Molasses?

清貴杉山

Hey,i was thinking on getting molasses a shot,i looked up the micro content and its pretty solid on paper,lots of manganese,magnesium,copper,calcium,potassium ,etc,apparently low iron?...its not such a concern to me since i drink 3 to 4 strong cups of coffee a day.Anyone know its safety?i heard its full of acrylamides and glycation products because of the process.Thanks in advance
Also,i need some good energy/nutrient dense source of food,molasses seems to be both and pretty cheap and easy to eat or add

Hey,i was thinking on getting molasses a shot,i looked up the micro content and its pretty solid on paper,lots of manganese,magnesium,copper,calcium,potassium ,etc,apparently low iron?...its not such a concern to me since i drink 3 to 4 strong cups of coffee a day.Anyone know its safety?i heard its full of acrylamides and glycation products because of the process.Thanks in advance
Also,i need some good energy/nutrient dense source of food,molasses seems to be both and pretty cheap and easy to eat or add

View: https://youtu.be/zegS9lSYteg

I bought some thinking it was a good source of magnesium and copper, but threw it away when I saw how high in iron it is in just one tablespoon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-142821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-142821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 55

Birdie

I bought some thinking it was a good source of magnesium and copper, but threw it away when I saw how high in iron it is in just one tablespoon!
!! Yes, I used it years ago but quit it way before finding Peat. He, however, gives the best reasons and sets you on a path with basic information to evaluate so many items as you trudge along. :):

清貴杉山

I got a headache 30 minutes after eating molasses,went away after a few sips of coffee,im glad i just bought a jar cost me 2 bucks,i will use it for the plants instead lol,thanks as always Rinse

!! Yes, I used it years ago but quit it way before finding Peat. He, however, gives the best reasons and sets you on a path with basic information to evaluate so many items as you trudge along. :):

He sure does! In weighing molasses, I just don't feel the risk is worth the reward when liver gives far far more of those same benefits.

I got a headache 30 minutes after eating molasses,went away after a few sips of coffee,im glad i just bought a jar cost me 2 bucks,i will use it for the plants instead lol,thanks as always Rinse

I laughed out loud reading what you just said! Let me know how the plants like it, and maybe I'll buy a jar ?

清貴杉山

I laughed out loud reading what you just said! Let me know how the plants like it, and maybe I'll buy a jar ?
its used as a fertilizer,i bet that the inorganic minerals are excellent for plants to use it! my ciboullete and oregano will grow like crazy,ill just stick with my homemade jams for high sugar/calorie content,molasses is the easy way,will take the extra effort to make jams

its used as a fertilizer,i bet that the inorganic minerals are excellent for plants to use it! my ciboullete and oregano will grow like crazy,ill just stick with my homemade jams for high sugar/calorie content,molasses is the easy way,will take the extra effort to make jams

I have been using good pectin free jams for a variety of dishes, and recently a lot of marmalade, since Ray Peat calls marmalade a "super drug". I am gonna sweeten some tea with marmalade today and see how that tastes!

“When I get sour oranges I make marmalade from the peels, if they are organic. Shred, soak, cook slowly simmering in water for about an hour before adding sugar, and letting that simmer without boiling until it thickens a little. When it’s cool it thickens more. The peels are rich in antiinflammatory chemicals, more than the juice, and the marmalade is a good way to get sugar with the cottage cheese or parmesan.“ -Ray Peat

清貴杉山

I have been using good pectin free jams for a variety of dishes, and recently a lot of marmalade, since Ray Peat calls marmalade a "super drug". I am gonna sweeten some tea with marmalade today and see how that tastes!

“When I get sour oranges I make marmalade from the peels, if they are organic. Shred, soak, cook slowly simmering in water for about an hour before adding sugar, and letting that simmer without boiling until it thickens a little. When it’s cool it thickens more. The peels are rich in antiinflammatory chemicals, more than the juice, and the marmalade is a good way to get sugar with the cottage cheese or parmesan.“ -Ray Peat
im just reading your frittata recipe i need to try that,i love frittatas as a person with a lot of italian ancestry lolol

Birdie

Besides that, Ray pointed out iron in it I believe. I was just impressed with his findings. .. as usual.
He sure does! In weighing molasses, I just don't feel the risk is worth the reward when liver gives far far more of those same benefits.

DonLore

Molasses have enormous amount of magnesium and potassium, also plenty of calcium and B6. It also ranks pretty high in antioxodants. Whats not to love? 100 times better than white sugar, which has zero anything

BrianF

Molasses have enormous amount of magnesium and potassium, also plenty of calcium and B6. It also ranks pretty high in antioxodants. Whats not to love? 100 times better than white sugar, which has zero anything
If you have a diet low in iron anyway, I'd agree it's well worth experimenting with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals