News article on Fake Meat

joaquin

Bad News for Beyond Meat

Beyond Meat Gets More Bad News: Leaked Docs Reveal What's Been Found in Product, Horrid Conditions​

By Richard Moorhead
thefederalistpapers.org

A food processing plant belonging to one of the biggest faux meat companies is riddled with bacteria and food safety violations.
Internal documents and photos from the Beyond Meat plant in metro Philadelphia paint a picture of dangerous conditions with possible repercussions for consumers.
Bloomberg obtained the evidence from plant whistleblowers, publishing the findings in a Monday report.
A food safety attorney interviewed by Bloomberg indicated that the conditions at the plant were seriously unhygienic.
“If neat and tidy is one and filthy is 10, I’d put this at an eight,” attorney Bill Marler said of the plant.
“Mold growth takes a while — that underscores a lack of cleanliness.”
Purported photos from the faux meat plant — a 45-minute drive on the Pennsylvania Turnpike from Philadelphia — show mold growing on walls, as well as soiled containers used in food preparation.
Photos and internal documents from a Beyond Meat plant in Pennsylvania show apparent mold, Listeria and other food-safety issues, compounding problems at a factory the company had expected to play a major role in its future Bloomberg - Are you a robot? pic.twitter.com/CdjeGR9EbK
— Bloomberg (@business) November 21, 2022
Plant-based “meats” manufactured at the facility were found infected with the bacteria Listeria at least 11 different times since the second half of 2021, according to documents obtained by Bloomberg.
The food-borne infectious bacteria can cause illness for those who consume it, and it contains serious health risks for pregnant women, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
The FDA is yet to make a safety inspection of Beyond Meat’s Pennsylvania facility since the public company acquired the plant, according to Bloomberg.
Internal plant documents also suggested that inorganic materials like wood, string and metal had been found inside Beyond Meat products engineered at the facility.
In spite of this, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture “found no instances of nonconformance with regulations,” hailing Beyond Meat’s food safety protocols in reports that followed March and September plant visits, according to Bloomberg.
Beyond Meat declined to comment when questioned on the documents and photos by Bloomberg.
The company produces plant-based products made to resemble hamburger patties, sausages, and other staple meats.
Economic prospects for the faux meat industry have taken a turn for the worse in 2022, with demand for the chemically engineered meat alternatives failing to materialize as investors anticipated.
Proponents of fake meat point to it as an environmentally preferable alternative to the animal products that humans have consumed for thousands of years.
This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Bad News for Beyond Meat

Beyond Meat Gets More Bad News: Leaked Docs Reveal What's Been Found in Product, Horrid Conditions​

By Richard Moorhead
thefederalistpapers.org

A food processing plant belonging to one of the biggest faux meat companies is riddled with bacteria and food safety violations.
Internal documents and photos from the Beyond Meat plant in metro Philadelphia paint a picture of dangerous conditions with possible repercussions for consumers.
Bloomberg obtained the evidence from plant whistleblowers, publishing the findings in a Monday report.
A food safety attorney interviewed by Bloomberg indicated that the conditions at the plant were seriously unhygienic.
“If neat and tidy is one and filthy is 10, I’d put this at an eight,” attorney Bill Marler said of the plant.
“Mold growth takes a while — that underscores a lack of cleanliness.”
Purported photos from the faux meat plant — a 45-minute drive on the Pennsylvania Turnpike from Philadelphia — show mold growing on walls, as well as soiled containers used in food preparation.

Plant-based “meats” manufactured at the facility were found infected with the bacteria Listeria at least 11 different times since the second half of 2021, according to documents obtained by Bloomberg.
The food-borne infectious bacteria can cause illness for those who consume it, and it contains serious health risks for pregnant women, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
The FDA is yet to make a safety inspection of Beyond Meat’s Pennsylvania facility since the public company acquired the plant, according to Bloomberg.
Internal plant documents also suggested that inorganic materials like wood, string and metal had been found inside Beyond Meat products engineered at the facility.
In spite of this, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture “found no instances of nonconformance with regulations,” hailing Beyond Meat’s food safety protocols in reports that followed March and September plant visits, according to Bloomberg.
Beyond Meat declined to comment when questioned on the documents and photos by Bloomberg.
The company produces plant-based products made to resemble hamburger patties, sausages, and other staple meats.
Economic prospects for the faux meat industry have taken a turn for the worse in 2022, with demand for the chemically engineered meat alternatives failing to materialize as investors anticipated.
Proponents of fake meat point to it as an environmentally preferable alternative to the animal products that humans have consumed for thousands of years.
This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.
“Mystery meat” is creepy enough, but what a hot mess this is! Boy am I ever glad with each passing day that I gave up being a vegetarian.

Don

Did anyone else notice when the plandemic was getting started and people were buying up food like crazy the fake meat shelves were always full and there were no quantity limits. No one wanted this crap ! I also read an interesting article(cant find it now) that demand has been very poor and these companies are not doing well. I mean our "masters" will just throw more money at them, maybe some will go under if this recession turns into the real deal.

stoic

Did anyone else notice when the plandemic was getting started and people were buying up food like crazy the fake meat shelves were always full and there were no quantity limits. No one wanted this crap ! I also read an interesting article(cant find it now) that demand has been very poor and these companies are not doing well. I mean our "masters" will just throw more money at them, maybe some will go under if this recession turns into the real deal.
My local grocery store has entire shelves full of mostly unsold fake meat and dairy products, but almost no organic meat and dairy products available. What's more, the latter are so few and so in demand that they are almost always out of stock. In the absence of any business logic, the only reasonable explanation is that they are being paid by the powers that be to indirectly force us to give up our healthy diets.

Don

My local grocery store has entire shelves full of mostly unsold fake meat and dairy products, but almost no organic meat and dairy products available. What's more, the latter are so few and so in demand that they are almost always out of stock. In the absence of any business logic, the only reasonable explanation is that they are being paid by the powers that be to indirectly force us to give up our healthy diets.
I am in western BC Canada and so far meat supplies been pretty good even at wholepaycheck. I have noticed the fake meat does not take up much space in the meat department these days, so all in all encouraging signs. Where are you located ? and yes they will be trying to force us to eat this crap, but only if we let them !

Veritas IV

Yes, had noticed and even brought it to people's attention elsewhere.

And i mean, really? Sheets of mold coating the wall? Clean that hazardous filth.

I wonder if the employees reported it to outside authorities anonymously ...

Coupled with lack of interest, incidences like this do not bode well for a company's future.

stoic

I am in western BC Canada and so far meat supplies been pretty good even at wholepaycheck. I have noticed the fake meat does not take up much space in the meat department these days, so all in all encouraging signs. Where are you located ? and yes they will be trying to force us to eat this crap, but only if we let them !
Western Europe (prefer not to say where).

People here are overwhelmingly passive, susceptible and obedient, so I wouldn't really expect there to be much resistance sadly.

Don

Western Europe (prefer not to say where).

People here are overwhelmingly passive, susceptible and obedient, so I wouldn't really expect there to be much resistance sadly.
Makes sense, EU seems crazy on their anti meat agenda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals