phenibut and alcohol, and especially their combination. It's just not worth it. The latter is a poison through and through, and the former is much more sinister on the rebound.

Stryker

hmmm this seems an exceptional case as that is actually quite a low dose

not trying to gloat or anything , on saturday night i dosed 2 grams of phenibut HCL (Liftmode - Large crystals) and had about 16 standard drinks later that night .. the next day i did feel abit "off" but nothing like what you have described.

were did you source your phenibut from?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Stryker said:
were did you source your phenibut from?
PowderCity. It's legit, and I've dosed higher in the past. I suspect that it was the combination that doesn't work with me. Alcohol has a horrible effect on me, and my family has a strong tendency toward alcoholism, so I wouldn't attribute it solely to the phenibut.

Also, how the hell are you so lean? Do you just count calories?

Stryker

good luck with the phenibut it can be a great thing if you respect it

i think i can attribute it to eating as little fat as possible

CoolTweetPete

I have had a similar experience with phenibut. I was using a very potent liposomal version, and I did not understand why I was having such negative thoughts several hours after using it. From what I've read around the internet some people experience strange psychological withdrawal symptoms from benzos, which Phenibut is.

I can agree with Stryker's comment about respecting it. I use very small doses here and there these days, and find it invaluable for improving sleep in bursts.

milk_lover

I am very thankful that I haven't tasted alcohol in my life for religious reasons. Just quit this poisonous ***t. Your body will thank you.

TheHound

I need to buy some more. ran out of my liftmode phenibut. would take 2-3 grams for a night out and then have 1-2 Jager bombs. great how it makes alcohol tolerance lower so I only need a shot or two instead of like 4-5

Stryker

how is that?

its something thats tempting to take all the time because it makes life in general flow that much easier due to it reducing anxiety to zero

however and i know from experience that the effects do not last if you take this more than 3 days a week and over 9 grams in total per week (probably better to limit to 2 days)

you wouldnt wanna quit that ***t cold turkey after sustained daily use unless you were able to lock yourself in a room for a month.

Well seeing as GABA downregulation can be fatal I'm pretty sure...

BobbyDukes

its something thats tempting to take all the time because it makes life in general flow that much easier due to it reducing anxiety to zero

however and i know from experience that the effects do not last if you take this more than 3 days a week and over 9 grams in total per week (probably better to limit to 2 days)

you wouldnt wanna quit that **** cold turkey after sustained daily use unless you were able to lock yourself in a room for a month.

Apparantly it's just as bad as GHB with its withdrawal 'rebound' effects. Ouch.

bobbybobbob

I like phenibut for sitting around and napping and watching movies for a day after the occasional very stressful week. It would not occur to me to do a bunch of phenibut before going out to socialize. Seems rather contraindicated. It's definitely a "melt into the couch" drug and not a social thing.

Hmm what would be the effect of ingesting phenylglycine :artist: can't find anything about this molecule.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals