Orange juice and body temperature drop

NatachaRose

A friend of mine has been adding a glass of fresh orange juice daily, and she is now experiencing a drop in body temperature.
She used to consistently be at 37 degrees, and now she mentions that she's consistently between 36.6 and 36.8.

I thought orange juice was supposed to help with thyroid functions.

Any thoughts?

P.S.: She always drinks it after eating four eggs, so I don't think this is a blood sugar issue.

Last edited:

LucH

Hi,
It could be a temporally problem with excess acid. Need to be evacuated. Wait 2 days more and add some citrates. Potassium citrates 900 mg x2 (or powder 1.5 gr). Twice a day.
With such amount of leucine (4 eggs), glycine is needed. Collagen or bone broth.
I suppose they are coming from free hens. Otherwise a lot of pufa's omega-6.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

@LucH

She drinks a gelatin latte after the orange juice, and plenty of gelatinous meats.

Thanks for the advice

InChristAlone

Fruit is a cooling food. Unless it's something like durian which has way more calories. If you are boosting thyroid, I personally think starch and fats do the job better.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

Fruit is a cooling food. Unless it's something like durian which has way more calories. If you are boosting thyroid, I personally think starch and fats do the job better.

That’s interesting! Thank you!

I personally drink orange juice after eating starch and I don’t experience any temp drop. That might be the reason why.
My friend, on the opposite, only has orange juice and sugar as a source of carbs for breakfast since incorporating a daily glass of orange juice.

A friend of mine has been adding a glass of fresh orange juice daily, and she is now experiencing a drop in body temperature.
She used to consistently be at 37 degrees, and now she mentions that she's consistently between 36.6 and 36.8.

I thought orange juice was supposed to help with thyroid functions.

Any thoughts?

P.S.: She always drinks it after eating four eggs, so I don't think this is a blood sugar issue.
Ray Peat says the tryptophan in one egg needs a lot of orange juice to balance it, and if they are corn and soy fed like most eggs are, RP says not to eat more than one a day. Store bought orange juice has it’s own issues too…

Rinse & rePeat:
“Good morning Dr. Peat, I hope the day finds you well! When do you think is the best time to consume eggs? Because of the sleepy tryptophan in the egg whites and their “powerful protein”. that you say needs a lot of sugar to balance, I would think they would be most beneficial at night . On the other hand you don’t recommend proteins at night, for better sleep, so maybe they are a better daytime food?”

RAY PEAT:
“Having only one egg per meal, with plenty of juice, there is seldom a problem. Blood sugar is more stable in the middle of the day.“

“Tryptophan, from dietary protein or from the catabolism of muscles, is turned into serotonin which activates the pituitary stress hormones, increasing cortisol, and intensifying catabolism, which releases more tryptophan. It suppresses thyroid function, which leads to an increased need for the stress hormones. Serotonin impairs glucose oxidation, and contributes to many of the problems associated with diabetes.” -Ray Peat

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

Ray Peat says the tryptophan in one egg needs a lot of orange juice to balance it, and if they are corn and soy fed like most eggs are, RP says not to eat more than one a day. Store bought orange juice has it’s own issues too…

Rinse & rePeat:
“Good morning Dr. Peat, I hope the day finds you well! When do you think is the best time to consume eggs? Because of the sleepy tryptophan in the egg whites and their “powerful protein”. that you say needs a lot of sugar to balance, I would think they would be most beneficial at night . On the other hand you don’t recommend proteins at night, for better sleep, so maybe they are a better daytime food?”

RAY PEAT:
“Having only one egg per meal, with plenty of juice, there is seldom a problem. Blood sugar is more stable in the middle of the day.“

“Tryptophan, from dietary protein or from the catabolism of muscles, is turned into serotonin which activates the pituitary stress hormones, increasing cortisol, and intensifying catabolism, which releases more tryptophan. It suppresses thyroid function, which leads to an increased need for the stress hormones. Serotonin impairs glucose oxidation, and contributes to many of the problems associated with diabetes.” -Ray Peat
She’s drinking it fresh and eggs are great quality.

Thanks for the reply!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals