Old School Bodybuilding Fat Loss Method And Fatty Liver

Herbie

I would like to point out some of the similarities with the old school 'golden era' bodybuilding cutting method and suggested solutions I have read on this forum to reverse a fatty liver.

A rough example of the popular cutting method used:

-Moderate calorie intake.
-Moderate to high protein from animal sources including lean beef, fish, chicken, eggs, low fat milk, low fat cottage cheese.
-Low fat, low pufa.

-Moderate carbs from wheat, oatmeal, potatoes, rice, fruit.
- Boiled brocoli/spinach (vitamin K)
-Coffee and black tea
-Caffeine pills
- Cytomel (Synthetic T3)
- Winstrol/stanozolol (DHT derivative)
- Nandrolone. (Testosterone derivative)

The results of following a method like this were popular in creating a leaner physique over an 8-12 week peroid. I suspect it could have helped remove fat from the liver and possibly helped increase metabolism leading lower body fat and maintained/increased muscle mass. It was still effective if no steroids were used.

I'm not suggesting this is Ray's opinion, I'm not suggesting to follow this or copy this prehistoric bro science and I'm not promoting or suggesting anyone use steroids. I'm not suggesting you can reverse fatty liver with nandrolone and Im not suggesting its ok to eat starch or green vegetables or anything.

J

James IV

This isn't really the old school bodybuilding diet. Most of the 70's era guys ate basically ketogenic with once weekly carb ups. Lots of steak, eggs, cheese, etc, and pizza and ice cream one day a week. Rick Drasin is good friends with my (world) gym owner. Old school guys come in all the time. Low fat, moderate carb is more of a new trend.

Anyway. You lose liver fat the same way you lose all other fat. Create a deficit and use it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

This isn't really the old school bodybuilding diet. Most of the 70's era guys ate basically ketogenic with once weekly carb ups. Lots of steak, eggs, cheese, etc, and pizza and ice cream one day a week. Rick Drasin is good friends with my (world) gym owner. Old school guys come in all the time. Low fat, moderate carb is more of a new trend.

Intersting. I have noticed that weekly cheat meal method for people doing ketogenic diet, it seems popular today. It was popular probably still is to lower carbs right off in the final weeks leading to a competition and that they 'carb up' close to the competition with boiled potato or dry oats and that they eat pizza and ice-cream once the competition is over.

Anyway. You lose liver fat the same way you lose all other fat. Create a deficit and use it up.

A deficit in calories or fat?