Brer Black Strap Molasses - huge difference

Cloudhands

Figured id share this with others who could possibly benefit. I know peat said that molasses could be allergenic, but it hasnt been from my experience. I previously was using honey in my cafe con leche, about 1-1.5 tsp per cup, and while this is delicious, id get cold if i didnt have a salty snack nearby more frequently. Since switching to BSM (black strap molasses), (specifically the Brer brand with low iron, high magnesium and calcium), ive been much more stable and feel much less adrenalized after copious amounts of coffee. The BSM also helps to make an awesome ratio of calcium/phos, has a boatload of potassium and magnesium, and im pretty sure it comes with fulvic acids which help assimilate the minerals as well. Regardless of what the mechanism is, i feel better with this than honey or sugar. BSM is also cheaper than honey, and i think its worth it for anyone to expiriment with, and its bitter taste is masked by the milk and coffee. If anyone tries it or has already tried it let me know about your experiences!

Nicole W.

Figured id share this with others who could possibly benefit. I know peat said that molasses could be allergenic, but it hasnt been from my experience. I previously was using honey in my cafe con leche, about 1-1.5 tsp per cup, and while this is delicious, id get cold if i didnt have a salty snack nearby more frequently. Since switching to BSM (black strap molasses), (specifically the Brer brand with low iron, high magnesium and calcium), ive been much more stable and feel much less adrenalized after copious amounts of coffee. The BSM also helps to make an awesome ratio of calcium/phos, has a boatload of potassium and magnesium, and im pretty sure it comes with fulvic acids which help assimilate the minerals as well. Regardless of what the mechanism is, i feel better with this than honey or sugar. BSM is also cheaper than honey, and i think its worth it for anyone to expiriment with, and its bitter taste is masked by the milk and coffee. If anyone tries it or has already tried it let me know about your experiences!
How much BSM do you use per day? How long have you been using it? Have you noticed any drawbacks?

Sefton10

The nutrient profile of the Brer brand looks excellent, in my experience it's impossible to get it in the UK though :(

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

How much BSM do you use per day? How long have you been using it? Have you noticed any drawbacks?
2.5-3.5 tbsp depending on how much coffee i drink. I used to feel like i stood up too quick whenever i drank large amounts of coffee, now i dont.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

And as far as drawbacks, no. Its easier to stir than honey too. I guess i need to make sure i eat more salt outside of it because of its high amounts of potassium.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

The nutrient profile of the Brer brand looks excellent, in my experience it's impossible to get it in the UK though :(
Dang, maybe find someone whos able to order the 12 pack from walmart and have them ship it to you.

清貴杉山

yo iv been thinking on start doing BSH, cheap sugar while high nutrient,im trying to diminish my starches and i need a good source of easy cals

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

yo iv been thinking on start doing BSH, cheap sugar while high nutrient,im trying to diminish my starches and i need a good source of easy cals
since brer switched their molasses to a variety with low magnesium and high iron i dont notice the same benefits anymore and occassionally get diarrhea. shame :(

This does look good. I ordered a 3 pack from Amazon. Thanks Cloudhands!

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

This does look good. I ordered a 3 pack from Amazon. Thanks Cloudhands!
i have potentially bad news: when i ordered a batch from brer a few months ago i noticed the label changed, there was less calcium and magnesium and WAY more iron. it tastes more strongly and made me have a ton of diarrhea. i hope your experience is different but it definitely wasnt the same experience as what i shared there :(

i have potentially bad news: when i ordered a batch from brer a few months ago i noticed the label changed, there was less calcium and magnesium and WAY more iron. it tastes more strongly and made me have a ton of diarrhea. i hope your experience is different but it definitely wasnt the same experience as what i shared there :(
Here is the back of the bottle I ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-174409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-174409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 78
OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Here is the back of the bottle I ordered.
yeah it said that when i ordered it, but when i recieved it it had changed. i tried contacting brer via email hoping to get some money back since i bought 12 of them, but they never responded. i really hope you get the one you ordered because it worked well for me.

LA

They sold the company and we also had that experience. I got a headache with my regular 1 tablespoon dose so I used a teaspoon stirred in milk the next time. I still didnt love it like I used to. My husband said to forget ordering anymore for a while

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

They sold the company and we also had that experience. I got headache with my regular 1 tablespoon dose so then I used a teaspoon stirred in milk the next time. I still didnt love it like I used to. My husband said to forget ordering anymore for a while
really sucks, but validating to know someone else shared the same experience. im now using maple syrup, i like how easy it is to pour.

AdR

Yeah it's over I think. Shame. I've been using cacao powder but the magnesium content isn't listed on the package of the one I use. Iron is pretty low but copper is sort of high (i think 9%). Not sure it's a great source of Mg but it's low in heavy metals so that's good

yeah it said that when i ordered it, but when i recieved it it had changed. i tried contacting brer via email hoping to get some money back since i bought 12 of them, but they never responded. i really hope you get the one you ordered because it worked well for me.
Oh no! My seller has a good rating. I will have to cross my fingers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom