Oxalate Toxicity

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm glad you're doing better Blossom! Keep the oil burning.
Thank you, I am tolerating oxalate better but this low bp is a challenge. You’re one of my inspirations though to figure it out.

yerrag

Thank you, I am tolerating oxalate better but this low bp is a challenge. You’re one of my inspirations though to figure it out.
I wonder what it is that would make you disposed to have lower bp. It's a different set of conditions from mine.

Since my bp goes down with my metabolism, I wonder if in your case there is a similar relationship. How is your metabolism?

Can oxalate dumping cause thrush and itchiness all over the body?
Be careful…

“Oxalic acid is a poison
It can cause a range of potentially life-threatening symptoms. Possible signs of oxalic acid poisoning: abdominal pain, convulsions, kidney problems, low blood pressure, mouth and throat pain, shock, tremors, vomiting and weak pulse. First aid treatment includes drinking water or milk. Seek emergency care if these symptoms appear suddenly.”

“Excessive intake of high oxalate foods is often the underlying cause, particularly if combined with poor gut health, fat malabsorption, and certain nutrient deficiencies.”

“ What else may increase oxalate levels or aggravate oxalate toxicity?

Fish oil supplements – if you have poor fat absorption, fish oil may cause more absorption of oxalates. (Though some functional medicine practitioners suggest fish oil can be beneficial for those with oxalate issues).

Vitamin D supplementation – possibly by increasing absorption of calcium, it may lower calcium levels in the gut needed for the binding of oxalate.

PEG Compounds (like Glycolax or Miralax) used for constipation – with the help of gut microbes these MAY be converted into oxalate.

Nystatin for thrush or a fungal overgrowth – may keep the gut leaky. “

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder what it is that would make you disposed to have lower bp. It's a different set of conditions from mine.

Since my bp goes down with my metabolism, I wonder if in your case there is a similar relationship. How is your metabolism?
It started after my husband was double vaxxed but I’m not 100% certain that was the cause. My metabolism in general seems about the same but I’m not on thyroid right now either. I generally lay off in the summer but with the vax shedding perhaps I should get back on it.

yerrag

It started after my husband was double vaxxed but I’m not 100% certain that was the cause. My metabolism in general seems about the same but I’m not on thyroid right now either. I generally lay off in the summer but with the vax shedding perhaps I should get back on it.
Since methylene blue raises both my metabolism and bp, I think you can also use mb to test if raising your metabolism would increase your bp before starting on thyroid, if precaution is needed.

So long as you're not taking any MAO inhibitors.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Since methylene blue raises both my metabolism and bp, I think you can also use mb to test if raising your metabolism would increase your bp before starting on thyroid, if precaution is needed.

So long as you're not taking any MAO inhibitors.
I actually added it last week and it seems to be helping. Yesterday it stayed above 100/65 which is a great improvement. Thank you

yerrag

I actually added it last week and it seems to be helping. Yesterday it stayed above 100/65 which is a great improvement. Thank you

I was thinking that you may already have tried that, as you're already well aware that mb can raise blood pressure, which is often seen negatively but in your case it has its merits. What do you think are possible causes of your low bp then that you are looking into? I have lately found the use of eosinophils as a marker for fungal parasitism to be overlooked in standard medical troubleshooting. A lot of people have eosinophils of 3% and higher, and if the absolute values are low (wbc being say around 5.5), it is less likely to be a concern, but if not, I would look at lowering the eosinophil to 1%. I've taken turpentine and found it successfully lowers the eosinophil marker.

High eosinophils disposes one to have a high acidity in the ecf as eosinophils spray the parasite with ROS to eliminate parasites. There is a lot more spillover ROS, and this contributes to increasing acidity. I find that when I test my urine and saliva pH, the pH becomes more alkaline as the eosinophils go down. Having better acid base balance would impact tissue oxygenation at the very least, and this favors metabolism not being stuck at the glycolytic stage and proceeding towards mitochondrial oxidation.

n.b. Some can't take to turpentine easily when they have gut issues. Taking artemisia annua extract may work better but having access to the dried herb and making the extract oneself may be needed. It's not difficult to make using gin.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was thinking that you may already have tried that, as you're already well aware that mb can raise blood pressure, which is often seen negatively but in your case it has its merits. What do you think are possible causes of your low bp then that you are looking into? I have lately found the use of eosinophils as a marker for fungal parasitism to be overlooked in standard medical troubleshooting. A lot of people have eosinophils of 3% and higher, and if the absolute values are low (wbc being say around 5.5), it is less likely to be a concern, but if not, I would look at lowering the eosinophil to 1%. I've taken turpentine and found it successfully lowers the eosinophil marker.

High eosinophils disposes one to have a high acidity in the ecf as eosinophils spray the parasite with ROS to eliminate parasites. There is a lot more spillover ROS, and this contributes to increasing acidity. I find that when I test my urine and saliva pH, the pH becomes more alkaline as the eosinophils go down. Having better acid base balance would impact tissue oxygenation at the very least, and this favors metabolism not being stuck at the glycolytic stage and proceeding towards mitochondrial oxidation.

n.b. Some can't take to turpentine easily when they have gut issues. Taking artemisia annua extract may work better but having access to the dried herb and making the extract oneself may be needed. It's not difficult to make using gin.
My last eosinophil result from over 7 months ago (12/7/21) was 0.6% and WBC was 7.20. I had taken this blood work after starting to feel I was crashing in the late summer-early fall.
I’m honestly not sure of the root cause yet. I had been working a lot of mandatory overtime for @1.5 years due to ‘covid’ so I’m sure I was getting run down a bit. It also coincided with nearly everyone at work (staff and patients) getting the vaccine. That never seemed to be an issue until an elderly lady came into my office immediately after her jab with a bloody nose. I had to be in very close proximity to her for about an hour trying various cpap masks on her with the pressurized air blowing. Perhaps it was a coincidence but maybe not. I was taking MB daily during that time. The only marker from that blood draw that was off and that was a little concerning was slightly low sodium.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m considering going back on a higher dosage of thiamine since it can be implicated in autonomic issues like low bp and I was on it before. I started weaning it down in April and haven’t been on it at all really since early June. Hopefully that will help.

yerrag

My last eosinophil result from over 7 months ago (12/7/21) was 0.6% and WBC was 7.20. I had taken this blood work after starting to feel I was crashing in the late summer-early fall.
I’m honestly not sure of the root cause yet. I had been working a lot of mandatory overtime for @1.5 years due to ‘covid’ so I’m sure I was getting run down a bit. It also coincided with nearly everyone at work (staff and patients) getting the vaccine. That never seemed to be an issue until an elderly lady came into my office immediately after her jab with a bloody nose. I had to be in very close proximity to her for about an hour trying various cpap masks on her with the pressurized air blowing. Perhaps it was a coincidence but maybe not. I was taking MB daily during that time. The only marker from that blood draw that was off and that was a little concerning was slightly low sodium.
Your eosinophils look OK so taking turpentine won't be helpful.

I wonder if your long hospital hours in the past two years kept you away from the outdoors and it may just be related to a lack of sunlight and endogenous production of cholesteryl sulfate, which also, according to Stephanie Seneff, is one driver for blood flow separate from the heart's role in it.

Since its summer over there, more sun and increased intake of sulfur rich foods or MSM may be worth considering.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @yerrag and @ecstatichamster. I should probably start back on thyroid. I think all the work stress for the last couple of years really took a toll.

Z

Zsazsa

I think this article by Chris Masterjohn can be very useful for oxalate issues. TL;DR: focus on raising glutathione levels.

Glutamine + NAC + Collagen + Zn + Cu + Se helped me to overcome several food intolerances.

It is is available for free only until 10 PM Sunday night.

Motorneuron

Can food calcium plus squeezed lemon mimic calcium citrate?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Can food calcium plus squeezed lemon mimic calcium citrate?
There’s a really old thread around here where someone made their own calcium citrate with eggshells and lemon juice. I’ll try to find it sometime today.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals