Oxalate Toxicity

Literally

This issue has been on some people's radar for a long time, but this nutritionist brings a fresh perspective, and has paid for a lot of lab testing to sort through what she says is misleading info out on the web. She claims to have had some major healing from this. Dr. Mercola (interviewer) frankly looks better than he usually does to, after trying this for a while.

Any thoughts?

Oxalate Toxicity - Interview with Sally K. Norton - YouTube

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This issue has been on some people's radar for a long time, but this nutritionist brings a fresh perspective, and has paid for a lot of lab testing to sort through what she says is misleading info out on the web. She claims to have had some major healing from this. Dr. Mercola (interviewer) frankly looks better than he usually does to, after trying this for a while.

Any thoughts?

Oxalate Toxicity - Interview with Sally K. Norton - YouTube
I’ve been following low oxalate for about 7 months and it’s resolved multiple issues for me. It’s truly one of the best things I’ve stumbled upon. I think my early success with Peat was due in part to a diet of mostly fruit and dairy being naturally low oxalate.

OP
L

Literally

Thanks for sharing that. If you watch the video I'd be interested to know if you got anything out of it, i.e. what you think of her assertion that her info about oxalate content is better than other sources out there. She has a website and blog too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing that. If you watch the video I'd be interested to know if you got anything out of it, i.e. what you think of her assertion that her info about oxalate content is better than other sources out there. She has a website and blog too.
Will do. I’ve read her website and blog.

SQu

I’ve been following low oxalate for about 7 months and it’s resolved multiple issues for me. It’s truly one of the best things I’ve stumbled upon. I think my early success with Peat was due in part to a diet of mostly fruit and dairy being naturally low
Hi Blossom, what issues have improved? Have you been posting on these elsewhere on this now enormous forum?! I read Peat said the chemicals added to conventionally produced foods raise oxalates so I've been making sure to have organic chard only, but I don't like it much so it's only a couple of times a week for the vitamin k (along with liver).

OP
L

Literally

SQu I think some of these oxalate watchers would be horrified by chard twice a week. They would certainly encourage you to discard the cooking water.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom, what issues have improved? Have you been posting on these elsewhere on this now enormous forum?! I read Peat said the chemicals added to conventionally produced foods raise oxalates so I've been making sure to have organic chard only, but I don't like it much so it's only a couple of times a week for the vitamin k (along with liver).
I haven’t talked about it in depth anywhere yet. I’ve been much more reserved in talking about my experiences in the last couple of years just because I don’t want to get over confident until I know for certain what I’m doing is absolutely working well for me and I understand why.
Many of my menopause symptoms, vulvodynia, reoccurring yeast infections and interstitial cystitis have resolved or improved >80%.

LUH 3417

I haven’t talked about it in depth anywhere yet. I’ve been much more reserved in talking about my experiences in the last couple of years just because I don’t want to get over confident until I know for certain what I’m doing is absolutely working well for me and I understand why.
Many of my menopause symptoms, vulvodynia, reoccurring yeast infections and interstitial cystitis have resolved or improved >80%.
Do you eat the carrot salad? I notice it’s listed as high oxalate

victormgc

No, just mushrooms.
Do you drink OJ? Looks like the fruit has high amounts of oxalates, but the juice has little.

I have had calcium oxalate kidney stones since I was 8. Always thought it was related to the calcium not going to the right places, but maybe the oxalate is the problem.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do you drink OJ? Looks like the fruit has high amounts of oxalates, but the juice has little.

I have had calcium oxalate kidney stones since I was 8. Always thought it was related to the calcium not going to the right places, but maybe the oxalate is the problem.
I switched to lemonade over a year ago. There’s two groups one a yahoo group and the other on Facebook called trying-low-oxalates and by joining one or the other you can get an up to date and comprehensive list of foods ranging from low-high oxalates. Most of the foods have been lab tested. I found that very helpful early on.

SQu

Thanks Blossom
I understand. I'm very pleased to hear you're getting some big improvements!

Lollipop2

I watched the video and must admit, oxalate problems make a lot of sense. Sally Norton’s website has a few interesting blogs. Also the group @Blossom mentioned above has some serious research behind this subject. I do believe it is worth checking into.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
3A9FFAF4-4168-41ED-99FC-0D610945DCB0.png

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks Blossom, appreciate your input. :)
No problem, I’d prefer to see some hard science myself because I’ve heard the term endogenous producer thrown around but I don’t completely understand it myself.

Dave Clark

Anyone that likes antibiotics, like Peat does, and has oxalate issues, should consider the fact that antibiotics, as well as glyphosate, kill off the oxalobacter formigenes bacteria in the gut that breaks down oxalates. Maybe that is why more people are having issues these days with oxalates, since glyphosate and antibiotic use is rampant. I personally don't buy into Peat's love of antibiotics, they are weed killers, and when you spray weedkiller on your lawn, you kill off the grass as well, and the first thing to grow back is the weeds, this is quite evident with all the people that end up with fungal issues after antibiotic use. It only makes sense that maybe these natural bacteria, like the oxalobacter, are there for a purpose. Sterilizing the gut, as some here love to do, all for the purpose of reducing endotoxin, might very well be counter intuitive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals