Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

Dr. B

@Hans mate what was your experience using 300mg thiamine. how long did you use it for, why did you stop, was it thiamine HCL

rr1

doesnt baking soda do the same?
I believe baking soda helps. one tsp of baking soda is pretty much the only thing i take pre workout. can notice when I dont take it, it gets harder to breathe through my nose, and there is a bit of pain inside my nose as my heart rate gets up, like a cold stinging feeling.

did he gain fat from whole milk?
Mostly muscle, the beginner gains when you first start lifting. People who are active during the day should drink whole milk, if they are more sedentary, low fat milk is better. I did gain a bit of fat on whole milk when I started drinking it

concentric means you basicalyl do only the push part of the muscle not the pulling part, so on a bench press it would mean, instead of repping the weight, you would push the weight up then just rack the bar?
Yeah, the only way to do it with bench press is to have a spotter help lower it to your chest, and then push up by yourself. its not a very good exercise though. Right now I mostly do decline bench press with dumbbells, and while its impossible to ignore the eccentric part(lowering the weight) i just put minimal effort into it.
And decline cable press is my favourite exercise for chest, nothing gives me a bigger chest pump and activation feeling that that.

with barbell rows, just pull the weight up, then drop the weight instead of slowly lowering it for reps?
Exactly right

bicep curl, you pull the weight up for the curl, but then rack the dumbell instead of lowering it?
yeah, i like seated incline alternating dumbbell curls. another way to do this is to curl the weight with 1 arm, and help the weight down with your other hand. this is what i do on the seated leg curl and leg extension machine, to stop the weights from banging at the bottom. you need to get creative with it.

Dr. B

I believe baking soda helps. one tsp of baking soda is pretty much the only thing i take pre workout. can notice when I dont take it, it gets harder to breathe through my nose, and there is a bit of pain inside my nose as my heart rate gets up, like a cold stinging feeling.

Mostly muscle, the beginner gains when you first start lifting. People who are active during the day should drink whole milk, if they are more sedentary, low fat milk is better. I did gain a bit of fat on whole milk when I started drinking it

Yeah, the only way to do it with bench press is to have a spotter help lower it to your chest, and then push up by yourself. its not a very good exercise though. Right now I mostly do decline bench press with dumbbells, and while its impossible to ignore the eccentric part(lowering the weight) i just put minimal effort into it.
And decline cable press is my favourite exercise for chest, nothing gives me a bigger chest pump and activation feeling that that.

Exactly right

yeah, i like seated incline alternating dumbbell curls. another way to do this is to curl the weight with 1 arm, and help the weight down with your other hand. this is what i do on the seated leg curl and leg extension machine, to stop the weights from banging at the bottom. you need to get creative with it.
the main point of concentric is you only do the actual rep, you don't do the part where you're just lowering the weights or carefully setting the weights?
how would this apply to pullups and dips? basically only do the rep upwards for pullups, then just hop off the pullup bar instead of lowering yourself?
so pullup hangs, and dip hangs arent good? you have to rep the dips then hop off the dip bar?

whats the reason behind only concentric, is the lowering of the weights like for bench press considered unecessary? wouldnt there be certain muscles that are worked and built from actually lowering the bar of the bench press for example, or from carefully lowering the weight of the dumbell curls?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Sexual Transmutation = Physical Regeneration?

Been retaining and transmuting sexual energy for who knows how long now. (Purposely not keeping track of the days.)

Regardless of how long it's been, I have no desire to 'relapse.'

In the past several weeks I've noticed:

- My hair is growing very fast (Grandparents have commented on this with some surprise)
- My voice has gotten noticeably deeper (could also be from newfound love for nicotine gum lol)
- Increased synchronicities (thoughts turn into things more quickly/frequently)
- Increased aggression (trying to use this for good)

Perhaps most significantly, my face is continuing to change shape a little bit. The texture/elasticity of my skin is not really changing, but from afar something about my face looks younger than it did just a few months ago. It's like the shape of my face is returning to how it was when I was 18 or 19.

Pretty sure it has to do with the skin being glowy and pulled tightly over cheekbones (almost like what pregnenolone does, tho I'm not taking that right now). Anyways it's fascinating stuff!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Also I'm thinking of making a new log related more to regeneration, energy levels, sexual transmutation, etc!

(Really gone down the rabbit hole hear on this topic and don't want to derail this thread's original intent much further lol)

Dr. B

Sexual Transmutation = Physical Regeneration?

Been retaining and transmuting sexual energy for who knows how long now. (Purposely not keeping track of the days.)

Regardless of how long it's been, I have no desire to 'relapse.'

In the past several weeks I've noticed:

- My hair is growing very fast (Grandparents have commented on this with some surprise)
- My voice has gotten noticeably deeper (could also be from newfound love for nicotine gum lol)
- Increased synchronicities (thoughts turn into things more quickly/frequently)
- Increased aggression (trying to use this for good)

Perhaps most significantly, my face is continuing to change shape a little bit. The texture/elasticity of my skin is not really changing, but from afar something about my face looks younger than it did just a few months ago. It's like the shape of my face is returning to how it was when I was 18 or 19.

Pretty sure it has to do with the skin being glowy and pulled tightly over cheekbones (almost like what pregnenolone does, tho I'm not taking that right now). Anyways it's fascinating stuff!
which pregnenolone did you use, how does pregnenolone do this? it dried out my eyes a ton, and made me fatter!

rr1

Also I'm thinking of making a new log related more to regeneration, energy levels, sexual transmutation, etc!

(Really gone down the rabbit hole hear on this topic and don't want to derail this thread's original intent much further lol)
Would love to know as much about this as you can share. If you start a new thread I'll be there!

milkboi

Do it bruv

This is your quest and it has been fascinating following along, take it down any path you want. It's been a pleasure seeing the honesty in sharing your thoughts.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

which pregnenolone did you use, how does pregnenolone do this? it dried out my eyes a ton, and made me fatter!
I just used StressNon.

Oh really? I've heard reports of pregnenolone making people fatter...not sure why it has that effect in some people but not in others.

As far as why it tightens skin, see Dr. Peat's article's on the topic.

Dr. B

I just used StressNon.

Oh really? I've heard reports of pregnenolone making people fatter...not sure why it has that effect in some people but not in others.

As far as why it tightens skin, see Dr. Peat's article's on the topic.
i remember reading, it seems its just an effect of boosting progesterone and the metabolism? the youthfulness aspects of a fast metabolism?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

i remember reading, it seems its just an effect of boosting progesterone and the metabolism? the youthfulness aspects of a fast metabolism?
That's part of it, but I think there's more to it than that.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

This is your quest and it has been fascinating following along, take it down any path you want. It's been a pleasure seeing the honesty in sharing your thoughts.
Hey thanks so much, really glad you've enjoyed reading ! Just started a new log.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Gonna give this bodybuilding thing another try and see how much muscle mass I can gain this winter!

[Originally I wasn't sure about this..and also realized that bodybuilding isn't super important in the grand scheme of things. But it's been much easier to keep weight in the 172+ range than it used to be. Why not go for 180+ ?]

Will be keeping things simpler this time around, with a kettlebell + calisthenics approach.

Will also be keeping three old school 'expansion' lifts in the program:

- Hiseman-style breathing squats [LINK]

- Reeves shrugs [LINK]

- Pullovers [LINK]

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Return of eating like a little piggy

newcrono.jpg

Also eating liver, oysters, clams, and salmon roe occasionally.

Was feeling a little doubtful about the high fat intake til Rinse&rePeat posted this quote:

"Sugar helps the liver to make cholesterol, switching from starchy vegetables to sweet fruits will usually bring cholesterol levels up to normal. If the fat is mostly saturated, from milk, cheese, butter, beef, lamb or coconut oil, I think it's usually o.k. to get about 50% of the calories from fat, but since those natural fats typically contain around 2% polyunsaturated fats, I try to minimize my PUFA intake by having more fruit, and a little less fat, maybe 30 to 35%." - Ray Peat

76er

Was feeling a little doubtful about the high fat intake
Do it.

Let's see if you don't put on some muscle as well.

It'll be a good experiment.

I can't go above 30% b/c I'll gain weight.

I'm 50 years old as well.

But I'd go higher if I could. I love to be able to go to 50%. ❤️ dairy fat.

Dr. B

Do it.

what form of dairy fat
whole milk, or butter in cooking?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Do it.

Hopefully it results in more muscle, will let ya know!

30%...interesting...for me it's the other way around. If I go much above 33% carbs I start losing muscle definition and accumulating more abdominal fat.

Did you ever try the super low fat 'uncoupling' diet promoted here a few years back? I know several users, including Razvan, have had success with it.