Pain Above Front Teeth Resulting From Pressure Of Tongue

Lenny

Past few weeks I pressed my tongue against my front teeth with a lot of force. This is because of a stressfull period. The section above the teeth have become (increasingly) sensitive. This week, during a holiday, my dentist is closed, and im afraid that he wants to make xray when I come to visit, which I want to prevent from happening. I was wondering if anybody has experience with this. How serious is this problem? Are we talking root canals or?

Thank you in advance!

rei

Sounds like you are incorrectly "mewing" by accident. All you need to do is shift the pressing force to the base of your tongue (middle part of roof of mouth) instead of the tip. Or perhaps fix your situation so you don't need to stress.pressure with your tongue.

TheSir

Where does the pain occur? Within the teeth, or the periodontal ligaments around the root of the teeth? The latter is a common symptom of teeth moving around in the alveolar bone. In any case, pushing the front teeth is unlikely to be something that you will want to be doing.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Sounds like you are incorrectly "mewing" by accident. All you need to do is shift the pressing force to the base of your tongue (middle part of roof of mouth) instead of the tip. Or perhaps fix your situation so you don't need to stress.pressure with your tongue.

Yes I was indeed. I learned mewing 2 years a go and kinda dropped it. 2 years later, I noticed I was still mewing unconsciously and in my sleep. I'm conditioning myself to stop it all together, it is a hard habbit to stop haha.

Where does the pain occur? Within the teeth, or the periodontal ligaments around the root of the teeth? The latter is a common symptom of teeth moving around in the alveolar bone. In any case, pushing the front teeth is unlikely to be something that you will want to be doing.

The periodontal ligaments around the root of the teeth. I feel like some teeth are moving a bit. This week i'm seeing my dentist. Would you know if the teeth would "fix" themself?

TheSir

Would you know if the teeth would "fix" themself?
The teeth have a certain amount of intelligence in that they want to revert back to the most stable position in regards to occlusion & jaw dynamics. This is why some need to wear a retainer for the rest of their lives after an orthodontic treatment. While the treatment might make the occlusion more correct in theory, in the end how the teeth relate to the jaw shape and jaw function determines whether or not the teeth will accept the occlusion. If the front teeth have been tipped forward by the tongue, stopping pushing against them will likely reverse the effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals