No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

Dr. B

I am sharing this light subject as I learn it. I know somebody who has prolactin issues and light is a big player in her condition. Here is another Ray Peat quote that should answer your question.

"The contribution of bright light to retinal damage in babies has been denied in several recent publications, and these articles undoubtedly provide useful material for defense lawyers to use when hospitals are sued for causing blindness. One publication based on experiments with kittens concludes that bright light does not harm the newborn’s retina, but the comparison is between continuous light and intermittent light, rather than between bright light and dim light. Twelve hours of total darkness, rather than sparing the eye by reducing its exposure to light, would sensitize the eye. The only reason such appalling things can be published is that their conclusions protect the hospitals." -Ray Peat
what happens to her from bright light?
i thought there have been other quotes mentioning light is good, to avoid darkness etc...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
what happens to her from bright light?
i thought there have been other quotes mentioning light is good, to avoid darkness etc...

She has high prolactin levels and going from darkness to light raises them even more. During the night is when her stress really kicks in. So she is doing what Ray Peat suggests, and instead she is staying in dim light rather than darkness, so when she does go into bright sunlight it doesn't raise her stress, prolactin, levels even more.

Dr. B

She has high prolactin levels and going from darkness to light raises them even more. During the night is when her stress really kicks in. So she is doing what Ray Peat suggests, and instead she is staying in dim light rather than darkness, so when she does go into bright sunlight it doesn't raise her stress, prolactin, levels even more.
how does she know its higher from the light, is she producing milk?

OP
Rinse & rePeat

She doesn't doesn't have a baby. She high prolactin levels that makes her body severly shake from stress and she gets panic attacks that can make her hyperventilate. She was in the hospital a couple of months ago from a panic attack that had her hyperventing so bad that she was partially paralyzed afterwards for a couple of hours.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Also a few years ago she was diagnosed with "Prolactinoma" which is "a hormone-secreting tumor on the pituitary gland". It went away, but too much time indoors, a diet with too many estrogens and PUFA's and stress had it returning again, with a vengence.

Dr. B

I am sharing this light subject as I learn it. I know somebody who has prolactin issues and light is a big player in her condition. Here is another Ray Peat quote that should answer your question.

"The contribution of bright light to retinal damage in babies has been denied in several recent publications, and these articles undoubtedly provide useful material for defense lawyers to use when hospitals are sued for causing blindness. One publication based on experiments with kittens concludes that bright light does not harm the newborn’s retina, but the comparison is between continuous light and intermittent light, rather than between bright light and dim light. Twelve hours of total darkness, rather than sparing the eye by reducing its exposure to light, would sensitize the eye. The only reason such appalling things can be published is that their conclusions protect the hospitals." -Ray Peat
im curious what Ray thinks about bright light for adults? theres some websites promoting things like sungazing to help heal the eyes and improve vision naturally? i think some of them want you looking at the sun directly or something!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
im curious what Ray thinks about bright light for adults? theres some websites promoting things like sungazing to help heal the eyes and improve vision naturally? i think some of them want you looking at the sun directly or something!

I don't know about sungazing, that seems a little extreme and we know what Ray usually says about extreme things. From what I have read it is the extreme contrast between dark and lightness that is the problem. The eyes are delicate and puting stress on them for any reason would be no good.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Since the 1930s, estrogen's toxic potential has become very clear. However, the estrogen industry doesn't want people to understand what estrogen is, because it is the source of billions of dollars per year for them. Estrogen is a shock hormone with pro-aging effects. In the 1930s and 1940s Loeb, Lipschutz, the Shutes, Selye, L.C. Strong, and others showed that it causes cancer, excessive clotting of the blood, shock, miscarriage, and tissue degeneration, but at the same time, the shills of the drug companies were promoting its use for preventing miscarriages and even for preventing the complications of pregnancy and toxemia it was known to cause." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"After the drug companies began, in the late 1950s, marketing some newly discovered (thiazide) diuretics, which cause sodium to be lost in the urine, their advertising campaigns created a cultish belief that salt caused hypertension. They convinced a whole generation of physicians that pregnant women should limit salt in their diet, take a diuretic preventively, and restrict calories to prevent "excessive" weight gain. Millions of women and their babies were harmed by that cult." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"(CNN)Toxic heavy metals damaging to your baby's brain development are likely in the baby food you are feeding your infant, according to a new investigation published Thursday.

Tests of 168 baby foods from major manufacturers in the US found 95% contained lead, 73% contained arsenic, 75% contained cadmium and 32% contained mercury. One fourth of the foods contained all four heavy metals."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Since the custom of giving large iron supplements to pregnant women has been established, there has been an increase in jaundice of the newborn. It has been observed that women who didn't take iron supplements during pregnancy have healthy babies that don't develop jaundice. I have suggested that this could be because they haven't been poisoned by iron. Those supplements could also be a factor in the increased incidence of childhood cancer." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Many babies are being given milk substitutes (health food drinks) made from soy or rice, with terrible consequences. The same products used by adults have less disastrous effects in the short term, but are still likely to contribute to degeneration and dementia." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Obstetricians, as recently as old people that I knew, old doctors in the 1970’s were still aware of the fact that their so-called diabetic mothers very often had extremely precocious babies. I talked to one woman who was told to go on a reducing diet because of her previous pregnancies. She had had very high blood sugar, and I asked her how that baby had turned out. She said, "Oh, he taught himself to read when he was two years old. When he was four he was already wearing adult hat sizes”, which is basically an extension of what Zamenhof demonstrated with chicken embryo development. Sugar is the limiting factor, usually, in brain development. In the 1970’s, doctors were looking for new diseases to treat, and diabetes was extended to include the very completely new concept of gestational diabetes. And where a 130 blood sugar had been considered very healthy for a pregnant woman, they now wanted to restrain the level of blood sugar during pregnancy. And they started calling it a disease. “gestational diabetes”, that really was just a healthy pregnancy in most cases." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If the normal amount of dietary iron causes an increased susceptibility to infections even in children, and if a subnormal amount of iron slows the aging process, I think we are going to have to reconsider our ideas of nutritional adequacy, to look at the long range effects of diet, as well as the immediate effects. My current studies have to do with analyzing our ability to handle stress safely, in relation to our diet. I believe our nutritional recommendations for iron have to be revised sharply downward." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I have been concerned about the probable effects on the fetus of the silly panting respiration that is being taught to so many pregnant women, to use during labor. Panting blows out so much carbon dioxide that it causes vasoconstriction. Possibly the uterus is protected against this, and possibly the fetus produces enough carbon dioxide that it is protected, but this isn’t known. Especially if the mother is hypothyroid, it seems that this could interfere with the delivery of oxygen to the fetus. Besides vasoconstriction, Buteyko points out that the Bohr effect, in which CO2 causes hemoglobin to release oxygen, means that a low level of carbon dioxide decreases the availability of oxygen. If the Bohr effect applies to fetal hemoglobin, then this suggests that the mother’s panting will deprive the fetal tissues of oxygen." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"There is a known correlation between radiation and birth defects. Because of this, a pregnant woman should not get a CT scan, especially during the first three months of pregnancy. “Birth defects, which are often believed to be a major concern, only occur with much higher dose exposure in early pregnancy (the first three months),” says the Emergency Care Institute of New South Wales. The risk increases if the scan is on the abdomen. If there is any chance of pregnancy, the doctor may suggest a different test or put off the procedure for the duration of the pregnancy."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"However, a new study to be published in the August issue of Environmental International has revealed that beloved broken-in couches may be shedding noxious dust in your home at alarming levels, according to researchers at the Silent Spring Institute.

“These are real risks,” said Kathryn Rodgers, a scientist and lead author. Studies have shown that these dangerous substances are associated with hormone disruption, immunosuppression, some cancers and, most concerningly, problems in fetal and early childhood development."

P

Peatness

1639592228135.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals