Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Don't give up on the size goals, you seemed to progress extremely well in a very short time period, I truly believe that having as much musle mass as you can naturally sustain for your life time is one of the best things anybody can ever do for themselves. As they say you are either growing or dying.

Have you ever considered adjusting your approach and going extremely minimal with how many exercises set you do to limit the calorie burn / requirement. The stimulus you can creatre from one all out set per excercise is so great that often it can be enough to create a response and allow progression.

I think keeping the social connections cycling created for me is the main reason I keep up the little I still do. It really is only on days off the gym and Z1 only, it is nice to get outside and get some fresh air and clear the mind.
Thanks for your encouragement :):

Yeah, I did get progress pretty well at first...just got tired of eating so much. Had to eat well over 5,000 calories a day, which equated to over $200/week just on food with all the grass fed + organic stuff.

Were I to hypothetically up my weight from 180 (the highest I ever got) to 190 pounds, I'd be eating wayy more than the 5% weight gain would imply.

Adjusting the approach, yes I've considered it...and a minimalist lifting routine paired with minimal movement does sound like a good strategy. Might have another go this winter. If I do try again, I'll be eating way more rice and far fewer excitatory amino acids.

Regarding cycling, yes that's so true. I used to really enjoy group rides...bonus points if the weather is nice, of course.

Did you ever get into mountain biking or cyclocross, or stick with road stuff?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Hows this going? Did you ever start back up again?
Hi! I did start up again actually, using a different type of approach.

Just waiting til there's a little more progress to report...I'm just about back to my heaviest weight ever but want to get a little higher...

aniciete

Hi! I did start up again actually, using a different type of approach.

Just waiting til there's a little more progress to report...I'm just about back to my heaviest weight ever but want to get a little higher...
Sweet, thanks man. Im looking forward to the update.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

To OP, do you eat Starch? I find it works incredibly well for me and Potatoes / buckwheat are dirt cheap
Thanks for the suggestion! But I don't/can't. It gives me dandruff almost instantly and leads to bloating within a few days.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Short update: fatter than ever

Finally found a way to stay at 180+ pounds: milkshakes!

Every morning I blend a gallon of raw milk with a little bit of raw honey and a few egg yolks. Often throw in some whey protein, propolis, creatine, etc too. This mixture provides plenty of cals until about 2pm.

For lunch and dinner it's the usual: eggs, beef, bone broth, more milk, macadamia nuts, dried fruit, etc.

Also been going with a new type of workout routine: 'micro' workouts. I've been doing 2 or 3 of them per day, every day - just never going near maximal effort.

The first workout is comprised of old-school expansion exercises like Reeve's shrugs and breathing squats. The 2nd and 3rd workouts are typically calisthenics, sometimes weighted calisthenics. Each workout takes maybe 5 minutes or so. This setup was inspired by Pavel Tsatsouline's perspective. It's been working great so far!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Ahh one more thing. I've made an effort to stay very calm and breathe properly while going about day-to-day activities. I also wear blue-blocking sunglasses for much of the day...very calming. That seems to make CNS activation during each microworkout a little easier.

Nomane Euger

Ahh one more thing. I've made an effort to stay very calm and breathe properly while going about day-to-day activities. I also wear blue-blocking sunglasses for much of the day...very calming. That seems to make CNS activation during each microworkout a little easier.
hi,which color are the blue blocking glasses you wear during the day?

Nomane Euger

Yellowish-orange. I take them off when outside in order to get some sun, tho.
since when do you wear these daily?have you noticed any difference in your sex dreams frequency and intensity,and day time libido since wearing these during daytime?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

since when do you wear these daily?have you noticed any difference in your sex dreams frequency and intensity,and day time libido since wearing these during daytime?
It's been at least 6 months. Not really any difference. I just feel super calm when wearing them, like nothing can really bother me much.

Nomane Euger

It's been at least 6 months. Not really any difference. I just feel super calm when wearing them, like nothing can really bother me much.
okay,do you experience sex dreams?have you tryed the blue blocking transparent glasses?i have the 3 colors from blueblox,during day time the transparent ones make me feel the best,i dont get any eyes disconfort and i dont get any numbing effect compare to the yellow or red ones

Nomane Euger

Yeah, but only rarely since I started doing sexual transmutation work / 5 Tibetan Rites.
okay,when did you start your "sexual transmutation work"?i am interested to know if there is reccurent phenomenons/events that occur in your dreams,such as flying,fighting,exploration,whatever,any interaction with women beyond penis and vagina sex

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

okay,when did you start your "sexual transmutation work"?i would be interested to know if there is reccurent phenomenons/events that occur in your dreams,such as flying,fighting,exploration,whatever,any interaction with women beyond penis and vagina sex
It was last fall.

Haha I've always flown in dreams. Other than fewer sexual dreams things haven't changed much. Maybe dreams are just a little more vivid? Over time I've learned to control my dreams if they're not going well.

Nomane Euger

It was last fall.

Haha I've always flown in dreams. Other than fewer sexual dreams things haven't changed much. Maybe dreams are just a little more vivid? Over time I've learned to control my dreams if they're not going well.
so you started both the day time glasses and the sexual transmutation arround the same time?do you have a deep masculine voice or a less deep childish voice?(i am not implying deep masculine voice being better)

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

so you started both the day time glasses and the sexual transmutation arround the same time?do you have a deep masculine voice or a less deep childish voice?(i am not implying deep masculine voice being better)
The glasses came first actually!

My voice has always been quiet and only a little bit deep. That's been one really interesting benefit of sexual transmutation: it's made my voice deeper and louder. I'm not the only one this has happened to, either - lots of reports of it on reddit.

Nomane Euger

The glasses came first actually!

My voice has always been quiet and only a little bit deep. That's been one really interesting benefit of sexual transmutation: it's made my voice deeper and louder. I'm not the only one this has happened to, either - lots of reports of it on reddit.
okay,some of things you associated to "sexual transmutation" could be due or intertwined to the effects of glasses.to me deeper voice before to fall as sleep and when i wake up is strongy associated with occurance of sex dreams,you tell me that you rarely have sex dreams,is your voice very deep most of the times or only at some moments?do the calmness from you associated to the daytime glasses increase your well being,or just calm?do you feel a high degree of euphoria and appreciation?

-Luke-

Thanks for mentioning. I also have blue-blocker glasses and usually only use them in the last 1-2 hours before going to bed. Today, as a test, I put them on more often during the day (inside) and indeed feel calmer. Could of course also be natural fluctuation. I will continue to test it.