Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Holy sh*t, 5k calories! Do you take any supplements with all that food? How’s your digestion?
Yes!

- K2
- NDT
- Aspirin
- Propolis
- Nicotine
- Collagen
- Vitamin C
- Prog/preg (sometimes)

Digestion is really, really good. But then again I never eat gluten and keep plant fiber intake pretty low.

Also do colonics a few times a year and eat more garlic if digestion seems to be getting out of whack.

Dr. B

Yes!

- K2
- NDT
- Aspirin
- Propolis
- Nicotine
- Collagen
- Vitamin C
- Prog/preg (sometimes)

Digestion is really, really good. But then again I never eat gluten and keep plant fiber intake pretty low.

Also do colonics a few times a year and eat more garlic if digestion seems to be getting out of whack.
which brand for the NDT and aspirin, propolis
how much dosage for the K2/vitamin C and how often!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

which brand for the NDT and aspirin, propolis
how much dosage for the K2/vitamin C and how often!
NDT: Lifegiving Store
Aspiring: generic
Propolis: from a local bee farm

K2: ~500% RDV/day
Vitamin C: 1000mg/day

Dr. B

NDT: Lifegiving Store
Aspiring: generic
Propolis: from a local bee farm

K2: ~500% RDV/day
Vitamin C: 1000mg/day
why so much vitamin C! ive heard also that its risky to use any antioxidants close to workout times especially post workout. do you time away from that

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

why so much vitamin C! ive heard also that its risky to use any antioxidants close to workout times especially post workout. do you time away from that
Was kind of inspired based on a user here named Rick (I think?).

But yeah, I take vitamin C in the morning away from iron intake and workouts.

Ben.

Why is that exactly? one would think loading up macro and micronutrients after a workout is the best one can do to replenish the body and avoid needless dmg/stress from the workout.

Vileplume

Was kind of inspired based on a user here named Rick (I think?).

But yeah, I take vitamin C in the morning away from iron intake and workouts.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time thus far on earth, never take vitamin C advice from someone named Rick :naughty

Dr. B

Why is that exactly? one would think loading up macro and micronutrients after a workout is the best one can do to replenish the body and avoid needless dmg/stress from the workout.
it was a concern on bbing and supplement forums, supposedly vitamin C usage particularly near workout times lead to not gaining as much physical strength despite gaining muscular size as normal.
other than that the logic there goes that certain recovery processes occur after weightlifting and vitamin C interferes with those.
some say theres a certain level of inflammation that is triggered from lifting and anti inflammatory substances interfere with the proper recovery process

76er

what form of dairy fat
whole milk, or butter in cooking?
Milk (I skim whole non-homogenized milk to be ~1.5%), small amounts of butter for greasing, and cheese (ricotta, swiss, gouda, cheddar, parmigiano-reggiano, and mozzarella). I usually do full-fat cheese but watch the portions.

76er

Did you ever try the super low fat 'uncoupling' diet promoted here a few years back? I know several users, including Razvan, have had success with it.
Interesting but no I just couldn't go under 25% fat w/o really killing my food joy.

76er

If I go much above 33% carbs I start losing muscle definition and accumulating more abdominal fat.
Wow, I wonder why that is? I know you don't do much starch either so that would be almost all sugar-based carbs?

I'd say my ideal is 50% carbs | 22% protein | 28% fat.

At least with regards to physique development but I "feel" good on that breakdown too.

Dr. B

Milk (I skim whole non-homogenized milk to be ~1.5%), small amounts of butter for greasing, and cheese (ricotta, swiss, gouda, cheddar, parmigiano-reggiano, and mozzarella). I usually do full-fat cheese but watch the portions.
how do you skim it

Jerkboy

Before I ever found Ray Peat I was into bodybuilding and I ate a lot of high fat dairy (cheese, milk, high fat cottage cheese), bananas (not Peaty) and shakes with fruits and milk. Plus I took creatine. I did not eat much red meat, took coffee and overall I would say my diet was fairly Ray Peat style except for bananas and also ate starch like rice.

I was big and felt good. My libido was very high in that time.

I remember I was eating quite a lot of fat in general. Perhaps because creatine lowers cortisol and increase adrenaline and increases fatty acid oxidation.

Definitely possible to get big on a Ray Peat diet. But for me starch was a must too.

Dr. B

Before I ever found Ray Peat I was into bodybuilding and I ate a lot of high fat dairy (cheese, milk, high fat cottage cheese), bananas (not Peaty) and shakes with fruits and milk. Plus I took creatine. I did not eat much red meat, took coffee and overall I would say my diet was fairly Ray Peat style except for bananas and also ate starch like rice.

I was big and felt good. My libido was very high in that time.

I remember I was eating quite a lot of fat in general. Perhaps because creatine lowers cortisol and increase adrenaline and increases fatty acid oxidation.

Definitely possible to get big on a Ray Peat diet. But for me starch was a must too.
creatine increases adrenaline? why/how does it do that
did you use whey protein powder at all. or just fruits blended with skim milk or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals