Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Can Be Caused Quite Easily By Change In Hormones

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Sep 13, 2016.

1. HDD

HDD Member

I have experienced extreme fatigue from the heat while washing cars. This was when I was recovering from an exacerbation. Usually, I sit in the sun in water (beach or swimming pool) to not overheat. Heat intolerance is also a hypothyroid symptom.

2. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

It only reinforces the suspicion that higher doses of supplemental vit D can be dangerous in the presence of dairy.
    I just opened his protocol and the only reason why these foods were mentioned was because they include dairy in their preparation, but he stated that they shouldn't be eliminated.

3. Lucenzo01

Lucenzo01 Member

It's possible that one of the mechanisms of the protocol is starve the intestinal flora of calcium. Such an increase in vitamin D plus the calcium restriction would dramatically reduce bacterial and fungal count. I'm more.convinced by the day that the vast majority of chronic illness are caused by infections.

4. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Rayzord already mentioned that dairy, as long as it has some fat or bile is stimulated, forms the sterilizing calcium soaps in the intestines. So its avoidance is to prevent calcium toxicity.
    Regarding MS having an infectious component, I don't doubt. Especially because people improve using vitamins A and D, which are also immunomodulatory.
    Multiple Sclerosis And Other Hormone-Related Brain Syndromes
    @Travis (bcm-7)

5. Travis

Travis Member

Myelin is made from pregnenolone, progesterone, and phospholipids. Anything that upregulates steroid production sounds like it would be protective.

I am actually reading about this right now. Daniel Perl and others were finding high aluminum concentrations in the nerves of multiple sclerosis patients. This does make sense, and aluminum is naturally attracted to phosphorous in the body—a fact that makes the hyperphosphorylated τ a prime target.

But I can see how statins could contribute, by interfering with cholesterol production. I think nearly all cases, avoiding aluminum and statins should prevent this from happening. There is some science behind the BMAA hypothesis but it's starting to look more and more like a diversion—logical in itself but serving to detract attention from the role aluminum plays in this. It would seem as if the only theories which can become popular are those which don't implicate powerful industries, and it wouldn't surprise me if ALCOA was indirectly funding the "safer" studies (from their perspective.)

Aluminum is everywhere and should perhaps be public enemy #1. Unlike things like PUFA, or even iron, aluminum serves absolutely no useful function and is easy to avoid.

But lipotoxin is a lipid, and might be expected to accumulate around myelin. I can see how it could cause inflammation in that area.

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

7. Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

In this case is it safe or harmful to suppress DHEAS with something like dexomethasone?

8. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Me too

9. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

You may have done this already, but if you haven't check out Andrew K Fletcher's Incline Bed Therapy.

10. HDD

HDD Member

Thank you, yes, we did this many years ago. I don’t recall where I read about it back then. I wasn’t having significant symptoms at that time and don’t recall how long we did it or if it made a difference. I now have a huge king size bed that would be difficult to adjust but I might revisit this if my husband can figure out a way and is willing. Thanks!

11. Astolfo

Astolfo Member

What if pssd or pfs may be related to this? I had looked up to ms symptoms and I can say that I have all of them. The worst, it progressively worsening since 10 months. It’s sure that my hormone levels disturbed after the both fluoxetine and saw palmetto.

If I can balance my hormones again, could I reverse that problem too?

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

In most people it would be harmful unless their DHEA levels are in the upper 75% of the range. Cortisol blocks synthesis of most beneficial neurosteroids. There are several studies showing DHT blocks MS development in mice, and since DHEA is a major DHT precursor in humans blocking its synthesis with glucocorticoids is likely to be harmful. The glucocorticoid do not cure anything, they just mask the symptoms while making the underlying pathology much worse.