Prevent nutrient deficiency from processed sugar consumption

I'm.No.One

Thanks for the clarification, I have a stove top pressure cooker so I am unfamiliar with the electric ones.
If you ever come across a good deal on one I highly suggest snatching it up!

They are absurdly handy & you don't have to monitor the pressure as you're cooking.

They make winter soups & such so easy, the newer models even have delayed timers so you can toss everything in & have it begin cooking just in time to get home from work or whatever.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

If you ever come across a good deal on one I highly suggest snatching it up!

They are absurdly handy & you don't have to monitor the pressure as you're cooking.

They make winter soups & such so easy, the newer models even have delayed timers so you can toss everything in & have it begin cooking just in time to get home from work or whatever.
How do you prevent the food from spoiling the many hours it's sitting in the pot before starting to cook?

I would say slow cook to prevent such spoilage but then you are losing more nutrition, maybe not enough to matter though.

catharsis

Some veggies have their place in a RP-inspired diet. There's a lot of nutrients that you cannot simply get from fruits (or in sufficient quantities): folate, chlorophyll, vitamin K, some choline-sparing nutrients like betaine, etc. These benefits need to be balanced out with some of the anti-nutrient qualities veggies can have like oxalic acid or some goitrogenic compounds. I won't make a comprehensive list of healthy veggies, having a somewhat balanced diet should be good enough. Peat's recommendation against the brassicas makes a lot of sense.

Dietary Chlorophyll Metabolites Catalyze the Photoreduction of Plasma Ubiquinone

I'm.No.One

How do you prevent the food from spoiling the many hours it's sitting in the pot before starting to cook?

I would say slow cook to prevent such spoilage but then you are losing more nutrition, maybe not enough to matter though.
In the winter months, unless you live in a hot climate/keep your home super warm the high quality meat won't spoil in a matter of hours.

In fact some cuts like roasts/steaks cook better when brought to room temp first & this can take 8 hours for the thicker roasts.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

You have to add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker. The instant pot isn't recommended.

Yeah I was reminded how badly I screwed up my teeth today when I bit down and got shooting pain.
Yeah veganism isn't healthy at all. We need meats as well as veggies.

There is some evidence nightshades can cause leaky gut as well.
I did up the veggies like that under 15psi max pressure common for pressure cookers for 3 minutes. Carrots, oyster mushroom, asparagus, green onions, zucchini and golden beets all cut up. After I slathered with butter and salt. It was pretty delicious and satisfying. The next day I used the leftovers for fried rice. Thx for the idea works great.

InChristAlone

I did up the veggies like that under 15psi max pressure common for pressure cookers for 3 minutes. Carrots, oyster mushroom, asparagus, green onions, zucchini and golden beets all cut up. After I slathered with butter and salt. It was pretty delicious and satisfying. The next day I used the leftovers for fried rice. Thx for the idea works great.
Great! Yeah a bowl of buttered well cooked veggies is satisfying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals