Nervous System Problem?

Samurai Drive

Hey all,

Just need to offload somewhere.

I've been peating so to speak for 5 years or so.

Learnt lots. Some major improvements.
Yet I think I have been suffering with the chronic fatigue syndrome for decades. Hoped peating would wipe it away. Not quite.

When I'm not working I'm not always happy but it feels good to not be exhausted and stressed. I get about six months of living off the government money before they start pushing me.
I submit easily as I like the idea of working and earning, I've worked around 3 years and not worked for 3 years in the past six, usually 6 month cycles.
I'm at the end of another 6 month cycle and am just feeling OK again but today I was due to start a job, late shift.

I've decided not to go. Relief and of course soon to feel guilt as they will be short in the kitchen today.

I've barely slept all night my whole system has frozen, had real trouble breathing.

So.. has anyone have knowledge experience of cfs and nervous system issues. I'm super sensitive to things and just noise and whatnot but also then feel exhausted. Inside both sympathetic and parasympathetic are over exitable.

I probably just don't wanna work in a shoddy job, love sitting in the sun and left to my own resources feel content mostly.

If you've read thus thanks just need to vent I guess.

Jonk

Hey all,

Just need to offload somewhere.

I've been peating so to speak for 5 years or so.

Learnt lots. Some major improvements.
Yet I think I have been suffering with the chronic fatigue syndrome for decades. Hoped peating would wipe it away. Not quite.

When I'm not working I'm not always happy but it feels good to not be exhausted and stressed. I get about six months of living off the government money before they start pushing me.
I submit easily as I like the idea of working and earning, I've worked around 3 years and not worked for 3 years in the past six, usually 6 month cycles.
I'm at the end of another 6 month cycle and am just feeling OK again but today I was due to start a job, late shift.

I've decided not to go. Relief and of course soon to feel guilt as they will be short in the kitchen today.

I've barely slept all night my whole system has frozen, had real trouble breathing.

So.. has anyone have knowledge experience of cfs and nervous system issues. I'm super sensitive to things and just noise and whatnot but also then feel exhausted. Inside both sympathetic and parasympathetic are over exitable.

I probably just don't wanna work in a shoddy job, love sitting in the sun and left to my own resources feel content mostly.

If you've read thus thanks just need to vent I guess.
I have a lot of similar symptoms as you. How's your digestion? And if you don't mind me asking, how's your relationship to food? Difficult eating enough? Particular foods you are reacting to etc?

EustaceBagge

I'm dealing with the same stuff and I think that while metabolism is needed, we truly need to learn how to "take it easy". It really is a skill being able to see into your stress and also to be able to relax in complicated situations. For the longest time I didn't even realize I was stressed, but this insight explains a lot to me. In our modern world many people are stressed without knowing, and the cause may be metabolic (diet), but it may also be mental (resilience) or emotional (trauma). In a stressed state you truly can't think rationally, and it explains a lot of irrational behavior and hypocrisy from politics being shoved under the carpet, people simply can't think as they're too stressed to do so. It is a societal issue, and even people that seemingly "function", can break down at any time or get a weird illness while they were supposedly healthy. "Oh he worked 8 hours a day and had a comfortable life, we don't know why he suddenly got x or y"...

The fact that you already realize something is wrong means your probably more sensitive than the average person, but this is also your pitfall. This can include being self-critical, which means that you shouldn't judge yourself for a set arbitrary standard. If you truly believe your right, and if you truly believe humans are inherently good, or at least you are, you can take it easy and things will resolve on their own once your recovered. Because if your lazy, the laziness may be resolved in 2 ways, a) you double down on the laziness and TRULY relax (without mental torture about unmet expectations), or b) you force yourself to work to "shock" the system into working (won't work if your burnt out or low cortisol, chronic damage possible).
Of course you need to tune into your body and let the emotions and feelings out and make sure your metabolism is robust enough to handle the load. Escapism is a big nono as it numbs everything and doesn't allow you to recover, unless you use it to relax while acknowledging the problem.

At least I hope this is the case because I'm going through similar situations. How do you feel going through a 6 month work cycle, does it exhaust you and do you do it out of necessity? What helps you to keep running?

A thread on the issue from a Peaty standpoint, fix metabolism but most importantly don't get into a chronically stressed state for whatever reason. If the issue is chronic, fixing it will be very difficult. What happens is that you get a certain stressor, it then raises cortisol, and if you don't remove the stressor (which may be a trauma which causes prolonged cortisol release even though the event may have passed already) your body starts looking for ways to cope with it. If your metabolism is robust you may fare better, but in the end the chronic stress will change the shape of your brain and the stress will basically become a part of your existence. Your baseline cortisol will be what a healthy person finds stressful.

So you want a good metabolism, fearlessness to tackle traumas if they pop up, and mentally to be able to take it easy for a prolonged amount of time to truly revert the brain back to a healthy shape (if the issue is chronic). Very difficult, especially on the mental side, because you will feel something that makes you constantly restless. Internet addiction and scouring countless websites for useless information is typically a symptom of this.

Last edited:

Jonk

I'm dealing with the same stuff and I think that while metabolism is needed, we truly need to learn how to "take it easy". It really is a skill being able to see into your stress and also to be able to relax in complicated situations. For the longest time I didn't even realize I was stressed, but this insight explains a lot to me. In our modern world many people are stressed without knowing, and the cause may be metabolic (diet), but it may also be mental (resilience) or emotional (trauma). In a stressed state you truly can't think rationally, and it explains a lot of irrational behavior and hypocrisy from politics being shoved under the carpet, people simply can't think as they're too stressed to do so. It is a societal issue, and even people that seemingly "function", can break down at any time or get a weird illness while they were supposedly healthy. "Oh he worked 8 hours a day and had a comfortable life, we don't know why he suddenly got x or y"...

The fact that you already realize something is wrong means your probably more sensitive than the average person, but this is also your pitfall. This can include not being self-critical, which means that you shouldn't judge yourself for a set arbitrary standard. If you truly believe your right, and if you truly believe humans are inherently good, or at least you are, you can take it easy and things will resolve on their own once your recovered. Because if your lazy, the laziness may be resolved in 2 ways, a) you double down on the laziness and TRULY relax (without mental torture about unmet expectations), or b) you force yourself to work to "shock" the system into working (won't work if your burnt out or low cortisol, chronic damage possible).
Of course you need to tune into your body and let the emotions and feelings out and make sure your metabolism is robust enough to handle the load. Escapism is a big nono as it numbs everything and doesn't allow you to recover, unless you use it to relax while acknowledging the problem.

At least I hope this is the case because I'm going through similar situations. How do you feel going through a 6 month work cycle, does it exhaust you and do you do it out of necessity? What helps you to keep running?
Wow, very well put. And I agree. Mental, emotional and general stress will in the long term cause degenerative conditions like intestinal ulcers, hormonal imbalances etc. I think in many ways the physical manifestations of disease are just prolonged states of stress, and if those states aren't addressed the body won't heal. Hence why it's probably wise having sort of a two-pronged approach to ones healing journey, mental/physical. I noticed just a couple of days ago I had a serious dip in mood and essentially outlook on life. Although I'm fairly good at recognizing this mental pattern and often the physical conditions for it to occur, it can take even a few days before I decide to break the pattern. This negative pattern is usually a lot of negative self talk and eating way too little food. Being aware of how our physiology affects this has helped me tremendously, like how the mental stress almost always is accompanied by something like stressed intestines and low blood sugar.

mostlylurking

Yes, I've had decades of dealing with both of these. I was also hypersensitive to lights (flashing) and noises, also to all environmental toxins. I was able to recover with Acella desiccated thyroid via a good endocrinologist AND high dose thiamine hcl.

I have heavy metal poisoning, mainly lead and mercury. Heavy metals bind to thiamine, making it unavailable for the body's needs. High dosing thiamine resolved all of my symptoms.

Other things damage thiamine function besides heavy metals; pharmaceutical drugs, high sugar intake, coffee, black tea, thiaminase foods are some.

suggested reading:

EustaceBagge

Other things damage thiamine function besides heavy metals; pharmaceutical drugs, high sugar intake, coffee, black tea, thiaminase foods are some.
Besides the pharmaceutical drugs part, the fact that sugar damages thiamine function is wrong. It doesn't damage it, it just uses it up, so a combination of high carbs + thiamine is a recipe for good mitochondrial function. Same is somewhat applicable to caffeinated drinks, they boost metabolism so you need more thiamine to ensure good burning of sugar. Just avoid them with high b1 meals because they inhibit b vitamin absorption somewhat. Also add magnesium to your list, a lot of people are deficient and it is also necessary to ensure healthy metabolism.

At this point I just believe that most people already know what they need to know, and a lot of the issues we face are mental.

Wow, very well put. And I agree. Mental, emotional and general stress will in the long term cause degenerative conditions like intestinal ulcers, hormonal imbalances etc. I think in many ways the physical manifestations of disease are just prolonged states of stress, and if those states aren't addressed the body won't heal. Hence why it's probably wise having sort of a two-pronged approach to ones healing journey, mental/physical. I noticed just a couple of days ago I had a serious dip in mood and essentially outlook on life. Although I'm fairly good at recognizing this mental pattern and often the physical conditions for it to occur, it can take even a few days before I decide to break the pattern. This negative pattern is usually a lot of negative self talk and eating way too little food. Being aware of how our physiology affects this has helped me tremendously, like how the mental stress almost always is accompanied by something like stressed intestines and low blood sugar.
Yes the negative self-talk is your inner critic which sensitive + ambitious people have. See it for what it is, a critic, it is something to maybe take advice from, but not something to look up to as a standard. Being faithful helps, what matters is not your own plan for yourself, but what is God's plan for you. If you can let go of the notion that we as humans are self-reliant, you can start looking for family/community/God for help, it will ease your burden. Especially God. So don't sit too long in your "own world". Good luck.

Jonk

Yes the negative self-talk is your inner critic which sensitive + ambitious people have. See it for what it is, a critic, it is something to maybe take advice from, but not something to look up to as a standard. Being faithful helps, what matters is not your own plan for yourself, but what is God's plan for you. If you can let go of the notion that we as humans are self-reliant, you can start looking for family/community/God for help, it will ease your burden. Especially God. So don't sit too long in your "own world". Good luck.
Thanks man, yeah I'm actually procrastinating with not contacting a priest/church. I feel like I'm "an outsider" contacting an Assyrian orthodox church but I don't really have any good arguments for not contacting them and at least taking a step in the right direction. I'm in Sweden and I don't have faith in the protestant/lutheran denomination, which otherwise would be culturally more similar to me.

OP
S

Samurai Drive

Thanks for the reply, yeah after 5 years if peating im starting to relax diet wise, especially with rays last comments about protien and methianine. Initially created anarchy in me as I saw protien as the great redeemer. But actually my new eating rhythm seems more enjoyable. I'm not drinking 2ltrs of milk a day anymore, more like 1 litre, max.
My first meal is light black tea with a splash of milk and sugar. The British way, I enjoy this tbh. A little fruit maybe then oat bran with salt sugar.
More tea or coffee the later I've been liking custard and fruit, may have some cheese or liver pate.

Then dinner,this is where I get my 30 grams of protien and say 70 grams carbs and 20 sat fat. Enjoying cooking , rice,potatoes eggs cheese, some days meat washed down with milk.

Then later a desert ice cream or custard fruit.

Less liquidy these days enough salt added maybe 10 to 13 grams.

Still peaty but more Liberal.

Carrot or 2 a day, salads most days.

I'm not saying it feels perfect but its the best I've felt since peating.

OP
S

Samurai Drive

The fact that you already realize something is wrong means your probably more sensitive than the average person, but this is also your pitfall. This can include being self-critical, which means that you shouldn't judge yourself for a set arbitrary standard. If you truly believe your right, and if you truly believe humans are inherently good, or at least you are, you can take it easy and things will resolve on their own once your recovered. Because if your lazy, the laziness may be resolved in 2 ways, a) you double down on the laziness and TRULY relax (without mental torture about unmet expectations), or b) you force yourself to work to "shock" the system into working (won't work if your burnt out or low cortisol, chronic damage possible).

A thread on the issue from a Peaty standpoint, fix metabolism but most importantly don't get into a chronically stressed state for whatever reason. If the issue is chronic, fixing it will be very difficult. What happens is that you get a certain stressor, it then raises cortisol, and if you don't remove the stressor (which may be a trauma which causes prolonged cortisol release even though the event may have passed already) your body starts looking for ways to cope with it. If your metabolism is robust you may fare better, but in the end the chronic stress will change the shape of your brain and the stress will basically become a part of your existence. Your baseline cortisol will be what a healthy person finds stressful.

So you want a good metabolism, fearlessness to tackle traumas if they pop up, and mentally to be able to take it easy for a prolonged amount of time to truly revert the brain back to a healthy shape (if the issue is chronic). Very difficult, especially on the mental side, because you will feel something that makes you constantly restless. Internet addiction and scouring countless websites for useless information is typically a symptom of this.
I enjoyed reading this, well put.
Your q about how I feel after working for say six months, I feel eroded, but I am in my forties now and am not doing office work anymore, so manual labour work. I guess I'm sitting here in the beautiful sun at the mo feeling really nice and its that general niceness which gets eroded when I go into a dark uv lit gray enviroment to complete repetitive tasks. It makes sense my system would say noooo to that right.

But I am since discovering peat and thinking that if I just give the body what it needs I'll feel OK regardless of the situation, well I am reopening up to more than just nutrients, as relevant as that may be.

Tks for the eloquent reply.

OP
S

Samurai Drive

Yes, I've had decades of dealing with both of these. I was also hypersensitive to lights (flashing) and noises, also to all environmental toxins. I was able to recover with Acella desiccated thyroid via a good endocrinologist AND high dose thiamine hcl.

I have heavy metal poisoning, mainly lead and mercury. Heavy metals bind to thiamine, making it unavailable for the body's needs. High dosing thiamine resolved all of my symptoms.

suggested reading:
Thanks mostly,

I've followed your posts on thiamine through the years now, I did not know the heavy metals bind to thiamine.

I have hcl and usually take 300 to 500 mg most days, may bump it up to two doses especially if I'm called to work.
I have some wonderful supplements in the cupboard but I'm trying to refine more and more as I go on.

Thanks for the post..

purple pill

Thanks mostly,

I've followed your posts on thiamine through the years now, I did not know the heavy metals bind to thiamine.

I have hcl and usually take 300 to 500 mg most days, may bump it up to two doses especially if I'm called to work.
I have some wonderful supplements in the cupboard but I'm trying to refine more and more as I go on.

Thanks for the post..
When i went over gram doses of thiamine hcl for a week i started getting pretty bad body odor from my arm pits, only theory i could find was that heavy metals were being chelated through my sweat, fairly uncommon but throwing it out there lol
took 3 days to leave! 👀

OP
S

Samurai Drive

When i went over gram doses of thiamine hcl for a week i started getting pretty bad body odor from my arm pits, only theory i could find was that heavy metals were being chelated through my sweat, fairly uncommon but throwing it out there lol
took 3 days to leave! 👀
I think that's the sulphur. Thiamine can go off kinda quick, gets extra smelly then and hardens.

mostlylurking

My first meal is light black tea with a splash of milk and sugar. The British way, I enjoy this tbh. A little fruit maybe then oat bran with salt sugar.
More tea or coffee the later I've been liking custard and fruit, may have some cheese or liver pate.
Black tea (also coffee) blocks thiamine. I've been reduced to drinking mint tea; I put a rounded 1/8 cup of hydrolyzed gelatin in it along with some sugar and cream.
Both black and coffee block thiamine. Does the custard have any protein in it? Milk & eggs?
Then dinner,this is where I get my 30 grams of protien a
If this is all the protein you're getting it could be a problem. Have you tried adding hydrolyzed or regular gelatin to your drinks/food?
I did not know the heavy metals bind to thiamine.
yep. links:
"Thiamine (2–4 mg/kg per day, SC) alleviates clinical manifestations and reduces tissue deposition of lead."
"Thiamine has a sulfur molecule in it, and mercury having an affinity for sulfur will tear the Thiamine compound apart to bind with that sulfur molecule."
I have hcl and usually take 300 to 500 mg most days, may bump it up to two doses
Although that level of dosing for thiamine hcl did help me a little, I did not get the major benefit of thiamine hcl which gave me my life back until I increased my dose to 1 gram of thiamine hcl 2Xday. I follow Dr. Costantini's protocol.
I've been chelated with EDTA by IV many times. I remember that the doctor told me to be sure to shower right after exercising as the heavy metals can come out in the sweat so the sweat should be washed off asap so that the heavy metal is not reabsorbed.

Thiamine hcl has sulfur as part of the molecule; the heavy metal binds to the sulfur.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals