Oxalate Toxicity

I’ve been following low oxalate for about 7 months and it’s resolved multiple issues for me. It’s truly one of the best things I’ve stumbled upon. I think my early success with Peat was due in part to a diet of mostly fruit and dairy being naturally low oxalate.
Me too! The grains, beans and potatoes give me achy legs at night, which makes sleeping so uncomfortable. Unfortunately oranges are high in oxalates too, so I have maybe 4 or 5 of them squeezed and strained every other day or three.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Awesome @tallglass13, I have continued to drink regular drip coffee without any noticeable oxalate related problems. I do feel cold brew seems irritate my bladder and cause more frequent urination for some reason but I haven’t been able to find if the oxalate content is actually higher in cold brew or not. You’ve probably read this but I’ll share it for anyone who might be interested.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Me too! The grains, beans and potatoes give me achy legs at night, which makes sleeping so uncomfortable. Unfortunately oranges are high in oxalates too, so I have maybe 4 or 5 of them squeezed and strained every other day or three.
Good deal, I always think it’s best to listen to your body!

Amazoniac

I agree, that’s a great find. Too bad a just swore off any more experimenting for the next 40 days or I’d be trying this tomorrow. :)
I’ll have to put it on the agenda for later.
:wave:

Do you notice an aggravation of oxalate issues with "vitamin" K supplementation? If so, how little it takes to observe an effect? Antagonism between them is supposed to occur only in high doses, yet we know that there are degrees of sensitivity, it might be possible for it to happen earlier and precipitate an insufficiency.

Jon2547

Anyone that likes antibiotics, like Peat does, and has oxalate issues, should consider the fact that antibiotics, as well as glyphosate, kill off the oxalobacter formigenes bacteria in the gut that breaks down oxalates. Maybe that is why more people are having issues these days with oxalates, since glyphosate and antibiotic use is rampant. I personally don't buy into Peat's love of antibiotics, they are weed killers, and when you spray weedkiller on your lawn, you kill off the grass as well, and the first thing to grow back is the weeds, this is quite evident with all the people that end up with fungal issues after antibiotic use. It only makes sense that maybe these natural bacteria, like the oxalobacter, are there for a purpose. Sterilizing the gut, as some here love to do, all for the purpose of reducing endotoxin, might very well be counter intuitive.
AGREED!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:wave:

Do you notice an aggravation of oxalate issues with "vitamin" K supplementation? If so, how little it takes to observe an effect? Antagonism between them is supposed to occur only in high doses, yet we know that there are degrees of sensitivity, it might be possible for it to happen earlier and precipitate an insufficiency.
No, I haven’t noticed anything with MK-4 but I usually only take about 1-3 mg and few times per week.

Jon2547

The bigger question is: why are some affected by oxalates and others not?

aniciete

Anyone that likes antibiotics, like Peat does, and has oxalate issues, should consider the fact that antibiotics, as well as glyphosate, kill off the oxalobacter formigenes bacteria in the gut that breaks down oxalates. Maybe that is why more people are having issues these days with oxalates, since glyphosate and antibiotic use is rampant. I personally don't buy into Peat's love of antibiotics, they are weed killers, and when you spray weedkiller on your lawn, you kill off the grass as well, and the first thing to grow back is the weeds, this is quite evident with all the people that end up with fungal issues after antibiotic use. It only makes sense that maybe these natural bacteria, like the oxalobacter, are there for a purpose. Sterilizing the gut, as some here love to do, all for the purpose of reducing endotoxin, might very well be counter intuitive.
I think this is what ****88 me up, doxycycline and too many carrots. Whenever I eat any higher oxalate foods my eczema comes right back and I have kidney pains. I also think many supplements burden your kidneys which makes oxalate issues even worse. Whenever I take b vitamins or magnesium I get all the symptoms I get from all high oxalate foods.

Dutchie

The bigger question is: why are some affected by oxalates and others not?
My guess is that it can be a combination of things: as Rinse said calcium intake, leaky gut, high oxalate food intake&overflown storage capacity, mold can produce oxalates, other infections (such as Lyme) create oxidative stress and ox.stress triggers oxalate production, endogenous oxalate production bc of vitamin deficincies...

Richiebogie

I’m ready to try adding some back in my diet.
Just in case anyone has a similar experience with IC/vulvodynia d-mannose is what resolved it for me. I knew there was more to the story when I hadn’t consumed an oxalate food in over a year an my symptoms came back with a vengeance from the antibiotics.
Hi Blossom, it sounds like trying to avoid all sources of oxalate can make you deficient in d-mannose which ironically causes our bodies to make oxalate.

Did adding low-oxalate fruit back to your carnivore diet reintroduce d-mannose, and lower total oxalate?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom, it sounds like trying to avoid all sources of oxalate can make you deficient in d-mannose which ironically causes our bodies to make oxalate.

Did adding low-oxalate fruit back to your carnivore diet reintroduce d-mannose, and lower total oxalate?
No. I’m back to not eating it. If I have a flare up it helps but it’s better for me to just stay low oxalate.

Richiebogie

Thanks for the update, @Blossom

It takes time and much experimentation to reverse engineer our bodies and work out the best fuel to get them to run smoothly!

yerrag

A fungus, mucor mucedo, produces oxalates. Since mainstream germ theory medicine is inadequately versed with fungal growth internally, pathologies cannot be resolved. Many times, the use of antibiotics result in fungal infestation and the antifungals used after antibiotic treatment are adequate to eliminate symptoms but inadequate to control the remaining colony of fungi, which is left to fester and to cause chronic conditions.

Mucor mucedo produces oxalate, or oxalic acid, a simple dicarboxylic acid that is one of the terminal metabolic products of many fungi and plants. It is well known to be toxic to higher animals, including humans, due to its local corrosive effect and affinity for calcium ions, which oxalate reacts with to form water-insoluble calcium crystals.

@Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A fungus, mucor mucedo, produces oxalates. Since mainstream germ theory medicine is inadequately versed with fungal growth internally, pathologies cannot be resolved. Many times, the use of antibiotics result in fungal infestation and the antifungals used after antibiotic treatment are adequate to eliminate symptoms but inadequate to control the remaining colony of fungi, which is left to fester and to cause chronic conditions.

Mucor mucedo produces oxalate, or oxalic acid, a simple dicarboxylic acid that is one of the terminal metabolic products of many fungi and plants. It is well known to be toxic to higher animals, including humans, due to its local corrosive effect and affinity for calcium ions, which oxalate reacts with to form water-insoluble calcium crystals.

@Blossom
Thanks yerrag. That makes perfect sense as all my oxalate issues started after 50 days on levaquin in 1999 plus many more antibiotics in the subsequent years.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Many times, the use of antibiotics result in fungal infestation and the antifungals used after antibiotic treatment are adequate to eliminate symptoms but inadequate to control the remaining colony of fungi, which is left to fester and to cause chronic conditions.
Do you have any ideas on how to deal with this situation?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals