No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
even grass fed beef or dairy will give you 1.5g PUFA per 50g of total fat
to be at 1g pufa or less, youd need to limit total fat intake to like 40g from beef/dairy, you couldnt have any eggs
or you could do skim milk/2% milk, and use only coconut oil for fats!

Maybe that's why Ray Peat recommends getting proteins from mostly dairy, gelatin and shellfish.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"At birth, the baby’s mitochondria contain a phospholipid, cardiolipin, containing palmitic acid, but as the baby eats foods containing polyunsaturated fatty acids, the palmitic acid in cardiolipin is replaced by the unsaturated fats. As the cardiolipin becomes more unsaturated, it becomes less stable, and less able to support the activity of the crucial respiratory enzyme, cytochrome oxidase. The respiratory activity of the mitochondria declines as the polyunsaturated oils replace palmitic acid, and this change corresponds to the life-long decline of the person’s metabolic rate." -Ray Peat, PhD

OP
Rinse & rePeat
JanW55 just posted this in another thread. No wonder babies are so collicky!

"I recall reading back in the 1970s that "modified starch" was first invented to put into baby food (the jarred vegetables type) because it would not be digestible by human saliva. Seems that the adults feeding the infants were finding that the contents were getting "digested" due to the spoons being repeatedly placed back in the jars and this "didn't look good" so there were complaints. (Presumably the baby food manufacturers originally assumed the adults would toss out the jars after one feeding and therefore would not reopen the jars and dish out the contents on a second occasion, the next day or whenever. Therefore they invented this "starch.") I just searched on these terms and there are patents around creating "stabilized baby food" and so on . ALSO, I see that tapioca is mentioned which I recently found out is the same as cassava, which is a cyanide-containing goitrogen."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Autistic children and their relatives have high concentrations of serotonin in their serum and platelets. Members of a family tend to eat the same foods and to share other environmental conditions. Prenatal hypothyroidism and various kinds of imprinting, including hyperestrogenism, could account for this. Some studies have reported that thyroid supplements help autistic children, and anti-serotonin drugs have caused improvement in both children and adults." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is such a sad way for a baby to start their life, injecting so much crap in them. Unfortunately I vaxxed my sons as babies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-160232_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-160232_Drive.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211007-160238_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-160238_Drive.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211007-160244_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-160244_Drive.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 8
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Autistic children and their relatives have high concentrations of serotonin in their serum and platelets. Members of a family tend to eat the same foods and to share other environmental conditions. Prenatal hypothyroidism and various kinds of imprinting, including hyperestrogenism, could account for this. Some studies have reported that thyroid supplements help autistic children, and anti-serotonin drugs have caused improvement in both children and adults." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In a young person, good food, sunlight, and a high altitude can often overcome severe and progressive inflammatory conditions. In an older person, whose tissues contain larger amounts of polyunsaturated fats and their breakdown products, it takes more environmental support to get out of the inflammatory pattern.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The use of adequate protein and saturated fats during pregnancy will prevent many of the problems of pregnancy and infancy, but since the unsaturated fats remain stored in the tissues for many years, and are mobilized during stress, it’s important to eat correctly long before pregnancy. The requirement for vitamin E remains high for years after the diet has contained an excess of the polyunsatured fats. The diet which protects the developing fetus happens to be the diet that protects adults from all sorts of stress, and prevents many of the worst symptoms of aging.”-Ray Peat

Dr. B

“In a young person, good food, sunlight, and a high altitude can often overcome severe and progressive inflammatory conditions. In an older person, whose tissues contain larger amounts of polyunsaturated fats and their breakdown products, it takes more environmental support to get out of the inflammatory pattern.” -Ray Peat
how important is the sunlight
its really difficult to get sunlight and high altitude if you dont live in the right place
can thiamine and vitamin d help to make up for the little sunlight and high altitude

OP
Rinse & rePeat
RP uses vitamin D on his skin during the winter, but early morning sun he says is best. I couldn't comment about supplimenting thiamine because I never have.

Dr. B

RP uses vitamin D on his skin during the winter, but early morning sun he says is best. I couldn't comment about supplimenting thiamine because I never have.
early morning is because theres less UV or something like that right?
on many health related websites and fitness sites, many naturopath doctors advise getting it in the middle of the day claiming that the sun is strongest then

OP
Rinse & rePeat
early morning is because theres less UV or something like that right?
on many health related websites and fitness sites, many naturopath doctors advise getting it in the middle of the day claiming that the sun is strongest then

I always heard that too, to get your vitamin D when the sun is straight overhead, but RP says the hottest part of the day raises stress hormones.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"In 1974, when I decided to write Nutrition for Women, I was motivated by the awful treatment I saw women receiving, especially during pregnancy, from physicians and dietitians. Despite the research of people like the Shutes and the Biskinds, there were still "educated" and influential people who said that the mother's diet had no influence on the baby. (That strange attitude affects many aspects of behavior and opinion.)

How can people believe that the mother's diet has no effect on the baby's health? Textbooks used to talk about the "insulated" fetus, which would get sufficient nutrients from the mother's body even if she were starving. To "prove" the doctrine, it was pointed out that the fetus gets enough iron to make blood even when the mother is anemic. In the last few years, the recognition that smoking, drinking, and using other drugs can harm the baby has helped to break down the doctrine of "insulation," but there is still not a medical culture in which the effects of diet on the physiology of pregnancy are appreciated. This is because of a mistaken idea about the nature of the organism and its development. "Genes make the organism," according to this doctrine, and if there are congenital defects in the baby, the genes are responsible. A simple sort of causality flows from the genes to the finished organism, according to that idea. It was taught that if "the genes" are really bad, the defective baby can make the mother sick, and she contributed to the baby's bad genes. The idea isn't completely illogical, but it isn't based on reality, and it is demonstrably false. (Race, age and parity have no effect on incidence of cerebral palsy; low birth weight and complications of pregnancy are associated with it: J. F. Eastman, "Obstetrical background of 753 cases of cerebral palsy," Obstet. Gynecol. Surv. 17, 459-497, 1962.)" -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Old organisms, like newborns, are easily injured by all sorts of inappropriate excitation. As in premature babies, the aged eyes, lungs, and brain are especially sensitive to damage by stress. But all organs are subject to the same kinds of damage. Medical treatments for respiratory distress and macular degeneration in old people are often the same as those used so inappropriately for babies. The good health practices that can prevent the inflammatory and degenerative diseases can often make it possible for damaged tissues to recover, even in old age." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The use of synthetic glucocorticoid hormone is standard in treating very premature babies, although it is known to contribute to eye damage. This is because it is considered necessary to improve the lung function of premature babies with respiratory distress. But there is no clear evidence that it is beneficial for lung function in the long run, and very clear evidence that it damages the brain and other organs. There is widespread agreement regarding the use of the glucocorticoids prenatally to accelerate lung development in women who seem likely to deliver prematurely. Natural cortisol is a factor that promotes lung development prenatally. But cortisol is also a signal produced by a stressed fetus, that triggers the birth process. Cortisol, or the synthetic glucocorticoid, inhibits progesterone production, and stimulates estrogen production, activating uterine contractions and other processes that terminate the pregnancy.
Apparently, it doesn’t occur to many people that administering the glucocorticoid triggers premature birth, creating the problem they are intending to treat." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Creating a “deficiency” of DHA, even when an oil of known toxicity is used to replace the omega -3 oils, prevents retinal damage from light. Despite evidence of this sort, Mead Johnson is going ahead with the marketing of its baby formula containing added DHA which is industrially extracted from algae. (Although the researchers who claim that DHA is beneficial haven’t answered my letters, a representative of the company that manufactures it did answer my question about the actual composition of the oil, and acknowledged that they don’t have any idea what the minor ingredients might be.)" -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The fetus accumulates a very large amount of iron, and it absorbs melatonin from the maternal circulation. Prolactin is sometimes elevated in the newborn. Premature babies are often given extra oxygen, which tends to cause vasoconstriction by displacing carbon dioxide. Melatonin’s ability to cause vasoconstriction means that stress makes supplemental oxygen more toxic. Synthetic glucocorticoids are often given to premature babies, adding to the risk of retinal damage." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"When the mother has been given iron supplements during pregnancy, along with unsaturated oils in the diet, the baby is likely to be born with a vitamin E deficiency and suppressed thyroid function, increasing the probability that it will be jaundiced, leading to treatment of the jaundice with exposure to very bright light." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

"When the mother has been given iron supplements during pregnancy, along with unsaturated oils in the diet, the baby is likely to be born with a vitamin E deficiency and suppressed thyroid function, increasing the probability that it will be jaundiced, leading to treatment of the jaundice with exposure to very bright light." -Ray Peat
is very bright light harmful or beneficial based on this quote? is he saying its bad

"The fetus accumulates a very large amount of iron, and it absorbs melatonin from the maternal circulation. Prolactin is sometimes elevated in the newborn. Premature babies are often given extra oxygen, which tends to cause vasoconstriction by displacing carbon dioxide. Melatonin’s ability to cause vasoconstriction means that stress makes supplemental oxygen more toxic. Synthetic glucocorticoids are often given to premature babies, adding to the risk of retinal damage." -Ray Peat

doesnt caffeine also cause vasoconstriction?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
is very bright light harmful or beneficial based on this quote? is he saying its bad

doesnt caffeine also cause vasoconstriction?
I am sharing this light subject as I learn it. I know somebody who has prolactin issues and light is a big player in her condition. Here is another Ray Peat quote that should answer your question.

"The contribution of bright light to retinal damage in babies has been denied in several recent publications, and these articles undoubtedly provide useful material for defense lawyers to use when hospitals are sued for causing blindness. One publication based on experiments with kittens concludes that bright light does not harm the newborn’s retina, but the comparison is between continuous light and intermittent light, rather than between bright light and dim light. Twelve hours of total darkness, rather than sparing the eye by reducing its exposure to light, would sensitize the eye. The only reason such appalling things can be published is that their conclusions protect the hospitals." -Ray Peat

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals